rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

Rock Hill by 5.

Come on Redmen!!

bballrh
Waterboy

Post by bballrh »

will be a tight one. The hill is starting off like last year. Hopefuly it will turn around. Things have got to change. There hardly ever anyone around the basket. The rebounds have got to improve. THe other teams are getting second and third shots off. Ashland had a few little guys that were stealing and really putting the pressure on like they were 6" 4" and up. I am sorry the hill has got to stpe up their game. When a defense is not working it has got to be changed. and the same for the offense. Don't know what it is going to take but something has to change quick.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Fairland will own the Redman. They just beat a good Fed Hock team by 15 or so at Fed Hock. I look for the same result here. Fairland is just better Rock Hill starts 0-3.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

This will be a good game but first the dragons are going to concentrate on trying to revenge a loss to Greenup Co. Then will worry about a struggling Rock Hill team. GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dukiees1
JV Team

Post by dukiees1 »

I'm hoping the Redmen can turn it around and start with a much needed "W" Friday night!! Good luck Redmen and just play hard and play Defense and get those Rebounds!!! :)

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

I guess one positive thing about our 0-2 start is that we are officially flying under the radar now... maybe we can sneak up on some folks... I don't think we are seen as much of a force as before the season began... do I think we are? Yes... but simply saying it or having the ability to be something does not make it reality until you go out and prove it through your actions. Before Friday night it will be helpful for everyone to relax, take a deep breath and then make some recommitments to personal excellence, dicipline and effort. The ingredients are there, it's up to the coaches and players to find the right recipe and its up to us as fans to encouarage them as they continue... I've never met a HS coach or player who sat out with the intent of failing... pride is always one of our greatest enemies... it does not allow us to adjust our thinking or our routines, it simply continues on with the status quo... Was it Einstein that said "ignoarance is continuing to do the same things and expecting different results." Ashland should have opened our eyes to defensive intensity and proper matchups as a key to victory in basketball. I look forward to seeing how our program adjusts from game to game and what things stay in place... it's a long season!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Better strap youre rocket shoes on Redmen.Dragons hung 111 on Greenup tonight. :lol:

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

The dragons are playing pretty good right now but their is room for improvement. I look for a hard fought victory for the green and white on the redmen's home floor by 8-10 points. GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!

earp
S

Post by earp »

I would agree Red!It always seems to be a close game no matter the records or the location.Its conference play! thats just how it is.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Dragons by 6, with free throws making it that big.

RH has started off slow, but won't be an easy team to beat at all at home. They will be looking to prove themselves, especially in a conference game as well.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

I will take Fairland in this one. I look for Lamb to have a big game.I saw Fairland at the convo last year and was impressed with all the young talent they had.Are they still div III?

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Yes they are division III Rock Hill moved down this year and they are also division III.

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

This should be a great game. I will go with the Hill, though. Good luck to both teams!!

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

GO REDMEN!!!

dukiees1
JV Team

Post by dukiees1 »

I have a very good feeling that the Redmen are going to come out on top at the end of this game... Good luck to the Redmen!!!

dukiees1
JV Team

Post by dukiees1 »

I think the final score was Fairland 61 - RH 53

I would like to give congrats to the Dragons, you all have a very good team and some very good shooters. Fairland did a good job on pressing the ball which I thought Rock Hill should've done earlier on in the game and they have got to start playing Defense and taking good shots if they are going to get on the win column.. Sorry Redmen but keep your heads up boys we all know you all can play!!

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

Tough 63-51 loss for the Redmen. Outscored by Fairland 28-18 in the 4th quarter... that was the difference. We were bunching around midcourt when Fairland pressed instead of taking our man down court to open up passing lanes and dribble lanes... other than that there was some improvement. RH is a slow starter... they're getting there... Another tough one against Waverly on Tuesday at home... According to Maxpreps Tonight...
Davenport had 15 pts. 14 rebounds
D. Kuehne 14 pts.
Pierson 11 pts.
Matney 4 pts.
S. Kuehne/DePriest 2 pts each
Butler 3 pts.

For Fairland
Lamb was high with 21 pts.
C. Hatfield 11 pts.
Bumgardner 10 pts. all in the 4th quarter

Keep your head up guys! Better days will come... keep working and trust each other!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

The difference tonight was the D threw on Rock Hill. Always good to not play your best and win. Congrats to Dustin on his first dunk when it counted. WAY TO GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”