Burg @ Oak Hill - 12/7

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Burg @ Oak Hill - 12/7

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Who do I pick in this game? Wheelersburg struggles last night but got the win in the last seconds of the game. They are a little down this year as it seems. Oak Hill on the other hand are on the rise but they also did not play the best against Valley last night. These were the first games so its hard to tell how to judge these two teams this early.

I say Oak Hill gets the win.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I think if the Burg presses Oak Hill, it could be the difference in the game. Oak Hill might have the size, but I still think they are going to struggle some because of their guard play. They lost two Senior guards off of last years regional semi-final team and will struggle against teams that press.

I think Burg can win this one if they play together as a team. They seem to stand around and wait for Drew to take over when in fact there are some other very capable ball players on the court. Don't get me wrong, Drew is one of the best players in the area but even he knows he can't do it all himself and when the other players realize that and start taking shots when they are open, look out, they will become that much better on offense.

They proved last night that they can get down in a hostile environment and fight their way back into the game. Twice last night they were down double figures but still managed to claw there way back and get the win. That is the makings of a good team, plus they are still working out the kinks from the football season. 4 of the 5 starters played football. Once they get their basketball legs under them, they will be a force to reckon with.

burgtown
Waterboy

oak hill vs burg

Post by burgtown »

I also saw the minford-burg game friday night, I would have to go with oak hill even without seeing them play. The burg is getting very little scoring from the guard play and defense will only get you so far. Burg has good size, not great, but are getting very little advantage from it. Don't expect to much this year from burg. Drew is a good player but to inconsisent to carry the team every night.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

here is cal preps. i'm takin burg by 15

at Oak Hill (OH)
Wheelersburg (OH) 61, Oak Hill (OH) 44

at Wheelersburg (OH)
Wheelersburg (OH) 63, Oak Hill (OH) 42

at neutral site
Wheelersburg (OH) 62, Oak Hill (OH) 43

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

dogg, I would have to think that calprepes is basing those predictions on last years score, since they don't have much to go on for this year.

If Burg goes into Oak Hill thinking they will win by 15 and I'll guarantee you Coach Barrick isn't letting that happen, then they just might be in for a rude awakening.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:dogg, I would have to think that calprepes is basing those predictions on last years score, since they don't have much to go on for this year.

If Burg goes into Oak Hill thinking they will win by 15 and I'll guarantee you Coach Barrick isn't letting that happen, then they just might be in for a rude awakening.

thats probably true

in_sane
Riding the Bench

Post by in_sane »

Biggest game in SOC 2 ?????

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Ondera is a better guard than last year. GO OAKS

Oakaholic33
Waterboy

Post by Oakaholic33 »

definately the biggest game in the SOC 2

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Oakes by 10

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Oaks by 11 :lol:

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

OAKS 67-61

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I suggest you get to the game early for a seat Friday night.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

let's slow down just a little bit. Last I checked we haven't beaten them since 97. So all of these double digit winning margins should hold off until we beat them once.

Yes I do think that we will win but I would be fine beating them by .000000000001 if it was possible.

I no firsthand what it is like to lose to the Burg many years (we came closer than some on several occasions but close is not good enough) I believe the Oaks overcome this streak but will not give a double digit margin until next game. I know better. :lol:

Just a Pup
Waterboy

Re: oak hill vs burg

Post by Just a Pup »

burgtown wrote:I also saw the minford-burg game friday night, I would have to go with oak hill even without seeing them play. The burg is getting very little scoring from the guard play and defense will only get you so far. Burg has good size, not great, but are getting very little advantage from it. Don't expect to much this year from burg. Drew is a good player but to inconsisent to carry the team every night.

I think, "too inconsistent to carry the team every night" is pretty stupid.
btw, I corrected your usage of "to". Just couldn't bring myself to type it the way you did.

I suppose scoring 26 and 17 in 2 games is inconsistent. However, given only a couple weeks in the gym, it's a little early to judge. The only thing he hasn't done well in both games is shoot from the perimeter. Anyone who has ever watched him knows that won't last.

And no one player can carry a team to the levels we've come to expect.
Cam could not have, Burleson couldn't either. These guys are pretty good athletes and will get better every game.

Give 'em a chance.

burgtown
Waterboy

Post by burgtown »

Granted, some of the kids are good athletes, I'm saying that they are not all that good basketball players.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Oaks in a close win but will add up toward the end with quick fouls

Oaks by 10

BULDOG
All Conference

Re: oak hill vs burg

Post by BULDOG »

Just a Pup wrote:
burgtown wrote:I also saw the minford-burg game friday night, I would have to go with oak hill even without seeing them play. The burg is getting very little scoring from the guard play and defense will only get you so far. Burg has good size, not great, but are getting very little advantage from it. Don't expect to much this year from burg. Drew is a good player but to inconsisent to carry the team every night.

I think, "too inconsistent to carry the team every night" is pretty stupid.
btw, I corrected your usage of "to". Just couldn't bring myself to type it the way you did.

I suppose scoring 26 and 17 in 2 games is inconsistent. However, given only a couple weeks in the gym, it's a little early to judge. The only thing he hasn't done well in both games is shoot from the perimeter. Anyone who has ever watched him knows that won't last.

And no one player can carry a team to the levels we've come to expect.
Cam could not have, Burleson couldn't either. These guys are pretty good athletes and will get better every game.

Give 'em a chance.

Good Point Pup! It takes all 5 on the floor to do their job for a team to be successful. These young men are shooting footballs right now. They will come around.

As mentioned before the concern for Burg has to be the lack of an inside game at this point and rebounding. Their size should allow them to utilize the post and for the most part control the boards. At Minford I saw a few forced perimeter shots mostly out of frustration. I also saw opportunities to dump to the post that were overlooked. Burg was mainly a perimeter team at Minford until late in the game when they became more agressive in the paint.

This will be a close one, especially on the Oaks floor. Burg usually does not play well there. Late foul shooting will be the difference in this one. I'll say Burg 57 Oaks 53.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Oaks by 2...I HOPE..GO OAks

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

2 more days!

Return to “Boys Basketball”