Belpre (1-2) @ Meigs 12/7

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Belpre (1-2) @ Meigs 12/7

Post by Eagles20 »

Should be a very interesting game. Coach Ewing knows the Belpre very well. What are everyone's thoughts.

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

I'll go ahead and say it
Meigs will win in a close one

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Gonna be a close game, and like you said, Coach Ewing knows these Belpre kids pretty well...I say Belpre takes it in a nail-biter.

Belpre 67
Meigs 64

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

i believe the only kids Ewing coached or helped coach at Belpre are Lynch, Pfalzgraf and Loyland. Belpre needs to get some offense rolling, they havent done well offensively on the road this season, and Belpre never seems to play well at Meigs, but im behind this Belpre team all the way, Lynch and Pfalzgraf lead the team again in a another close victory.

Belpre 55
Meigs 49

sportyspice
Waterboy

Post by sportyspice »

I agree it is going to be a close one! I put Meigs on top this time! GOOD LUCK MEIGS!

Mr.Clutch42
Waterboy

Post by Mr.Clutch42 »

i am going with meigs by 5

GOOD BETTER BEST

Never let it rest
until your GOOD is BETTER
and you BETTER is BEST
fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

belpre i hate to tell you this but meigs needs this one more than you. the tension is really high. we could use good news. a win would cool off things.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

beleagle05 wrote:Gonna be a close game, and like you said, Coach Ewing knows these Belpre kids pretty well...I say Belpre takes it in a nail-biter.

Belpre 67
Meigs 64

When Ewing was at Belpre none of these kids had the roles they now have. I see Belpre by 10

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

i think this one will be a close one....i dont no how good the eagles are......but meigs has to play well and together.....against gallia it wasnt that great but they lost a close one to river valley so ....i think meigs really needs to win this one to get this going

son_ofthe_south
Waterboy

Post by son_ofthe_south »

belpre i hate to tell you this but meigs needs this one more than you. the tension is really high. we could use good news. a win would cool off things.

Why is tension really high? Meigs hasn't won a league game in the past two seasons. Meigs is the underdog. Belpre is the team that should feel the pressure in this game. Losing to Meigs would not be a good way to start league play.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

son of the south where have you been? the tension in meigs between the parents and the coachs with the kids caught in the middle is incredible. a win would make our team feel better, allow our coaches some room to breath and make upset parents feel calmer. i don't know who will win. but i know who needs it to happen. 10 kids sitting on the right hand side of the gymn.
for my kid
for your kid
as for maurauder fans, give them 3 more days. :?
Last edited by fasteach on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Should be a close game. Have to give the edge to the home team but I am hoping for another Belpre win.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

"as for maurauder fans, give them 3 more days."

What does this mean?

BleedThePurple96
Waterboy

Post by BleedThePurple96 »

If Meigs wins, they will have to win by scoring under 50 pts, they won't be over 50 much this year.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Eagles20 wrote:
beleagle05 wrote:Gonna be a close game, and like you said, Coach Ewing knows these Belpre kids pretty well...I say Belpre takes it in a nail-biter.

Belpre 67
Meigs 64

When Ewing was at Belpre none of these kids had the roles they now have. I see Belpre by 10

I am very aware of that, but that doesnt mean that he doesnt know anything about them.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

2 teams going in different directions. Belpre has not proved they can play well when up against a team with any talent. I look for this to be a coming out party for the boys from meigs. They will wave at the eagles on thier way past them in the TVC standings. Belpre now understands the value of Thornhill and how much he is missed. Last year several fans were on here saying that th eagles may be better without him and all of the shots he took. Careful what u wish for. Meigs by 6

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

its early in the season and the reason Belpre hasnt been doing good against teams with talent is because none of the other kids are used to having the feature role. Lynch and Pfalzgraf now have to be the premiere scorers on this belpre team, it will take some time for them to adjust. Everyone has new roles because last year JT took 75 percent of the teams shots. Now everyone is touching the ball more and they have to adjust to that. Once they adjust and get used to the Curt Plummer system, they will be a very good team. Lynch got almost all of his 3-point shots last season because Thornhill drove and kicked it out because everyone was helping on Jordan. Pfalzgraf and everyone else scored the same way, yes jordan is missed, but when is the schools all time leading scorer not missed? he took some very questionable shots last year and it looked as if he was only worried about getting his record than beating the opponent. Now, that he is gone, everyone is adjusting to new roles, and once they do belpre will turn things around...I say Belpre in a close one

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Captain Jack wrote:
HaterAid wrote:Belpre now understands the value of Thornhill and how much he is missed. Last year several fans were on here saying that th eagles may be better without him and all of the shots he took. Careful what u wish for. Meigs by 6

Good point, Hateraid. I remember people saying those ridiculous comments about being better without Thornhill. I knew they would be missing him this season. Belpre will have a good season, I think, but they would have a better season if Jordan Thornhill were still on the team.

Say what u will but I'll tell u this, Belpre will be a much better team come tournament time then they were last season. Thornhill had no offensive help because too tight a lid were kept on the kids that could score.... Lynch, Tate, and Loyland. For u to make such snap judgements after 3 games tells me u don't know "ANYTHING" about talent. Belpre has talent and as soon as these kids get used to this new system and the kids fit into their new roles, SKY IS THE LIMIT!!! BELIEVE IT!!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Fasteach if I remember right you were one of the people talking crap about the coaches. I know that recently you have been more supportive or at least not talking as much about the coaches. When I was in school which was a long time ago I remember a quote which has stuck with me all this time"If your not part of the solution than your are part of the problem". I have no dog in this fight but I know this for sure that quote is right on.

Return to “Boys Basketball”