Eagles20
Freshman Team

TVC PREVIEW Week Two

Post by Eagles20 »

TVC PREVIEW Week Two
Last week 4-0

OHIO DIVISION

Vinton Co (4-0) @ Belpre (2-2)

The TVC Ohio Division game of the year. Last year when Vinton came calling to the Eagles Nest, a great comeback win by Vinton Co helped propel the Vikings to the great 20-0 regular season. I believe if you’re going to beat Vinton Co, you had better do it early in the year on your home court. This team is talented with a nice mix of veterans and youngsters. They will only get better as the year goes on. A Vinton Co win and by the time they play the Golden Eagles again the 2008 TVC Championship Banner could already be hanging. Belpre despite the nay Sayers is the only team in the Ohio Division that can match Vinton Co in size and athletes. The sophomore combo of Markie Tate and Reggie Sims combined foe 43 points against Meigs last week. Belpre will need another great effort from the talented duo along with Phalzgraph’s usual double double. Both teams match up well and this one promises to be a “Barn Burner”

Vinton Co 72
Belpre 71 OT

NY (2-2) @ Wellston (0-4)

The Buckeyes travel to Wellston trying to rebound from the huge loss to Vinton Co last week. Wellston having to play without Coach Derrow, has to be a distraction. That being said I look for the home standing Rockets to prevail.

Wellston 54
NY 50

Alexander 3-1) @ Meigs (0-4)

Last week the Spartans opened league play with a 58-24 victory over Wellston. Alexander was led by Barnhouse with 16 points and Greg Frost with 13 points. Meigs was beaten soundly by Belpre last Friday. The Marauders try to adjust to Coach Ewing’s new system. I like Alexander in this one,

Alexander 62
Meigs 55

HOCKING DIVISION

Trimble (0-5) @ Federal Hocking (4-1)

The Tomcats travel to Stewart to tangle with the Lancers. Trimble suffered a devastating loss after leading Eastern by 15 at the half. Look for Cory Williams and the rest of Coach Vales crew to be ready.

FH 68
Trimble 54

Eastern (2-1) @ Miller (2-2)

This should be an exciting game as Eastern looks to go to 2-0 in conference play. Miller looks for their first TVC win. Dustin Householder a tough assignment that Eastern must take care of. I think the home team comes out on top.

Miller 64
Eastern 60

Waterford (4-0) @ Southern (2-2)

Waterford travels to Southern for a key HOCKING Division tilt. The Wildcats led by 6’9” DJ Cunningham are looking to flex their muscles and tune up for the coming showdown with FH. Southern trying to knock off one of the current “bullies on the block”, will need an outstanding effort to pull this feat off. Waterford wins double digits.

Waterford 70
Southern 58

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...eagle20 ... great information ... I can never find anything on Waterford, good to know that they are 4-0 ! I had them penciled in at 2-0 ... who have they beaten ? I may have to adjust their standing on the treehugger list ... thanks

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

I see it hard to believe that Eastern will loose to Miller. :shock:

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... any info as to whether Dustin Householder will be back in the lineup? ... no D. Householder no "W" for Miller ...

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

DJ Cunningham is 6'9" :?: He's growing by leaps and bounds :!:

I only see Waterford playing Wood County Christian, NY, and Miller on my schedule.

stlrfan
Waterboy

Post by stlrfan »

waterford is only 2-0, they beat NY and Wood County Christian, the miller game was postponed, they play this week at southern on friday and saturday at the convo
Last edited by stlrfan on Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... stlrfan !!!! you have made my day !!! with all of the mistakes I made in posting my Elite 8 it's good to know that I had Waterford penciled in correctly at 2-0 ...

stillballin
Waterboy

Post by stillballin »

Wellston is actually 1-4 and Coach Derrow should be back for the Nelsonville-York Wellston game. Alex also defeated wellston 58-34.

captin midnight
Waterboy

Post by captin midnight »

i see wellston rebounding from the tough loss at alexander...i see the derrow kid having a coming out party

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

pfloyd wrote:... stlrfan !!!! you have made my day !!! with all of the mistakes I made in posting my Elite 8 it's good to know that I had Waterford penciled in correctly at 2-0 ...

PFloyd...... u inspire me. I'll try to do better next week :)

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

If Householder is back, Miller will win by 15 to 20 points. Hemlock is a difficult place to play, you get "High-Lifed" there :lol:

Householder is a great player, and if he's healthy, I don't see the Eagles having a defensive stopper.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

EASTERNS D is very good and i think they can keep him in check somewhat enough to out score the rest of the team all of the Eagles can score and will but its tough to play at miller 4 sure allways bad refs GO EAGLES

the thinker
Miller Mole
Waterboy

Post by Miller Mole »

I know that the coach personally pays each official out of his extremely high basketball coaching salary. The refs are bad at every school in the TVC. :roll:

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

true the tvc refs are a joke

the thinker
freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

Bringing this back to front page. Vikes are 5-0 now and Eagles 2-3. This is always a good game, will be exciting.

The TVC refs aren't a joke. Have you never peed on the seat or stepped in a fresh pile of dog poo in your best pair of shoes? :lol: No one is perfect, no one can ALWAYS see EVERYTHING! The TVC refs have their good days and their bad, cut them some slack. :twisted:

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

I'd say Vinton Ccounty will win by 10 or more. I don't see how this club will lose a game in the Conference this year.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

4sporterEHS wrote:I'd say Vinton Ccounty will win by 10 or more. I don't see how this club will lose a game in the Conference this year.

If Belpre cant manage a win this Friday, I dont think they will lose one either.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

beleagle05 wrote:
4sporterEHS wrote:I'd say Vinton Ccounty will win by 10 or more. I don't see how this club will lose a game in the Conference this year.

If Belpre cant manage a win this Friday, I dont think they will lose one either.

This makes no sense. :?

Return to “Boys Basketball”