Vinton Co Vikings @ Belpre Eagles (Fri. Night)

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Vinton Co Vikings @ Belpre Eagles (Fri. Night)

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

This should be a good game. VC is coming off a huge 58 point win against Athens and Belpre a dissapointint loss at home v Marrietta. I look for the Vikes to pull it out and make it 2 years in a row, with wins at the Nest. VC has just too many weapons and a very deep bench. Belpre is just not at their level as of yet.

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

This is going to be a great game, no doubt! The teams match up very well and we will be AT Belpre, but I am going with my Vikes! The Vikes are really looking very strong, the win against Athens and Stewart breaking the 3 pt record has got the team pumped. Other than Stewey hitting that 8th trey, the most exciting part of the game was almost getting 100!
I look for the Eagles to play their best game Friday night, I predict a close and exciting game.
Vinton County 76
Belpre 69

Go Vikes! :twisted:

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

One thing for sure, the Vikes will be focused on the Eagles.
Hard to predict this game, could be close.
I think Vikes Just play their game and win.
GO VIKES

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

GOOD LUCK FRIDAY AND SATURDAY VIKINGS

What time does the game on Friday start?

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

VC wins this one. Belpre cant hang. Guthrie will own the big man of the eagles and show him that size is nothing without some skill. Look for VC to force several TO's and frustrate the young Belpre squad.

VC 68
Belpre 51

captin midnight
Waterboy

Post by captin midnight »

belpre by 20 easily...vinton county is doomed for and upset.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

captin midnight wrote:belpre by 20 easily...vinton county is doomed for and upset.

Did you forget your meds today?

3rd post and it makes no sense at all you must be on something.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Good one Hater Aid :lol:

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Belpre has a way to go, as was shown by the loss to a struggling Marietta at home. I'm still not sure that this year's VC is as good as last year, but they are good enough to handle the Eagles pretty easily.

VC by 16, even at Belpre.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Eagles do have a long way to go, but if they want any chance on winning even a share of the TVC title, then they HAVE to beat vinton county at belpre. Belpre is the only TVC-Ohio team that can even compete with Vinton County. Belpre is not ready for this game, i say VC by 13

VC 67
Belpre 54

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

captin midnight wrote:belpre by 20 easily...vinton county is doomed for and upset.

I hope that's not the smartest thing that you've ever written......

Belpre comes in at 2-3 with their only wins against Miller(who had their best scorer, Householder, go out in the a tied 4th Qtr) and Meigs, who has yet to win a game. Meanwhile, VC has won all of their games by an average margin of 26, and have a record of 5-0. Projecting that "Belpre wins EASILY is silly(let alone by 20).

Tell you what......I'll quit my day job....you give me 20 points and let me lay-a-line for this game. No disrespect to Belpre, but your post is flat poposterious :!:

By the way, thanks for the bullentin board material. I'm sure the VC Varsity squad will appreciate your projection. :lol: :lol:

And, by the way, its "an" upset, not "and" upset. :roll:

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Vc will win easily, i will say by 25.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Captain Jack wrote:VC has never "won easily" at Belpre and I don't look for them to start this year. To get out of Belpre with a win would be great, regardless the score. If the team stays focused like they have been, they can win. It will be a difficult game, though. There are no easy victories in Belpre.

Good post....... I have to agree. Belpre has showed signs that they can be very good. The 1st quarter against Marietta with 30 seconds left thet had a 19-6 lead and the ball. 2 turnovers and 2 baskets gave the Tigers the momentum that carried them to a 31-30 halftime atvantage. So yes I think Belpre can give Vinton Co a good game and maybe even win, but I fear the Vikings will leave the Eagles Nest, win streak intact.

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

:lol: I am getting excited :o I can't wait for this game, it will be a good one :shock:
Let's go Vikes, make it 2-0 for the week! :twisted:(so far!) Then work on that 3rd win in a very tough week.

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

This should be a good game
I Dont think that Belpre is the favorite
But VC hasnt played any teams that have given them a challenge yet
Belpre has that going for them
I think the Vikes have a better team
But its hard to win in Belpre
Last year was the first in forever for Vinton
They also have a young point guard who will definitely be pressured in belpre
Dont expect any calls
I cant pick a winner
But I WILL say that VC will win when they play in McArthur

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Belpre needs to work together to win this game. The motion offense creates some great scoring chances, but you cannot run it for 2 or 3 passes and give up on it or stand there and watch, you have to screen and move, continually. Also, improved offensive rebounding can lead to some easy buckets. Size isn't the most important aspect when it comes to rebounding, its all about body position and boxing out, I look for that to improve as the year continues.

It will take some time for Belpre to get back into a rhythm of actually running a half-court set offense. Something they have not done in the last 6 years. More playing time together will help this team improve as the season progresses.

Vinton County is the favorite but I am hoping for the upset.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

It is NEVER an easy victory at the nest.
I think VC pressure defense will force early timeout and you will see the belpre players bickering amongst themselves going to the huddle.
I think that will spell doom for the Eagles.
VC by double didgets(hopefully)

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Anybody but Belpre! Vikings large again! :-D

Stewart may have 20 3's in this game! ;-)

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Ty Webb wrote:

I hope that's not the smartest thing that you've ever written......

Belpre comes in at 2-3 with their only wins against Miller(who had their best scorer, Householder, go out in the a tied 4th Qtr) and Meigs, who has yet to win a game. Meanwhile, VC has won all of their games by an average margin of 26, and have a record of 5-0. Projecting that "Belpre wins EASILY is silly(let alone by 20).

Tell you what......I'll quit my day job....you give me 20 points and let me lay-a-line for this game. No disrespect to Belpre, but your post is flat poposterious :!:

By the way, thanks for the bullentin board material. I'm sure the VC Varsity squad will appreciate your projection. :lol: :lol:

And, by the way, its "an" upset, not "and" upset. :roll:

While I agree that Belpre more than likely will not win this game by 20 points...that doesnt give you the right to make up words ;-) ...I mean poposterious???? How are you gonna correct someone on their grammar, and say something like that? :roll:
One thing I noticed at the end of the Marietta game was that the coaches lost their composure, and in turn, the players lost their composure. It was especially noticeable when Lynch fouled out, and the kids were looking to the bench for some advice or a play or anything, and the coaches were yelling at the kids on the bench. I am in no way saying that coaching cost Belpre that game...just making an observation.
This is going to be a very hard fought game Friday night and I'm looking foward to seeing some quality basketball.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST

Return to “Boys Basketball”