Best players in the SVC

Sports 101
Varsity

Best players in the SVC

Post by Sports 101 »

I know we are not even at 10 games yet, but who is the talk around the SVC?

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
downtown22
Waterboy

Post by downtown22 »

I have only seen Adena play this year, but I will probably speak for many when I say that Clay Roll and Josh Kellough are the two best players in the Scioto Valley Conference.

I saw where Kellough had 34 one night, so i know he is putting up big numbers for the Huntsmen and he is an all around great player. Great on D, great passer, ball handler, and shooter, he makes the Hunstmen go!

Clay Roll has taken over 2 games this year, coming up short against Miami Trace and hitting the game winning 4 pt play last night against Logan Elm. He has to be the most explosive player in the league. He is averaging 20+ pts this year, along with playing great D. The Warriors will go as far as he can take them.

In my opinion the season is still young, and alot of things can happen, but the only thing i see slowing either of these players down is injury. No one can match up against Kellough, and no on can handle the inside-out game of Roll.

Brabson(sp.?) from Piketon has to be in the mix as well. Kid puts up big numbers.

Baker of Unioto, was over-rated, good player, but will not dominate the SVC as projected.

kobe01
Waterboy

Post by kobe01 »

well said Downtown , I totally agree.
Josh Kellough and Clay Roll are the two best in the league.
Following up behind them are Brabson , Baker , Gibson , and Justin Kellough. It'll be interesting to see how the league ends up. It should be a battle all year long in the Scioto Valley Conference!
good luck to everyone!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

While I agree with the 2 posters above me, how much does Clay pay you guys to talk him up as much as you guys do?

I know hardly anyone talks about the league on here, but the people that do, know that Clay is an explosive scorer, he was last year and he continues to be this year...but please, give it a rest.

kobe01
Waterboy

Post by kobe01 »

Hey be easy Danicalifornia , I'm just a proud Adena fan and I have been all my life. I graduated from adena , and I live in the district. Is it not ok to give my opinion of the players? you tell me.

downtown22
Waterboy

Post by downtown22 »

What was so wrong with what I stated? Where do you get the idea that I only talk Roll up? I just state my opinion on the topic at hand. This happened to be for the Best Player in the SVC. So I believe that Roll and Kellough are the best players in the league. What was so wrong with saying he is an explosive player, he is, and that is one of the traits he has that puts him above the rest. Sorry, but its the truth. Josh Kellough is a great ball handler, everyone knows that too, because he has been since he was a freshman but...but...he is still a great handler and thats what puts him above the rest also. I'm sorry, if you offened by something i say dani. But, com'on buddy, I was talking no one up, just stating the obvious truth, even if everyone in the world know it.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It's not from this thread, but others. Definetly not this one though, because, IMO, I would put him as the best offensive player in the league and he has gotten much better on the defensive end.

Return to “Boys Basketball”