Athens (0-4) vs. Warren Local (4-1) on 12-21-07

Clover
Waterboy

Athens (0-4) vs. Warren Local (4-1) on 12-21-07

Post by Clover »

Warren will host the Bulldogs of Athens this Friday. This will be a triple header night with the Freshman game starting at 5:00 p.m. Come out and make an evening of it everyone. Admission is only $5 per head. Pretty cheap entertainment for three ball games and a chance to see some of the future Warrior players.

Have fun and play hard guys........Go blue. ;-)

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Warren should roll through this one. Athens is VERY physical and will give it their all, but they simply don't have the weapons that Warren does.

Can anyone from Warren give any details on how Craig Call is doing for the Warriors? I've known his Dad forever and just curious how Craig is doing.

Clover
Waterboy

Post by Clover »

A day before game time and not much discussion on this one. I wish Athens the best in their move to the TVC next year. I for one will miss playing the Bulldogs. They have always had some good folks over there. I sure hope that we can at least keep them on the Baseball schedule in the coming years. Coach Gibson has always been a class act from what I have seen. Well, back to basketball, Good luck to both teams this Friday and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Go Warriors, play hard and have fun.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Warren should sweep the evening. Let's hope the varsity team makes a statement after the Z-ville loss. Let's also hope that the team is at full strength for the remainder of the season. Thus far we have had kids missing pretty much every game. It's tough to play short handed.

As far as I know everyone is healthy now. I'm looking forward to an evening of basketball tomorrow.

Good luck Blue!

Athens07
Waterboy

Post by Athens07 »

I understand that Warren as applied to get back into the TVC again. Heard from a very good source. So they may see Athens again down the road if the TVC lets them back in

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Whatttttt ??????? first a rumor about Ironton getting out , now another rumor this time Warren ?????? ...

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I hope the new expansion does not lead to the end of the league as we know it. I said from the beginning, and it was my opinion only, that it was a bad idea. Athens administration has egg on their face for voting for the league and then withdrawing, when it should have been obvious that the league was a bad idea for them to begin with. With all of that rambling, I am wishing the Bulldogs the best of luck against the Warriors in the triple header.

Warren was a very well respected member of the TVC in the day. I played at Alexander and we had great rivalries with Warren in all sports .

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

If Warren leaves the SEOAL to rejoin the TVC - my kids and I are out of here!!!!!!

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

From an AD in the TVC -
Someone brought to vote about inviting Warren back in, no Warren reps at the meeting just a motion to where things stood, and was voted down badly. After talking with the AD it seems some bridges were burned when Warren left.

I was not there just what was reported to me by a AD from a TVC Ohio school back in the fall.

I say Warren is staying in SEOAL because of nowhere to go. Football will just have to get better.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

When Warren left, I think one of the main reasons was because smaller schools like Trimble and Miller were added to the league. At the time, there were 10 schools in the TVC, so teams didn't really have many options for nonleague games. In Warrens last few years in the TVC, it looked like this:

Alexander
Belpre
Federal Hocking
Meigs
Miller
Nelsonville-York
Trimble
Vinton County
Warren
Wellston

I've heard people say Warren left because they dominated everything. That is not true. If you go back and look at past champions, Warren did have championship teams in various sports, including basketball and football, but did not dominate any of them. If I had to pick one team that dominated the most from the Warren era of the TVC when considering all sports, it would have to be Belpre.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I believe the radio said 86-49 Warren. Even said we can't keep track of turnovers anymore on the Athens side because we are out of space, this was in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

Warren plays well at home. Very well coached, play great in transition when it is there and plays great half court offense when it is not there.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Just saw the highlights (or lowlights, depending on your point-of-view) of this game. It looked like Warren vs. the Oregon Ducks. The Athens uniforms are hideous looking, to be bluntly honest. What were they thinking when they bought those things?

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Too many lumps Steely Dan, they are hideous.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I know, not one of the more important things about sports, but geesh, they really don't look good.

Spartan - Coffee is not helping!!!!!!!!! Cousin Paul isn't helping matters either........

jottings
SEOPS H

Reserve score

Post by jottings »

What was the reserve score?

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Cousin Paul , you are killing me, what a coincidence.

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

Warren 86, Athens 49

Athens 7 18 13 11 — 49

Warren 30 23 19 14 — 86

ATHENS 49 (0-5, 0-3)

Vinnie Rider 0 0-0 0, Colin Pfaff 2 1-2 5, Zach Strickmaker 0 0-0 0, Jimmy Herpy 2 1-3 5, Steven Eberts 5 2-2 12, Nigel Cambridge 0 2-4 2, Anthony Sylvester 0 0-0 0, Frank Valentour 1 5-8 7, Matt Witten 3 0-0 6, Cory Butcher 3 3-6 9, Cameron Tope 1 1-2 3; TOTALS 17 15-27 49; 3-point goals: none

WARREN 86 (5-1, 3-1)

Devon Washington 0 3-4 3, Sam Majoy 4 0-0 8, Kaleb Wolfe 0 2-2 2, Craig Call 9 2-4 20, Devan Anderson 1 1-2 3, Clay Ellenwood 1 0-0 2, Tyler Horner 4 1-2 12, Steven Hunter 4 2-2 10, Jonathan Hebb 1 1-1 3, Brandon Fivecoat 0 2-4 2, Boyd Brown 0 0-0 0, David Lemon 5 0-0 11, Cory Hooper 0 1-2 1, Eric Hoon 3 0-1 6, Grant Venham 1 1-2 3; TOTALS 33 16-26 86; 3-point goals: 4 (Tyler Horner 3, David Lemon 1)

JV Score: Warren 62, Athens 49

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Starters or first seven play 1st and 3rd qtrs.

Bench played well again.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Does Athens have to play Zanesville or Chillicothe? If so, when?

I know that they don't have DeSales on the schedule this year, after last year's dunkfest............. :shock:

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Athens plays Zanesville twice (next week 1st time) and they play Chilli once.

Return to “Boys Basketball”