Ironton freshmen

pleasanttiger
SEO

Ironton freshmen

Post by pleasanttiger »

This game wasn't on the schedule but the freshmen play thursday at 4 pm at spring valley. should be a good game , I heard SV is undefeated and the young Tigers are 6-0.

:D :D :D
butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

Who won this game?

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

The young Tigers looked a little rusty early on but ended up winng by 22.Another week long layoff till they play at Jackson on the 8th.Good effort, 7-0

:D :D :D
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats Tigers..........

This is an awesome team, they show alot of hustle up and down the court.
Impressive indeed. This is a team of Freshmen that play without a 6'4 Center who gets alot of varsity play. Should be fun to watch this team the next few years.

GO TIGERS............

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

That freshman class is pretty special. pleasanttiger and I were talking about them recently and they are pretty good in a lot of sports. Look for lots of good things from those kids over the next few years.

I heard that the golf team this past fall was a junior with 5 freshmen making up the top six.

Besides doing it on the field these kids are also very good in the classroom from all accounts that I hear.

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

Excellent bunch of kids.

GO TIGERS!!!

GO TIGERS!!!
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Next game is at Jackson before thr JV / Varsity game 8 Jan 5:00 pm.

What does everyone that has seen them play think of this team. This is going to be an impressive team the next few years.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Hope I can get there in time for this one. Love that all 3 teams play on the same night, but it does make it tough to get there when you work and your spouse works too.

I can tell you first hand these are a great group of kids. Had the pleasure of teaching most of them. They are something else.

Good luck and keep the wins coming.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Who is the freshman for the Tigers that plays both Frosh and JV? He lit Chillicothe up in both games. In fact in the JV game he started the second half and took over. I believe he wore #10 in the Freshman game and #20 in the JV.

Also, both Tiger teams (frosh and JV) are very good. They have a bright future.

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

hitchbone64 wrote:Who is the freshman for the Tigers that plays both Frosh and JV? He lit Chillicothe up in both games. In fact in the JV game he started the second half and took over. I believe he wore #10 in the Freshman game and #20 in the JV.

Has to be Tommy Waginger. Besides being a great athlete, you couldn't ask for a nicer young man.

GO TIGERS!!!

GO TIGERS!!!
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

gotigers wrote:
hitchbone64 wrote:Who is the freshman for the Tigers that plays both Frosh and JV? He lit Chillicothe up in both games. In fact in the JV game he started the second half and took over. I believe he wore #10 in the Freshman game and #20 in the JV.

Has to be Tommy Waginger. Besides being a great athlete, you couldn't ask for a nicer young man.

GO TIGERS!!!

That's who I was thinking of also, really good ball player.

cows and chickuns
Varsity

Post by cows and chickuns »

Tommy Waginger is #5 in Freshman ball. Another Freshman that plays up is Travis Elliott, I believe he is #42 in JV ball and #14 in Freshman.

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

cows and chickuns wrote:Tommy Waginger is #5 in Freshman ball. Another Freshman that plays up is Travis Elliott, I believe he is #42 in JV ball and #14 in Freshman.

It's not that he is #5, it's just that you can't count past 5. Big difference :lol:

GO TIGERS!!!

GO TIGERS!!!
Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Tommy is a great kid. I look for him to be getting some varsity time soon. We need some shooters and he has a great shot.

Cows you are a good kid and player too. Hope to see you guys play Tuesday. Might be close with the hubby working but will do my best to get to see some of the game.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Anyone have a roster for this group of freshman? Sounds like the future is bright for Ironton basketball.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
gotigers wrote:

GO TIGERS!!!

Tommy is the player I was thinking of. In fact, no disrespect to the Varsity players, this kid could play varsity right now and contribute.

Good luck to the Tigers. They have a nice program in waiting. And whoemever is taking shots at the varsity coach (other topics), don't know about b-ball.

GO CAVS!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

hitchbone64 wrote:
OHbuckeye1 wrote:
gotigers wrote:

GO TIGERS!!!

Tommy is the player I was thinking of. In fact, no disrespect to the Varsity players, this kid could play varsity right now and contribute.

Good luck to the Tigers. They have a nice program in waiting. And whoemever is taking shots at the varsity coach (other topics), don't know about b-ball.

GO CAVS!!!

I agree on all accounts, alot of really good young players coming up for the Tigers.

cows and chickuns
Varsity

Post by cows and chickuns »

Focused wrote:Anyone have a roster for this group of freshman? Sounds like the future is bright for Ironton basketball.

#3 Tres' Wilks
#5 Tommy Waginger
#10 Mason Weisgarber
#12 Mac Carter
#14 Travis Elliott
#21 Jonathon Williams
#30 Geoff Delawder
#32 Brad Spojarik
#42 Tanner Riley
#44 Josh Murphy
#50 TJ Young

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Thanks cows and chickuns ~ I appreciate it.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

gotigers wrote:
cows and chickuns wrote:Tommy Waginger is #5 in Freshman ball. Another Freshman that plays up is Travis Elliott, I believe he is #42 in JV ball and #14 in Freshman.

It's not that he is #5, it's just that you can't count past 5. Big difference :lol:

GO TIGERS!!!

Excuse me? Call me "stupid" or "uninformed" or "ignorant" - but what in the world does asking about or, conversely, posting/identifying the jersey/roster number with the name of the player have to do with anyone's "ability to count"?

Return to “Boys Basketball”