REDMEN FAN
Freshman Team

Rock Hill @ River Valley

Post by REDMEN FAN »

Thoughts on this one.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

imo SG gave RockHill all they wanted until late 4th!!! RV!!!

REDMEN FAN
Freshman Team

Post by REDMEN FAN »

it was a game for 1qt. The 3rd qt that was it.

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

Bring on the oven... I better load up on the sun screen this week. I might wear shorts to this one... Redmen get it going big!

repoman 111
Waterboy

Post by repoman 111 »

I have seen river vally play this year, and they are MUCH improved. until rock hill can prove that they can play together as a TEAM and go into a game and play a SOLID 4 PERIODS which they have NOT DONE so far this season then i say river valley will come out on top in this matchup..

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

REDMEN FAN wrote:it was a game for 1qt. The 3rd qt that was it.

haha, it was tied in the fourth qt. and the only reason it got to a 14 point game or what ever it ended up was beacause the rebels had to foul and take quick shots.

I say RV by 15 if they play like they did against the Oaks.

69-54

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Game was closer than the final score. Rock Hill just too big but SG did nice job on the boards for being so much smaller.

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

GO HILL!!

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Chesapeake has played both teams and I think that this should prove to be a very physical game as both teams have nice size. The common denominator thus far for both of these teams has been consistency. Whichever team puts together a solid 4 quarters will come out with the "w". Good luck to both teams!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I'm going to go with RV in an upset over an underachieving rock hill team. The redmen are more talented but for whatever reason has not put it together yet this year.

rvhs09
Waterboy

Post by rvhs09 »

RV needs a coaching change. At the game against GAHS some of RV's better players sat the bench, while 3 players who dont belong on varsity were out on the court. The result was one of the better players quitting. Why is Layton still a coach? I say this game depends all on who plays, the better players or the coaches favorites.

ChuckHayes44
Waterboy

Post by ChuckHayes44 »

Who quit?

UK Basketball #1
rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

Who shouldnt be playing? If anyone has problems with the coaches say it to them, dont hide on here.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I can tell you one thing that Rv was the most improved team from the beginning of the year to the end that Fairland played last year and to me that is a mark of a good coach.

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

I agree Bucking Red, RV is much improved this year. OVC teams better be ready, cause RV could play spoiler on any given night.

rvhs09
Waterboy

Post by rvhs09 »

RV also needs to learn that there are other shots besides the 3 pointer. They take and miss way to many 3 point shots. And I know that I don't see what goes on in practice, but I also know that Layton has always had his favorites. I've seen him coach for several years and he always has a few boys on his team that dont deserve as much playing time as they get.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

i know who quit......... HE was a good ROLE player and thats it nothing more. in 3 games ive been to rv has several role players doing there part.

any coach will tell you they do have favorites...... those that work hard in practice, accept coaching and do anything they can to make the team better.

dont knock the players or coaches that are still there working.
Last edited by theassassin on Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GATOR BAIT
Riding the Bench

Post by GATOR BAIT »

If you want to know all their stats except for the southern game go to http://www.maxpreps.com for all the team stats and personal stats. Its got it all broken down 2s 3s ft reb. you name it its got it. Just for future reference if you don't make it to all the games it gets updated regularly. I think all the teams should participate just for the personal exposure for the kids to create recruiting profiles. Yeah people say well people can scout you what makes the difference if you scout over the net or in person if you know how to scout its the same result. Its the same as reading the paper and following box scores but more accurate. All in all its great for the kids for the exposure.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

looks like RV is falling on hard times at the half way point in the season! Hate to see it. . .is anyone going to say who quit?

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

I know who quit :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”