Ports West AT Wheelersburg Jan 4th

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Ports West AT Wheelersburg Jan 4th

Post by Mad-Dogg »

lets get thought of this game. burg is comin into the game comin off a great win over the 3 time defending 3A state champion highlanders of huntington i'm gonna say burg by 15.

side note. burg has 2 games in 2 nights

calpreps:

at Portsmouth West (West Portsmouth, OH)
Wheelersburg (OH) 60, Portsmouth West (West Portsmouth, OH) 42

at Wheelersburg (OH)
Wheelersburg (OH) 62, Portsmouth West (West Portsmouth, OH) 40

at neutral site
Wheelersburg (OH) 61, Portsmouth West (West Portsmouth, OH) 41

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

i think west will hang for a while and keep it closer then what people think.

GO SIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Once again, the team that scores the most will win. :-D

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Well I have not seen Burg play let this season..But from what I been reading and hearing they have a great team...Hope West can play with them.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

triplett still coaching :?: he is atleast throwing up gahs points in ballgames :lol:

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

West brought two coaches in from Ironton

Charlie Kitchen and Greg Arden

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:West brought two coaches in from Ironton

Charlie Kitchen and Greg Arden

I thought the article in the Daily Times said that was false and that Triplett was coaching the team. Can someone please get this right!!!

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

alabama mike wrote:Once again, the team that scores the most will win. :-D

i can guarentee one thing. it will be a the team in orange and black

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Pirates show us that even in 08 when you come calling to Wheelersburg "the Burg IS the Word" ... my Ouija Board says take WHS by 10+ ...

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

i know for a fact that they brought Charlie Kitchen and Greg Arden b/c i go to every West game.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:i know for a fact that they brought Charlie Kitchen and Greg Arden b/c i go to every West game.

Takes TWO Ironton guys to replace Triplett ?? :roll: :roll: :lol:

Home of the Atlanta Falcons.
Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Tripplet is still there

SportsFiend
Riding the Bench

Post by SportsFiend »

The word I hear is that Triplett isn't coaching anything. He shows up occasionally and gets the supplemental money while others do the work. This from many who attend and work there. Never heard of a more political quagmire and there are plenty to pick from around here. No wonder the head coach and his replacement both walked away already. :roll:

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

You know, it looks like the administration would step up and provide some sort of consistency and stability to the athletic programs at West. It is no wonder they are struggling to perform consistently. These young athletes need some sort of structure and they are not getting it by changing the coaching staff every few years. Until this changes West will continue their roller coaster ride.

The only exception I can think of is softball. Coach has been there for sometime now and they are highly competitive year in and year out.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

BUrg 70-48

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

SportsFiend wrote:The word I hear is that Triplett isn't coaching anything. He shows up occasionally and gets the supplemental money while others do the work. This from many who attend and work there. Never heard of a more political quagmire and there are plenty to pick from around here. No wonder the head coach and his replacement both walked away already. :roll:

Here we go with a whipping up on someone who was willing to help AFTER the coaches walked away on these kids............Triplett, Arden and Kitchen are at every practice. Sounds like sour grapes!!!! Triplett does not want that job, he is simply helping because they asked him in a time of great need and the kids want him there. Better get your facts correct before you post bull crap like that on here buddy. You wouldn't know about supplementary money now would ya? This is a perfect example of someone making up lies period. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SportsFiend
Riding the Bench

Post by SportsFiend »

black76 wrote:
SportsFiend wrote:The word I hear is that Triplett isn't coaching anything. He shows up occasionally and gets the supplemental money while others do the work. This from many who attend and work there. Never heard of a more political quagmire and there are plenty to pick from around here. No wonder the head coach and his replacement both walked away already. :roll:

Here we go with a whipping up on someone who was willing to help AFTER the coaches walked away on these kids............Triplett, Arden and Kitchen are at every practice. Sounds like sour grapes!!!! Triplett does not want that job, he is simply helping because they asked him in a time of great need and the kids want him there. Better get your facts correct before you post bull crap like that on here buddy. You wouldn't know about supplementary money now would ya? This is a perfect example of someone making up lies period. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bitter much? What would make you think that I wouldn't know about supplemental money? And I'm pretty sure my post told you where I heard the information. Try a little reading comprehension skills next time.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Reading comprehension? :lol: Now that's funny! You have your facts wrong and it is a shame that you get on here and post that garbage. This is about kids getting to play basketball, not egos. Leave yours at the door. If it wasn't for Triplett, the first two games after the coach quit would have been canceled, but the kids got to play and the KIDS won those two games! Good for them! Now unless you are a coach in that program right now you have no idea how the supplemental money is distributed so please refrain from acting like you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D In the meantime, good luck to the kids, that is what this is about!

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

By the way, how's the 8th grade boys team doing?

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

black76 wrote:Reading comprehension? :lol: Now that's funny! You have your facts wrong and it is a shame that you get on here and post that garbage. This is about kids getting to play basketball, not egos. Leave yours at the door. If it wasn't for Triplett, the first two games after the coach quit would have been canceled, but the kids got to play and the KIDS won those two games! Good for them! Now unless you are a coach in that program right now you have no idea how the supplemental money is distributed so please refrain from acting like you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D In the meantime, good luck to the kids, that is what this is about!

I agree, Good Luck Senators!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”