u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Best Student Sections In The Area

Post by u_kno_me »

Who has the best student secion??

casebolt101
Waterboy

Post by casebolt101 »

Student sections I believe are in a decline the past few years from what I've experienced, but If I can reflect back to the late 80's early 90's and the "PIT" @ Zane Trace could have been the Cameron Crazies of today.

O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

Casebolt101 Brings up a true statement reguarding student sections of today. In the southeast part of the state there just not like they used to be. The ZT pit crew was unbelievible in the late 80s early 90s.And the korky's Raider's were some of the best there was.Gooooooo! go go go go! you who were there no what I mean.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Zanesville so far wins hands down ... those guys and gals are good ...

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

pfloyd wrote:Zanesville so far wins hands down ... those guys and gals are good ...

If they are anything like last year I would agree with you.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Out of the TVC, Belpre has always had a pretty good student section.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I've been to 3 home games for Wheelersburg this year and they seem to have the student section rocking again like it used to years ago. They really get into the game with chants, cheers, and some good natured ribbing. They are a rowdy bunch, but not to the point of getting out of hand, which is how it should be.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

In the OVC, South Point has got to be the best, hands down. SP students are like the way BURG grad described. Good natured ribbing , chants and cheers. Good stuff from a bunch of great kids. GO POINTERS!!

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

My vote goes to Alexander or Belpre. . . . Alexander has the bleachers behing the basket, could get in a shooters head.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Zanesville, though at times, I understand they can go over the top (or at least close to it). They support their team like no other.

I dread what we will hear when the Cavaliers roll into town later this season. We got them on two neutral courts last year. Our crowd hung with them, but the Skits Zanesville has are off the hook.

GO CAVS!!!

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Yep, I'd put our kids up against anyone's, though there are times I get a little edgy over their "stuff." Administration does a pretty good job keeping them in line, though.

There are times I have to make sure my microphone is off because I'm laughing at them. It's easy to do -- one of 'em is mine.

hitch ... I figure they'll have a really good theme for the 25th. ;-)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Zville was good AT Jackson!

I left the game singing "I Want It That Way"....lol

The majority was good....Jackson's crowd was doing little...I could've done without the 2-7 chant. We don't need kicked while we're down.

Enjoyed the Zville Alma Mater as well.

PointerFan02
Freshman Team

Post by PointerFan02 »

South Point has developed a good student section in recent years. And I thought Fairland's student section was awesome tonight at the SP - Fairland game, but I don't know if they have that on a consistent basis.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Not sure what you mean about the "2-7" chant? Is that the record now, or something (I don't pay much attention to records, to be honest)?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Ironman92 wrote:Zville was good AT Jackson!

I left the game singing "I Want It That Way"....lol

Ironman92, You have me lol.... That was a classic. When watching the Blue Devils it is easy to sing that. State Champion, periennial winner and great following.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah we were 2-7 and the previus attempts by Jackson kids gave no ammo to the pitiful record chant...other than that it was all good to me anyways.

They are 16-18 year old kids that traveled 110 miles.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Like I said, sometimes they make me cringe, too. I'm sure they'll hear it from the admin folks this week.

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

I've seen 5 SOC2 teams at home this year, and thought that Burg and Northwest both had excellent student sections. I've yet to see Valley, Webster, or West at home.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point looked good for an away game. Too bad I couldn't see them from the front. Love the body paint and G Baby really got the crowd going when the "tumbleleaders" were tumbling instead of getting the crowd into it! Fairland had a lot of kids there but lacked the body paint and wild hair. Fairland also had some "interesting" dance team thing going at halftime! :oops:

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

i think the mohawk maniacs @ northwest is one of the best around i havent seen zanesville or chillicothes

Return to “Boys Basketball”