Vinton County @ Wellston

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Vinton County @ Wellston

Post by freakintheseat »

Has this been started yet? Well, here we go! :lol:
Even without the entire team healthy (but I hope they are), the Vikes will take this one. I hope Ethan Allen eats his Wheaties again!!

Vikes 88
Rockets 53

Go Vikes! :twisted:

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

There is no possible way Wellston can contend with Vinton County, even with the game being played in Wellston. Too many weapons for VC, too many shortcomings for Wellston.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Striker.....welcome aboard....

Ever been in the cockpit of an airplane? Ever seen a grown man naked? Ever been in a Turkish prison? :lol:

Although Wellston doesn't have near the athleticism of VC, they have improved since the beginning of the season and they're starting to shoot the long ball better. That being said, though, VC's "younger" players will probably see a good bit of playing time.

Best of luck to both teams

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

VC bigggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!
TY: If wellston is shooting the longball better :? what was up with the score in last nights game?(miller)
Pretty ugly to me.It won't get easier for the rockets come friday either.
Good luck both teams, stay healthy!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

FrankieG wrote:TY: If wellston is shooting the longball better :? what was up with the score in last nights game?(miller)

I'm just trying to put a positive spin on the game. "Better" is a relative term.

Speaking of "healthy"....are your "little ones" back to normal? I know it is the cold & flu season...... ;-)

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

Ty, I don't know if you would call it "normal", but last night they ate enough taco's to feed the population of Cambodia! :lol:
They are feeling much better, thank you.

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

Thanks Ty and I will yield my answers to those questions! :lol:
Even if Wellston has improved, I'll stick with Vinton County. Wellston's program is in serious turmoil, and to be quite honest, I don't see them getting better in the near future. Vinton County, on the other hand, has established a premier program and will continue to succeed for many years to come.
My prediction is:

Wellston 43
Vinton 80

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Striker...Striker...........Striker :shock:

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

This game will not be close. VC will dominate in all arenas. Too big underneath(Guthrie and Prater). And WAY too much fire power on the outside. Look for the Super Sophs (Aka lil Guthrie, Grillo and Allen) to have HUGE games in this one.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Guthrie will have another double double.....in the first half!! VC by 20

VC 74
Wellston 54

BleedThePurple96
Waterboy

Post by BleedThePurple96 »

If I remember correctly, VC came into Wellston last year with an undefeated record and only won by about 10. The game was tied at halftime and close in the early fourth. So, with that, you never know. I do know that this will be hard faught and played with a lot of heart and emotion.

Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

Post by Senator Tressel »

I doubt wellston puts 50 points up on vc unless the starters are pulled after the first quater. i look for the the reserves to get plenty of pt in this one. VC by as many or as little as they want.

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

You're absolutely right Bleedthepurple, Vinton County vs. Wellston is always a hard fought game regardless of records.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

gotta go with VC easily in this one..starters should get a little rest tonight

Vinton 78
Wellston 55

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

The Vikes are playing great "D", and expect it to continue.
This is a different team from last year. They seem to be on a mission since the loss.
Great defense and good offense against the lack of both, dont have to be a rocket-scientist to figure out this one! :idea: Vikes huge!
GO VKES

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Someone mentioned the blue and gold Wellston. To me it looks like blue and yellow. Emphasis on the yellow. LOL

Vikings as BIG in this one as they want to be. Coach will probably make plenty of PT available to his younger guys.

They have absolutely no one to handle Guthrie and his moves inside. The Rockets can only hope that the VC shooters are missing outside in this one.

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

Game day!! Let's go Vikes! :twisted:

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

What time does the game start? any chance it will be covered by one of the radio stations?

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

beleagle05 wrote:gotta go with VC easily in this one..starters should get a little rest tonight

Vinton 78
Wellston 55

Maybe Derrow will press the reserves when Combs puts them in and make it close :!: ;-)

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

Bassmaster wrote:
beleagle05 wrote:gotta go with VC easily in this one..starters should get a little rest tonight

Vinton 78
Wellston 55

Maybe Derrow will press the reserves when Combs puts them in and make it close :!: ;-)

Bassmaster, I believe you are one of the people bashing the VC fans for not letting this go, so go back to the other thread and let it go!

Return to “Boys Basketball”