Piketon @ Zane Trace

mikepike
All State

Piketon @ Zane Trace

Post by mikepike »

The Red Streaks started the second round of SVC play with a solid 64-38 win over Unioto. Next are the Pioneers, whom the Streaks defeated by 5 earlier in the season. The Pioneers, I believe, are on a roll, and last week knocked off previously undefeated Huntington. I expect a tough, physical battle, with hopefully no knockouts (intentional or otherwise.) I hope for a victory by the Streaks, but it will take a total team effort. Cody Smith played thru some pain Friday, Coty Breitenbach played like a beast inside against a much taller man, Keenan Brush came off the bench to grab some timely rebounds and alter a few shots, Kenny Helton with a couple of big shots, Chad Daniels with some tough man-to-man defense. All of the bench players seem to be fulfilling their roles, and would like to see more of the same against ZT. It won't be easy, but Go Streaks!

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

I think the SE game really woke the streaks up! It dosent matter who you play, any body can win on any night! And right now Piketon is coming together as a team and are playing some pretty good defense, just as Coach Legg taught them!

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

With how Piketon played the last 18 minutes of the game against Unioto, I'd take them over anybody right now...if they can keep that up for 32 minutes.

Zane Trace is 6-6 overall, but 5-0 at home, coming off a huge win over Huntington. This should be a very good game, but I see Piketon escaping with a win to stay in the SVC race!

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

piketon has a lot to look forward to in the next couple years.....with the 6th and 5th grade all star teams..
when they all get together and can bond with one another...watch out svc
and with the talent piketon returns next year it should be fun to watch....also heard that they might be playin in the scholastic play by play next yr so big things to come for piketon in a couple years

but look for piketon to win this game....it will come down to free throws...piketon wins 54-50

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Pikeotn does have a lot coming in the next 3-5 years! But im sure coach liseth is living in the now. Im sure they are trying to put a whole game together. And if they do, they will be a tough team to beat!

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... is this one being played Tuesday night the 15th? AT Zane Trace?

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

I believe it's friday.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It is Friday.

Zane Trace hosts McClain on Tuesday, so they might not be undefeated at home for long.

BuckeyeGuy38
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeGuy38 »

danicalifornia...ill agree with u on that one Zt will have to play a very good game tomarrow to stay unbeaten at home....but they might be able to escape with a win

as for the piketon game the first game @ piketon Zt was up around 11 when the incident happened...which sparked the player and the crowd to get into the ball game both teams are playin extemely good basketball right now so it seems to be a good one ill be there!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

BuckeyeGuy- I forgot all about the incident. That could still be a spark for Piketon, especially for Brush. He played very well against Unioto on Friday and I could see him having a big impact in this game.

I could definetly see them beating McClain, McClain doesn't score a ton either, so look for a low scoring game. Now, since I said that, it will end up in the 60's, LOL.

BuckeyeGuy38
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeGuy38 »

dani.....is the freshmans last name brush or bush?
and i agree with u that it will most likely be a low scoring game but like u said it will probably be in the 60's now lol(refering to the mcclain game)

yeah i agree tho that it still could be an effect on that team hopefully nothing like that happens again their is already bad blood between them they dont need any more!!

but i think Zt escapes with a win over piketon...63-59

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Brush.

hammer755
Waterboy

Post by hammer755 »

just because you are good in biddy ball does not mean you will be great at the varsity level. a lot of things can happen in the next 5-6 yrs. i know a team that was undefeated in 6th 7th and eigth gr ball and never made it out of the sectional tournament in their junior or senior years.

REDSTREAKFAN
Waterboy

Post by REDSTREAKFAN »

This should be a great matchup...Piketon will be ready for this one, I promise! Don't forget that the next night, Saturday, Piketon will go to Ironton, as well! This upcoming week has been circled since early summer as THE WEEK...Zane Trace, Ironton, Huntington, and Columbus Mifflin all within an 8 day turnaround. This schedule should get them ready for the tourney most importantly...If they get the W's, then it will definitely put Redstreak nation on the radar!!!

Can't wait!!!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

On Tuesday night, Zane Trace loses to Greenfield McClain at home 51-40 as they trailed by 17 at the half.

Zane Trace is now 6-7 overall.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Piketon has to establish the inside game in order to win this one. I think they are stronger and have a height advantage, and need to use these to their advantage. Use the 3-pointer as the proverbial nail in the coffin.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace 55 (7-7)
Piketon 51 (9-4)

Return to “Boys Basketball”