Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

Vinton County 103 Nelsonville York 48

Post by Senator Tressel »

Gutherie 25 pts 9 boards

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

9 boards are a little low for him isn't it? what does that leave him 15 pts until 1000 mark?

ball hound
Freshman Team

Re: Vinton County 103 Nelsonville York 48

Post by ball hound »

Senator Tressel wrote:Gutherie 25 pts 9 boards

He had 10 boards

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

akwhitewater wrote:9 boards are a little low for him isn't it? what does that leave him 15 pts until 1000 mark?

He only played about 2 minutes in the 3rd, I don't think he played at all in the 4th

Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

he did have 10 boards was going off what the comentaters said during the game. Gutherie 25 pts 10 boards, stewart 21 pts, eberts 15, prater 14, dill gutherie 12, for NY Barrick 11, mitchell 9, arnold 7.

Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

The radio said he needed 41 pts to make 1000 but hawkeye says 40 pts. either way i think he can score that many before the season is over.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

I think this game could have been closer but NY was probably overlooking the Vikings in anticipation of tomorrow's game vs Athens.

Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

G.W. i think you are rite but this a basketball fofum not football.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

G W McLintock wrote:I think this game could have been closer but NY was probably overlooking the Vikings in anticipation of tomorrow's game vs Athens.

It was close in first quarter. NY hit on about their first eight shots or so (3 treys). Lead by 5 early, I think VC up 25-21 or about at end of first. Then it was katie-bar-the-door, here come the Vikings; it was over at the half.

GO VIKES

mcmanisphoto
Waterboy

Post by mcmanisphoto »

Photos of the VC vs Nelsonville game are now available online. Includes Freshmen, Junior Varsity and Varsity

http://www.mcmanisphotography.com

Click Basketball link then click on VC vs Nelsonville

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

I heard on the radio that NY's starters played the 1st quarter and the reserves played the 2nd quarter. Is that correct?

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

G W McLintock wrote:I heard on the radio that NY's starters played the 1st quarter and the reserves played the 2nd quarter. Is that correct?

Your being coy, right? Starters played most of the game for NY.
VC had some reserves come in the 2nd quarter.

GO VIKES

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Just relaying what "Ken" from McArthur said on the call in show. It really makes no difference to me. I just thought it was an interesting strategy by the NY coach to save legs for the Athens game. Sorry if I touched a nerve.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

G W McLintock wrote:Just relaying what "Ken" from McArthur said on the call in show. It really makes no difference to me. I just thought it was an interesting strategy by the NY coach to save legs for the Athens game. Sorry if I touched a nerve.

No you didn't, just relaying what I saw.
NY may of mixed it some, but they didn't play just reserves; maybe later.
It's cool.
NY lit it up early, hope they play like that today.
Go to the website http://www.thetelegramnews.com click sports and see the awesome picture of Dut Guthrie in action!

GO VIKES

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

GW

Coach Kline did substitute a lot last night. I assume it was due to an early game today.

Army
S

Post by Army »

WOW............ :!: :shock:

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

wow. 103? are you kidding me? lol

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Sending a message? 103 and starters only played a couple minutes into the second half? Look out SE district looks loke a those miles combs miller and the team logged this summer is starting to pay off.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Every Viking played extremely well last night, all but two scored and they were starters. And I thought Coach Combs did a great job of substituting in the second half. Guthrie, Grillo, Stewart and Eberts I know for certain did not played more than 6 minutes in the second half.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

First of all let me say that VC is very impressive. They are well-coached at all three levels. Their players also handled themselves quite well.

Also, it was obvious that Coach Kline knew he had no chance of winning, so he substituted liberally for a chance to win against Athens (NY won). However, he did not totally sub. Both teams, until very late, played a lot of a JV/starter mix. I think Combs was thinking ahead and felt if in foul trouble, some of those subs may have to play with the starters.

Finally, NY definitely contributed to VC scoring 103. VC can shoot the lights out, but NY was firing up shots in the 2nd half like they had a 5 second shot clock.

VC will run away with the TVC. I hope they make a run in the tournament, but these TVC teams aren't pushing them. It's too bad they don't play FH this year, and hopefully Waterford can give them some struggles to work through.

*btw GW, did you hear on the radio that Waterford had 2 tough games left against Fort Frye and Vinton County? Guess those Waterford folks have a short memory. :-D

Return to “Boys Basketball”