Chillicothe 67 - Warren 32

Bronc21
All Conference

Chillicothe 67 - Warren 32

Post by Bronc21 »

chilli wins this one easy. its a shame warren plays football on a basketball court.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wow- a sore winner

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

whatever......

Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

Post by Senator Tressel »

warren has always played physical basketball as long as i can remember. i think its good to play a team like that it could help down the road.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Chilli jv's also won

jottings
SEOPS H

Reserve score?

Post by jottings »

What was the reserve score?

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

not sure exactly, but it was something like 44-43.... 42-41?

Army
S

Post by Army »

The reserve game was 42-41 Chillicothe winning it. :-D

I agree about Warren Locals Team playing physical...they are a good ball club. I believe if Chillicothe or Zanesville was not in this League, they would win it hands down in B-Ball.

I thought I had seen it all but at tonights game the Warren coach was going off on the ref over a missed call. I think Seth Dawes walked with the ball a tad, while putting it back in the bucket. Myself and my son was setting on the front row. Chilli got the ball back and was getting ready to get the ball from the ref, and he turned around and said the Warren Coach was going off on the other ref over there wasn't he. And we all started laughing and said yeah...almost came close to being called a T. Then the ref smiled at us and looked up then back at us and said, "the ref is Warrens Locals Head Coaches brother." Everybody just looked at each other. At the start of the game, there were several missed calls, we all said wow that's a first...no wonder that guy did not make the holding and pushing calls underneath. :-D

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Tough physical game at the "Hat" tonight. I actually felt Warren was much more physical in this game. And one particular ref allowed some of it. Both coaches were giving him an earful, but the Warren coach went balistic. I am glad to see the kids keep their composure in spite of busted lips, ice on elbows and knees.

As for the game, Warren was a tough out. They played a methodical, almost one-on-one type offense that tried to either slow down the Cavs or they really felt they could beat us to the hoop. As the score attest, we shut them down after the first quarter.

Four kids end up in double figures lead by Chambers and Humpty. Beverly and Dawes also hit double figures. Chambers lead us on the boards, with Dawes right behind him. Knights had a nice floor game and hit a few nice jump shots tonight. That opens up even more for the Cavs.

Overall, a business like effort for a team on a mission. Over this 6 game stretch (finish up tomorrow) in 12 days, the Cavs have really held serve. Obviously the big test is tomorrow. However, tonight I felt the Cavs beat probably the third best team in the league (that I have seen).

Our defense is simply outstanding. The D won the game for us and will be crucial as we head down the stretch. Warren scored (I believe) 13 in the 1st qtr as the Cavs seemed caught off guard. Warren also started the second qtr and got some easy buckets. I believe from the middle of the second qtr to the end of game, we held Warren to 14 points, while outscoring them by 30 over that time frame.

In closing, once again I was disappointed in the crowd tonight. The ones there are awesome, but people in the community are missing something special. To watch this team play defense is worth the price of admission. As was last year, many will jump on the bandwagon as we get to tourney time, but these kids deserve a sold out "HAT" everytime they walk on the floor. It was also good to see Cavaliver legend Mark Bayless recognized during the game, as the CBBC and Duff bring back the stars of yesteryear.

GO CAVS!!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Army wrote:The reserve game was 42-41 Chillicothe winning it. :-D

I agree about Warren Locals Team playing physical...they are a good ball club. I believe if Chillicothe or Zanesville was not in this League, they would win it hands down in B-Ball.

I thought I had seen it all but at tonights game the Warren coach was going off on the ref over a missed call. I think Seth Dawes walked with the ball a tad, while putting it back in the bucket. Myself and my son was setting on the front row. Chilli got the ball back and was getting ready to get the ball from the ref, and he turned around and said the Warren Coach was going off on the other ref over there wasn't he. And we all started laughing and said yeah...almost came close to being called a T. Then the ref smiled at us and looked up then back at us and said, "the ref is Warrens Locals Head Coaches brother." Everybody just looked at each other. At the start of the game, there were several missed calls, we all said wow that's a first...no wonder that guy did not make the holding and pushing calls underneath. :-D

Army,

If that ref is his brother, then I will complain. I watched the guy all night and he was terrible. I doubt the way they were arguing, that they were brothers, but then again. Any other coach, sain Bobby Knight would have got a T. I even told his partner (who engaged with some banter with me), that the guy was bad. When a player blatantly grabs a players jersey and yanks it out while he is looking, you wonder. Humpty questioned him about it (as he and everybody in the gym saw it) and he gave Hump a hard time. I am just glad it was not a close game or that nobody got seriously hurt.

Go figure....GO CAVS!!!

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

what irks me about chilli fans not coming to support them during the season.. then BOOM, tourney time, they come out of the woodwork. making those of us who DO go to the games, stressed wondering if we'll even get a ticket. i had to use vacation time last year to get off early to get my families tourney tickets. and you get to the game and see people showing up that HAVENT supported the cavs 1 bit during the season. and here we are again this year, pretty darn good and still not sold out. just burns my butt this darn town cant support these kids!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

^^^^^^

AMEN!!!

GO CAVS!!!

hoopball
Waterboy

Post by hoopball »

The radio was not clear .. which Warren player was hurt and left the game..and injured others? It sounded like from the radio this was a very physical game .. and Call did not play at all ?

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Only Warren player that left the game "hurt" was the kid who rolled his ankle. Physical game, but you have those. Chilly's kids played through it. Flashback here... reminded me ALOT of the early scrimmage they had with Centerville, same type of club without a 6'9" guy in the middle. Chilly has grown up alot since then and did not let Warren's style of play get in their heads... just kept playing. Hands down, the scrimmage area defense from about the middle of the 2nd quarter on won this game for the Cavs. Chilly will need a 4 quarter effort tonight, and likely, with the minutes logged by the starters last night, great contribution off the bench. Go Cavs!!!

Calling it like it is...
warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

My goodness, what a bunch of whining from the Chilli fans, and you guys won! Warren is physical, yes, but no more so than Chilli (or Zville). Your team basically defends the point by bumping and/or trapping and bumping as soon as the ball crosses the mid-court. Warren had two over and back calls (the first that I've seen this year) where the Chilli defender literally bumped the player across the mid-court line. Tell me you didn't see the last one where the player literally extended both arms, put both hands on the Warren player and shoved him across the center line. Chilli gave as much contact as they got last night.

For all that, I thought it was a fairly called game. Chilli is a great team. Sheesh.

As for the game, Warren did a great job hanging around in the first half without leading scorer/post man Craig Call in the game. The game was back and forth well in to the 2nd quarter and was certainly not out of reach into the third. The player that went down was Cory Hooper. He had done a fantastic job guarding Hitchens and getting the ball up the court against the physical Chilli defense (and press). When Cory went out of the game Chilli was really able to extend the floor and Hitchens started to roll offensively. Late in the third and throughout the 4th quarter Maddox rotated a bunch. The game was not as bad as the score. Chilli rolled up a bunch of points with starters in the game well into the 4th quarter when Maddox was playing the bench.

JV game was more of the same. It's tough for them to get in synch these days. Chilli brought down a couple Juniors, but one Junior (#40) was the difference in that game. He played well.

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

I am impressed with Warrens team. I think they have an excellent coach and I definately think they are the 3rd best team in the league. I also think they can make a run in the tourney.

This Chilli team was just too much for them. The Cavs defense smothered Warren in the 2nd half. When you only give up 10 points in the 2nd half, what does that say?

Chilli used the same players in both the Varisity and Reserve games. If a couple juniors played in the reserve game its probably because the Varsity is loaded. I do know that No Varsity players were moved down. It had to be the same as always.

The # 5 Cavs face # 1 Dayton Dunbar tonight @ Wellston.

Go Cavs!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

warrnwarriorfan wrote:My goodness, what a bunch of whining from the Chilli fans, and you guys won! Warren is physical, yes, but no more so than Chilli (or Zville). Your team basically defends the point by bumping and/or trapping and bumping as soon as the ball crosses the mid-court. Warren had two over and back calls (the first that I've seen this year) where the Chilli defender literally bumped the player across the mid-court line. Tell me you didn't see the last one where the player literally extended both arms, put both hands on the Warren player and shoved him across the center line. Chilli gave as much contact as they got last night.

For all that, I thought it was a fairly called game. Chilli is a great team. Sheesh.

As for the game, Warren did a great job hanging around in the first half without leading scorer/post man Craig Call in the game. The game was back and forth well in to the 2nd quarter and was certainly not out of reach into the third. The player that went down was Cory Hooper. He had done a fantastic job guarding Hitchens and getting the ball up the court against the physical Chilli defense (and press). When Cory went out of the game Chilli was really able to extend the floor and Hitchens started to roll offensively. Late in the third and throughout the 4th quarter Maddox rotated a bunch. The game was not as bad as the score. Chilli rolled up a bunch of points with starters in the game well into the 4th quarter when Maddox was playing the bench.

JV game was more of the same. It's tough for them to get in synch these days. Chilli brought down a couple Juniors, but one Junior (#40) was the difference in that game. He played well.

warriorfan, My gripe was not with Warren but with how the officials called the game. I agree with you on the over and backs. Warren is a very good team and unfortunately your big guy was not able to play. I will stay off the officials this morning, but I just hope all these officiating crews work on their consistency. You have one guy calling nothing and another calling everything (on both teams). The fouls were 13-13, but there were some serious contact out there. One one other note, you may not have noticed, but we substitute liberally, our #6-9 guys. They play almost as many minutes as our starters in many games. Our last 5 came in with about 5 minutes to go in the 4th. Effectively the game was over when we held you guys to 5 in the 3rd (before the 1/2 court buzzer beater). Good luck the rest of the way and in the tourney. You guys have a very solid team.

GO CAVS!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

I agree Hitchbone64 :!:

I say if Chillicothe or Zanesville wasn't in the SEOAL.....Warren Local runs away with this league in Basketball hands down. They are a very good and physical team.

GO CAVS tonight against Dayton Dunbar :!:

Return to “Boys Basketball”