CHILLY 59 <> ZANESVILLE 58 - FINAL OT - WOW!

4sporterEHS
SEOP

CHILLY 59 <> ZANESVILLE 58 - FINAL OT - WOW!

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Will this be a good game or what!
Last edited by 4sporterEHS on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

From the Huddle...

I too have seen both teams. ZV is slow and methodical, well coached but is really one dimensional with the Aronholt kid. Their ball handlers are average at best. Chillicothe's defensive pressure is non-stop in-your-face and frustrates teams into making many mistakes. Home court obviously favors ZV and unfortunately you can never discount some bonehead officiating to turn the the tide but all things being equal if Chilly hits their Free Throws (they are terrible at the line) they will win by 15-20. No Joke about that defense, wow!

This has to be the most ignorant post i have ever read.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I see Chillicothe with the edge in this one.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

how is it ignorant philo? chilli shot only 3-22 at the ft line and still won. should have won by plus 20....yep, zville gets a HOME game and that is a major advantage (officiating wise, so ive been told). but at least chilli WONT cancell out and not show up. and remember, zville has to come to chilli 2 weeks later, unless flurries cancel that one.....hahaha

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

zanes

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Bronc, Any comment that states that Zanes is methodical and slow is a total misconception of the truth! I have followed both teams all year and "actually" witnessed both team in person on more than a couple of occasions. Zanes is more athletic and much taller than last year. They have a much different type of team. Anyone that doesn't acknowledge that these two teams are very good just haven't seen much BB. I think if you ask a very quick and athletic Warren harding team if Z-ville is slow they might disagree. Last year was last year, You can argue til the ole cows come home what the score "should've" been. In the Tourney game Z-ville scores 4 points in the 3 qter after being up by 8 at the half. "Could've been a double diget win for Z-ville, "But" it wasn't!!! It'll be an atmosphere that both teams will relish to play in...Absloutely electric! Z-ville is not real deep off the bench, Chillicothe will have that edge. It all comes down to Rebounding, Turnovers and foul trouble! I will tell all Chillicothe fans this....This is a much "different" team than last year. It's going to be a "great" game... I just hope for a little Civility on the web sites....BTW, Forecast for friday....Sunny and Cold!

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

bronc21 wrote:how is it ignorant philo? chilli shot only 3-22 at the ft line and still won. should have won by plus 20....yep, zville gets a HOME game and that is a major advantage (officiating wise, so ive been told). but at least chilli WONT cancell out and not show up. and remember, zville has to come to chilli 2 weeks later, unless flurries cancel that one.....hahaha

I love how on this site & on the Huddle people stating that if Zanesville wins it's because Chillicothie got "homered". Also, how is it ignorant? Read the first 2 sentences. Zanesville a One Dimensional team with AVERAGE ball handlers? Apparently average ball handlers can get a full scholarship to play point guard in college.

Also like Breeze said, that was last year. News flash, this is a NEW YEAR. Zanesville lost 3 starters off of that team & got better & bigger & stronger. A 2 time All Ohioian, your best defensive player & a big man that can play inside & out, thats hard to do for most programs. Zanesville got better in 2 of those 3 positions to imo & stayed the same in the other.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Any way you all put it.....it's going to be a great game :!:

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

wish i could see this game. It will be a great atmosphere.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Chilly is 10 points better...but on the road it'll be tight I'd say.

Still going with Chilly

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Whatever happens, I am sure there will be a rematch on the day of champions in Chilli. I thought at first zanesville might have the edge but the more I think about the Cavs defensive and ball handling skills I change my mind. This should be a good one, but to say the officials stink already is a bit much even for someone like me who think most officials are bad before they get started.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Let's see :

Bad official's
Bad weather
Bad foul shooting
and it's only monday....

chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

GO CAVS!!! BEAT THE DEVILS!

5yrdpnlty
Waterboy

Post by 5yrdpnlty »

I have seen both play and must say both are very good. I will give the edge to Chilly. Hitchins will be the dominating factor in this game.

thefan
Waterboy

Post by thefan »

This should be a very good game. No predictions here, just looking for a well played, well officiated contest and no whining from either fan base. Zanesville is definately looking forward to this game and I hope that Chilly does not suffer a let down from the big win over Dunbar. IMO Chilly may be the more talented team but Zanesville on it's home court is a load to handle as well. Good luck to both squads, looking forward to seeing a good one.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... for the 2nd year in a row THIS match-up is THE MATCH-UP in Southern/Southeastern Ohio ... can't get any better than this in HS hoops ... Zanesville THE PROGRAM top to bottom to model since Coach Aronhalt took the reigns ...Chillicothe THE TEAM that has kept THE PROGRAM from picking up what was thought "a given" in the SEOAL - a Zanesville league title should they get in the league ... going to be a dandy and it's ONLY Round #1 !!! Round 2 on the DOC Feb. 9th at Chillicothe WILL be packed with more than Cavs/Devils fans to see that one ...

... take Chillicothe in Round #1 ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

pfloyd wrote:... for the 2nd year in a row THIS match-up is THE MATCH-UP in Southern/Southeastern Ohio ... can get any better than this in HS hoops ... Zanesville THE PROGRAM top to bottom to model since Coach Aronhalt took the reigns ...Chillicothe THE TEAM that has kept THE PROGRAM from picking up what was thought "a given" in the SEOAL - a Zanesville league title should they get in the league ... going to be a dandy and it's ONLY Round #1 !!! Round 2 on the DOC Feb. 9th at Chillicothe WILL be packed with more than Cavs/Devils fans to see that one ...

... take Chillicothe in Round #1 ...

Great Post :!: :-D

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Zanes/Chilli

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Chillicothe's more talented? Wow!
Aronhalt
Ced harris
Andre Harris
Pratti
Centers
Not sure about a more talented Starting 5....Chillicothe does have more dept!

ibleedblue24
Waterboy

Post by ibleedblue24 »

should be a great game...i think chilli has the slight advantage coming off a big win over dunbar...should be a shootout with both teams having an explosive offense....will be a fun one to watch...

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Sounds like it is going to be a good one!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

tropical- Chillicothe has a more talented starting 5, but if it was a starting 4, then maybe Zanesville would have an advantage.

Aronhalt better not play with the defensive effort that he played with against Warren Harding or they'll get beaten badly.

Return to “Boys Basketball”