danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto beats Westfall 62-52 tonight.

Pol pot
SE

Lisath

Post by Pol pot »

Lisath was at Unioto in 98-99 to 00-01. Coach Lisath did not coach Dave Huffman.

cat1606
Riding the Bench

Post by cat1606 »

dave huffman played with ben hartsock, i think they graduated the year before lis got there. My bad on the poy i knew it was a zane trace player that won it that year.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Actually Hartsock was one year younger than Huffman. Hartsock did play for Lisath as a Senior.

Army
S

Post by Army »

danicalifornia wrote:Unioto beats Westfall 62-52 tonight.

Way to go Chillicothe Unioto Shermans :!: :-D

BleedThePurple96
Waterboy

Post by BleedThePurple96 »

According the the latest AP poll, the Shermans are ranked #12 in D2. I guess they aren't doing that bad considering their below par record! :?

BuckeyeGuy38
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeGuy38 »

Unioto is 4-11 overall record last time i checked this has to be a misprint they arent even at the top of the SVC let alone one of the top 15 teams in the state

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

#12 in D2 Unioto gets an SVC win over Southeastern tonight, 50-44. They held Southeastern to 6 points in the middle 2 quarters!

They move to 5-11 overall and 5-6 in the SVC.

Jok Strapz
Waterboy

Post by Jok Strapz »

Well, looks like the tanks dropped another to ZT last night. Also looks like a blow out. Seems as though the kids are tired of playing (and loosing) and just waiting for the season to end. {especially the 7-8 who sit on the bench game after game and watch the chosen few blow it}.. what a disappointment for tank fans. lots of the kids are very disappointed and I doubt will return next year, especially some of the reserve players, who are fed up with poor coaching....too bad. looks like we will have to root on the girls program from now on. :cry:

Pol pot
SE

jok(e) strap

Post by Pol pot »

Hey Jok, get a life, just because you are some disappointed parent, no need to come around here and bad mouth coaches and other players. Have some class!

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

If the players you are talking about actually have your attitude, it would probably be a blessing if they didn't return.

Much Obliged
bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Just because your kid is on the pine, don't cream the rest of the kids on the team or the coaches. Take your ball and go home if you want - sounds like addition by subtraction to me. It's going to take a couple of years to get that thing turned around down there.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

jok- It's people like you that Unioto has gone down the drain. Parents try and run the program(in every sport) and if their kid isn't getting the PT they think they deserve, they complain constantly. It's a joke and hopefully Coach Hoops can change some of the attitudes around here.

Jok Strapz
Waterboy

Post by Jok Strapz »

well, as the spouse of a person who works in the school, I can tell you things aren't as "rosey" as you all think. My kid don't sit the bench, don't even play yet. But we used to like to go watch games to see the teams. but when certain few blow games on a routine basis and others with as much talent sit on bench (who have varsity experience) one has to question why a coach would not make changes to win a game....but that is why he is coach and only a few of the kids and parents are happy with a losing season. so take up for the coaching staff, and remember when you have 3-5 loosing seasons in a row...you get what you paid for and what you wanted. I will join the countless others who next year will go eslewhere to watch a good basketball game! :idea:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

jok- If any of the kids or parents are happy with a losing season, then they aren't competitors at all. I guarentee no one is happy with how the season is going right now. BTW, out of 3 returning letterwinners(in the program) only 1 doesn't play all the time. This is a new coaching staff and you've already quit on them, that's great. I'm sure that won't bother them at all.

Congrats on raising yourself to talking down on kids who are working their tails off to have a successful season. I'm sure Coach Hoops is trying to lose games. I'm also sure that you've been to every practice and see how kids are there. I'm also sure that you know what every kid does well and what every kid doesn't do well. You should get a job in the school and apply for the head coaching position next year, or at least offer to be an assistant next year.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Just because you work in that school system doesn't mean you will get hired. :roll: At least not yet :lol:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bengalfan- I'm sorry, my bad. But, you know what I'm saying.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

So I take it you believe in the system where a returner with varsity experience should be guaranteed time even if someone is better than him? Sorry but life in general doesn't work that way. I'll trust the coach to make the proper judgments. This attitude is why Unioto is in this shape in many sports - especially football and boys basketball. It's going to take time to get the ship going back in the right direction down there and will only be slowed if this stuff continues.

sportsnut614
Waterboy

Post by sportsnut614 »

Swiching gears I watched Unioto And Huntington Tuesday, and thought the Shermans played way over their heads, Had Huntington on the ropes. Cottrill put back and 2 steals sealed it. Thought Baker had a great game.Didn't like his attitude after the game though.He took his jersey off and wouldn't shake hands.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Everybody knows that coaches dont want to win, they love making their players lives miserable by putting in the wrong people and losing games! lol

Sounds kind of funny when you hear that way!

Return to “Boys Basketball”