South Webster @ Northwest 1/25

waydowntown
Freshman Team

South Webster @ Northwest 1/25

Post by waydowntown »

The last time these two teams hooked up @ South Webster, the Jeeps took the Mowhawks down to the wire, and were heartbroken when Spriggs canned a buzzer beating 3 to seal the victory--one heck of a game to say the least. They match up again Friday @ Northwest.

Last time, the inside of play of Leslie is what killed the Jeeps, and they did a very good job of shutting Spriggs down. Webster is coming off their 2nd win of the season against Valley, and finally have some momentum. If they can contain Leslie and Spriggs, I think they have another good shot. Any thoughts/predictions?

Also, I heard something was up with Northwest's gym, and that's why the Burg-NW game was being played on Sunday @ Shawnee State. Can anyone fill me in about what's going on and even if this game will be played at Northwest? Thanks!

GO JEEPS!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Over early as NW rolls to a victory.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Come on " BAMA " show some LOVE!!!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Buddy, you know I am just giving you a hard time. The Mohawks for Rick Scarberry are playing some pretty good ball.

Waydowntown, the NW vs. Burg game has officially been rescheduled for Wed. Feb. 6 @ NW. All the other stuff was just giving madd dogg a hard time.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

BAMA: Its all in FUN for Us an U know what I Mean, hahaha!!!

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

i think mohawks win but i think with the distraction of homecoming it will stay close for most the game but the mighty mohawks pull away late in the 4th

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

alabama mike wrote: Waydowntown, the NW vs. Burg game has officially been rescheduled for Wed. Feb. 6 @ NW. All the other stuff was just giving madd dogg a hard time.

Yeah, i finally got the scoop on the whole situation. But thanx anyway!

canubelieveit
Waterboy

Post by canubelieveit »

With SW coming off a win from Homecoming-they may be in good shape.
They did seem to keep up at first with NW that last time they played.
Only time will tell....
Get the kids of the bench and lets all play!!!!!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Northwest BIG.

buckeyesportsman
Waterboy

Post by buckeyesportsman »

Mohawks win 58-40. NW played a good game and came away with a quilty win. It was a close game untill half way through the 3rd, but Northwest turned up the D and pulled away in the end. Good win, Fun game. GO MOHAWKS!

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

the strickland kid had a pretty good game tonight!!!

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

FalconFan wrote:Northwest BIG.

Before I say anything, I want to say congrats to Northwest on picking up a win on their Homecoming night, and South Webster, keep your heads up and keep working hard.

As for now, I still haven't understood why people think South Webster is such a horrible team. Granted, they may not be as good as the teams from recent years, but they are not that bad, and have been playing decent ball as of late. I spoke with someone VERY closely associated with the team the other day, and everyone says it's a matter of the kids adapting to Coach Reese's style of play, but it's not that at all. I was told that Reese is using this year to adapt to his PLAYER'S style of play, which leads me to believe that he isn't worried about establishing a system right away. Nothing against that, but shouldn't he be using the bench more often to find a lineup that fits the team best overall? I mean, South Webster has a size disavantage almost every contest, so why hasn't Gee played at all this year? If my memory serves me correctly, he was a starter for the Jeeps almost all of last year, on a team that went to Regionals, and in my eyes could really help the Jeeps out with their inside game. This team is LOADED with guards who can all shoot--they are just struggling with making an inside presence be felt. I just think with tournament time rolling around, the coach should work the bench in and out of the game more just to see what happens. If it doesn't work, so be it--let the players play who want to win most. Does anyone see where I'm coming from? or am i just saying this to feel stupid?...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

waydowntown wrote:
alabama mike wrote: Waydowntown, the NW vs. Burg game has officially been rescheduled for Wed. Feb. 6 @ NW. All the other stuff was just giving madd dogg a hard time.

Yeah, i finally got the scoop on the whole situation. But thanx anyway!

i'm still gettin no love from my burg buddies.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Be patient Webster fans. These players are all heart. They play hard and know going into every game they will be in a fight for their lives. Plus they are constantly under the threat of critisizm from the public.
Yet they keep going out there and play with heart.
I see nothing but positive things in the future. Just let the coach and players get to know each other.

webstertown
Waterboy

Post by webstertown »

The bench has a mixture of a lack of skill,speed,height,conditioning,and knowing the plays. Im not saying all of them have each thing but everyone has a reason not to be on the floor or the coach would have them on the floor and its one of the things i have listed as a reason they arent playing the bench. Just because a kid can shoot doesnt mean he should play. My first jeep was a sharp lefty from down town and he never seen the floor unless they were getting pounded by 30 or up by 30. And i understood why he didnt play.

Coach Reese is using what he thinks gives him the best chance of winning he has little to work with right now, their young and small you cant expect to much

Go Jeeps

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

jeep80 wrote:Be patient Webster fans. These players are all heart. They play hard and know going into every game they will be in a fight for their lives. Plus they are constantly under the threat of critisizm from the public.
Yet they keep going out there and play with heart.
I see nothing but positive things in the future. Just let the coach and players get to know each other.

I agree. They do go out there with heart every night, and that's what matters most. And like you, I see nothing but positive things in the future as well. I just hate it because they don't deserve any of this criticism anymore because they have proven that they can hang tough with most teams in this area throughout an entire game, yet people, including Webster fans theirselves, come to every game thinking they're going to get pounded by 30 or more. None of the fans ever stand up and clap for their Jeeps anymore, and I just don't see any spirit other than from the team itself. I know that when the team I was on stepped on the court, the support from our fans is what pumped us up the most. I just want to encourage all Jeep fans to go out and cheer for their team, and this team will play with more fire and the future of Webster basketball will bring nothing but good things.

canubelieveit
Waterboy

Post by canubelieveit »

The bench has a mixture of a lack of skill,speed,height,conditioning,and knowing the plays.

webstertown, the WHOLE TEAM could use some conditioning.
After finally getting to see the team in action after a few weeks,The Jeeps seem to play good for a few quarters, but when they come
out after half time-they are having a hard time keeping up. Using the bench more might help the players that see more playing time catch their breath. The bench can't get any better until you use them. And on the note of knowing the plays....
when some of the starting 5 don't know and use them, its hard for the
bench to come in and help.

You are still winners with us JEEPS-Do your best!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”