Belpre Golden Eagles - TVC HOCKING CHAMPS!

sportsfan_mov
Riding the Bench

Belpre Golden Eagles - TVC HOCKING CHAMPS!

Post by sportsfan_mov »

Way to go Eagles on coming from behind tonight to win 62-60 against Waterford to clinch the TVC Hocking Division Championship! Congrats Coach Thornhill and the Eagles on a job well done! Now time to continue on and go on a nice tourney run...

Good luck to all of the TVC teams in all divisions of the tournament... Let's represent the TVC well!

motox21
Waterboy

Re: Belpre Golden Eagles - TVC HOCKING CHAMPS!

Post by motox21 »

They should have lost tonight, Waterford was the better team.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Doesn't matter who should or shouldn't lose, it's who DOES win. Congrats to Belpre and JT on a great first year back together. Good luck in the tourney.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Congratulations Coach Thornhill and all the Golden Eagles on winning the TVC Title. Boys never quit even after being down by 11 points three times and having at least 3 starters with foul trouble.Good win, great season.On to the tournament and good luck there.

sportsfan_mov
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsfan_mov »

Waterford did play an excellent game and had a great defensive plan, but Belpre fought back till the very end and won it and that is what matters. GREAT JOB EAGLES!

Belpre 8 18 20 16
Waterford 13 19 16 12

Belpre:
Nestor 9
Hoffman 5
Ullman 20 (6 threes)
Leasure 11 (including game-winning "3" with 13 seconds left)
Byers 1
Therriault 16
(Pittenger still sick and did not play)

Waterford:
Moore 5
Strahler 2
Hilverding 7
Burer 3
Shriver 10
Pyatt 2
Lang 28
Porter 3

ccccc
Waterboy

Post by ccccc »

It just shows you how valuable a coach can be. Congratulations to coach thornhill and his staff of Todd Engle and Kyle Holbert. Only two returning starters from last years team and didn't even get hired till after the summer contact was over. What a fantastic job by a great young coach. Belpre better figure out how to keep him. With four starters returning and being able to train and coach the boys during the summer I look for a much improved team for next year.

With there other center out do to illness and Ryan leasure with three quick fouls in the 1st quarter It was an uphill battle.Good job by joey byers and austin forshey filling in. Niether one has seen very many meaningful varsity minutes, but belpre had no choice with such team foul trouble and the boys preformed very well. I attribute that to the coaching staff of never panicking and kept on coaching.Lang was just staying in the paint and not guarding leasure. Ryan knocked down the good looks, and played enough defense to not foul out of the game. Sophmores theroit and ullman did a great job offensively and defensivly. It seemed Ullman had two and three defenders on him all night and with lang hanging in the paint it made it darn hard to get to the basket. Hoffman played a very good all round game,very athletic. He was the victom also of foul trouble and ended up fouling out. Just a great basketball game all round. I hope Belpre and Waterford and all the TVC do terrific in the upcoming tourney. Its been a great season.

sportsfan_mov
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsfan_mov »

ccccc wrote:It just shows you how valuable a coach can be. Congratulations to coach thornhill and his staff of Todd Engle and Kyle Holbert. Only two returning starters from last years team and didn't even get hired till after the summer contact was over. What a fantastic job by a great young coach. Belpre better figure out how to keep him. With four starters returning and being able to train and coach the boys during the summer I look for a much improved team for next year.

With there other center out do to illness and Ryan leasure with three quick fouls in the 1st quarter It was an uphill battle.Good job by joey byers and austin forshey filling in. Niether one has seen very many meaningful varsity minutes, but belpre had no choice with such team foul trouble and the boys preformed very well. I attribute that to the coaching staff of never panicking and kept on coaching.Lang was just staying in the paint and not guarding leasure. Ryan knocked down the good looks, and played enough defense to not foul out of the game. Sophmores theroit and ullman did a great job offensively and defensivly. It seemed Ullman had two and three defenders on him all night and with lang hanging in the paint it made it darn hard to get to the basket. Hoffman played a very good all round game,very athletic. He was the victom also of foul trouble and ended up fouling out. Just a great basketball game all round. I hope Belpre and Waterford and all the TVC do terrific in the upcoming tourney. Its been a great season.
Well said! Great TEAM effort by players and coaches both!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

When he was hired, I said that Jordan would do a great job and he has certainly proven that with the results. I'm very happy for him and his young team, quite an accomplishment. He's got a bright future coaching, and I wish him and the Golden Eagles the very best going into the tournament. The Hocking COY award is an absolute no-brainer this year, let's hope that the coaches do the right thing and select the person most deserving, Jordan Thornhill.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

congrats to belpre. zane trace is a very physical team and athletic team. don't let their record fool you because they have played a tight game almost every night.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Steely Dan wrote:When he was hired, I said that Jordan would do a great job and he has certainly proven that with the results. I'm very happy for him and his young team, quite an accomplishment. He's got a bright future coaching, and I wish him and the Golden Eagles the very best going into the tournament. The Hocking COY award is an absolute no-brainer this year, let's hope that the coaches do the right thing and select the person most deserving, Jordan Thornhill.
Very well said.

Congrats to coach Thornhill and his staff and to the players for their hard work and team work.

I know Jordan's dad Melvin Thornhill has a very big smile on his face.

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Great Job JT & Co. Behind the scenes a little, I think Coach Engle has played a huge role in this as well. Great Job, Congrats!!!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I think Belpre could have won the TVC OHIO this year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I think Belpre could have won the TVC OHIO this year.
It would have been close, they would have competed for it that's for sure ... Games against Vinton County, Nelsonville-York, Athens and even Wellston (especially AT Wellston) - can be a little tougher than it apprears on paper.

Return to “Boys Basketball”