I think Zane Trace wins this one.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Portsmouth wins this one.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Other than Minford, has Portsmouth beat anybody with a winning record?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

GO TROJANS !!!!!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Bozo wrote:Other than Minford, has Portsmouth beat anybody with a winning record?

not sure . but looking at the records above, Portsmouth has played a slightly tougher schedule 8)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

and looks like both teams have trouble on the road :oops:

The Fan
Waterboy

Post by The Fan »

I don't believe the Trojans have beaten a team with a winning record other than Minford. Most of their wins have been against weak teams in the SEOAL.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Besides Piketon who has Zane Trace beat with a winning record?

REDSTREAKFAN
Waterboy

Post by REDSTREAKFAN »

I think probably Portsmouth, with all their tradition...they probably will just stay home and not play...LOL...they play in a weak league...lol

If you think Portsmouth plays a weak schedule...then you're definitely not up on the league they play in! Besides, they are now back with one of their best players I hear, and I promise you they'll give Zane Trace all they want, and more....Nothing against our league foes, but if you look at their schedule and the games they've won recently....all but one was at HOME; and we all know what goes on in the PIT!!! So, on a neutral floor, I'm giving Portsmouth the edge.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yeah,,,so Zane Trace should have a feild day, and worry about who they play next :lol:

The Fan
Waterboy

Post by The Fan »

I didn't say ZT would win. Just stating facts about the TRojans. The SEOAL besides Chillicothe and Zanesville is weak this season. Jackson and Athens are really bad. Gallia has their worst team in years. Ironton, Marietta and Warren are not as strong as they have been in recent years.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

The Fan wrote:I didn't say ZT would win. Just stating facts about the TRojans. The SEOAL besides Chillicothe and Zanesville is weak this season. Jackson and Athens are really bad. Gallia has their worst team in years. Ironton, Marietta and Warren are not as strong as they have been in recent years.

thefan,

I hope you have seen Warren. They are a very good ball club. Hence the #2 seed in their Sectional (D2). Marietta is not great and Ironton has struggled, but I can tell you these teams are no slouch.

Portsmouth will give Zane Trace all they want and then some. Being a Ross Countian, it is hard to root against the Pioneers, but I have an affectin for P-Town and believe their inside strength and quickness on the perimeter will lead them to victory.

I also believe they got the shaft with this seed.

GO CAVS!!!

REDSTREAKFAN
Waterboy

Post by REDSTREAKFAN »

LOL...Um...have you ever played at Ironton or those other schools? They are a different speed and toughness than the SVC. The SVC is so controlled by officiating; the SEOAL is a more physical conference, much like they play in the tourney. At the end of the day, here's the factor that stands out in my mind...how many schools that Portsmouth beat are D-2?

Do they have a winning record versus D-2 schools?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

^^^^^

Looks like Portsmouth has 6 wins against D2 against 2 losses.

GO CAVS!!!

The Fan
Waterboy

Post by The Fan »

Yes I have seen Warren. The night I saw them they played Zanesville, so it may not have been fair to judge them. Officiating controls the SVC, please tell me how. Most of the officials here in the district work both SVC games as well as SEOAL games. I think Portsmouth should win but when you have 2 young guards anything can happen in their first tourney game.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace has beat Piketon, Huntington and Washington Court House with winning records.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Trojans by 5

bug ii
Waterboy

Post by bug ii »

It is funny that you bring up that portsmouth has a 6 - 2 record against d2 teams because those teams are bad and are not close to having a winning record. Zane trace will win this one and it probably won't be as close as everyone thinks.

Return to “Boys Basketball”