What if...SOC Division III

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

What if...SOC Division III

Post by Jeep-ster »

I see there is some shake up taking place in the SEOAL. Zanesville is leaving. Athens is out, I think. Also some talk of Ironton leaving. So.....what if a new division III (league) could be formed from the SEOAL South members: Portsmouth, Ironton, Jackson, Chillicothe, Bring Wheelersburg, Waverly and Northwest up from SOC Div. II. Try and get Rock Hill to join also. That would be 8 teams. Try to get Wellston, Dawson Bryant and Piketon to join SOC Div. II to replace those going to Div. III. The overall SOC would be compact enough for driving distances with great schools for competition! I know this is a BIG "what if". What do you all think?

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

Wow, that's an quite a thought. It would make things very interesting in the 'what if' world.

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

Anything new begins with a "what if". It is just a thought

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

tigercat1 wrote:Wow, that's an quite a thought. It would make things very interesting in the 'what if' world.

i agree. but this is not a 'what if' world. i don't see it happenin

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Would Northwest be in that division in football? They have trouble competing year in and year out in the SOC II now and you are wanting to put them in a league with the likes of Ptown, Chilli, Jackson, Ironton and Burg and Waverly? They would have a hard time in some of the other sports also. They might compete every once in awhile, but not on a consistent enough basis to want to join a league like that.

I hope the NW followers on here don't get mad, but just a few months ago the majority on here was talking about ways to drop them down to SOC I where they would be competitive in all sports on a yearly basis.

I think the league would be a great fit for all of the other schools mentioned, just exclude NW.

This is JMO

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I like it, but it would never happen.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

yabba I think I would throw Minford in there to that would be 6 tuff fought games in all sports.

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

My wish would be drop Oak Hill, Symmes Valley, Eastern, Western, Waverly and Just have a Scioto County Conference

Portsmouth-Notre Dame-East-Clay-Valley-Minford-Wheelersburg-West-Northwest-Green

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

THE'GENERAL' wrote:My wish would be drop Oak Hill, Symmes Valley, Eastern, Western, Waverly and Just have a Scioto County Conference

Portsmouth-Notre Dame-East-Clay-Valley-Minford-Wheelersburg-West-Northwest-Green

More times than not that would leave everyone but Portsmout, Burg, and Northwest all fighting for 3rd place.

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

THE'GENERAL' wrote:My wish would be drop Oak Hill, Symmes Valley, Eastern, Western, Waverly and Just have a Scioto County Conference

What about South Webster? Are we just gonna throw them away? Where's the love? :(

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Love the idea of the SOC III, however like most do not see it happening. Also wouldn't be opposed to Ironton staying in SEOAL and Wheelersburg, and Waverly coming into that fold with a little restructuring. Maybe Valley and Minford or Possibly West.
I guess the idea of SOC III makes more since but sure would like to keep playing some of the SEOAL teams.

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

AWESOME!! Just get LOGAN to go to a columbus league and Im game!! They need to be their anyway with their talent in football.

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Post by thecinderellapick »

coming from a western viewpoint, one of the main reasons WHS left the SHL was to be closer the their opponents. if you go and split the SOC up like this, the pike county teams dont have anywhere to go.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

you expecting ND to compete with ports and Burg ????? MD
Last edited by ManitouDan on Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

i think you try to keep the top winning programs together like ports,burg,ironton,waverly,minford,jackson,chilly,west and if the other teams wan't to play these teams you have 2 open dates. take the rest of pike, jackson,scioto and make the other 2 divisions if you want it could also get intresting if you would include lawrence county there are some teams that would compete well in the stronger class.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Piketon not leaving the SVC
Charter members.
I have always said the SOC should invite the OVC and add Portsmouth and Ironton and go to 3 divisions
Put the schools with no football into their own division.
DI non Football
DII Small football schools
DIII Power players in SO Football.

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

yabba

the only talk of NW dropping divisions was in football, not in all sports.

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

Bengal, what teams in the OVC don't have football?
You would need more than the five in the SOC.
Last edited by jumpman on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

the main thing is to set up the league so teams 5-5 can make the playoffs
we all know computer points are 1st and foremost and league championships second. Make it strong enough that all soc teams with 5-5 or 6-4 can make the show.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I guess your right but those two leagues fit nicely :-D

Return to “Boys Basketball”