SEOPS Hippo

Jackson @ Logan

Post by Ironman92 »

Score? Details?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson @ Logan

Post by Ironman92 »

Refs didn't show so Logan's finest gets to ref....awesome.

Did he tell any of the fans they were the worst he ever saw?

I bet he made sure Jackson had twice as many fouls and probably called 2/3 of the fouls against them.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Will Logan Change directions of our basketball program

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Why would they?

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

I agree; why would they?? The program is headed in a good direction. Jv went 11-9 (6-10 as frosh), the freshman went I think 9-9 (2-13 as 8th graders) and the varsity after starting 0-6 finished the season 7-7 so I would think they are in good hands. This year's class of juniors (Logan only has 2 Seniors) went 16-4 as frosh and 15-5 as a jv squad so I would think next season would be the year Logan gets over the hump if they can find someone to lead the team at PG. Losing Miller will be a huge hole to fill but Logan has had three or four players in double figures the last few games so the scoring is there if they can play well together.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Helber's goals this year were to win 10-12 games, so they fell well short of that. I think they were a little improved this year though, they showed flashes this year with a couple close games against Chilli and Portsmouth, but next year the pressure will be on,expectations will be high!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Fouls

Jackson 24
Logan 10

Free Throws

Logan 26
Jackson 6

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

C-Bolt wrote:Helber's goals this year were to win 10-12 games, so they fell well short of that. I think they were a little improved this year though, they showed flashes this year with a couple close games against Chilli and Portsmouth, but next year the pressure will be on,expectations will be high!

I totally agree with my good buddy C-Bolt, Let's give john one more year and look for the team to win 11-14 games! But The pressure will be turned up and results are expected!

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Phil Lightfoot, can't call a game with two other varsity officials. No way should he be allowed to call with two JV officials. I've seen him twice this year, and was talking to a good friend of mine who is an AD in the SHL. He said in no way possible will Lightfoot step back in his gymnasium while he is still AD! I've never seen a crew call with such a chip on they're shoulder and power trip as much as Phil's crew!

heyblu44
Waterboy

Post by heyblu44 »

Out of Bounds wrote:Phil Lightfoot, can't call a game with two other varsity officials. No way should he be allowed to call with two JV officials. I've seen him twice this year, and was talking to a good friend of mine who is an AD in the SHL. He said in no way possible will Lightfoot step back in his gymnasium while he is still AD! I've never seen a crew call with such a chip on they're shoulder and power trip as much as Phil's crew!

Hey Out of Bounds - How many Varsity Basketball games have you officated 100 - 200 Oh that's right ZERO. We don't know who your "good AD friend" is, but Mr. Lightfoot (1,257 Varsity Games Officiated) and his crew has never called a game in the SHL in the 33 years that he has been a OHSAA official. So Your "good AD friend" does not even know Mr. Lightfoot or his crew. Maybe you should try officiating one game - you would be done by halftime - because we know you could not handle the pressure. :!:

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Hi Phil, how are you?

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Really never? 1200+ games and never in the SHL? Sorry, but while your on Lightfoots jock, I beg to differ. You must have some sort of lover affair to know how many games an official has done. Hell I know officials that have officiated for years and couldn't even estimate how many games they have done! Anyway, I know for a fact that he has officiated in the SHL because I have seen it with my own eyes! As far as officiating varsity games, I have some of those under my belt as well! So go back and give Phil a hug and double check your facts!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Out of Bounds wrote:Hell I know officials that have officiated for years and couldn't even estimate how many games they have done!
That's a great point. But MOST Officials don't like being the center of attention. :roll:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Out of Bounds wrote:Phil Lightfoot, can't call a game with two other varsity officials. No way should he be allowed to call with two JV officials. I've seen him twice this year, and was talking to a good friend of mine who is an AD in the SHL. He said in no way possible will Lightfoot step back in his gymnasium while he is still AD! I've never seen a crew call with such a chip on they're shoulder and power trip as much as Phil's crew!
Why did the AD at Logan permit a Logan supporter to call the game! No wonder Logan won the game, Sorry Jackson for this dumb screw up! :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan had the win no matter --go Chiefs

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

only in LOGANNNNNNN.....

heyblu44
Waterboy

Post by heyblu44 »

moonshine wrote:
Why did the AD at Logan permit a Logan supporter to call the game! No wonder Logan won the game, Sorry Jackson for this dumb screw up! :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246

Moonshine: The scheduled Varsity Officials did not show up - so the Logan AD got the OK from the Jackson AD and Jackson's head coach for Lightfoot to work the game or Jackson would have had to come back to Logan today to play the game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Why didn't they show up? Of course the Jackson AD is going to agree to it. Paying another bus driver for another trip, diesel fuel, and a game right before their tourney game? The coach knows all of this stuff as well and wouldn't want to be a part of coming back under those circumstances. I'm sure Jackson had their chances to win anyways...but it just looks fishy. I'll assume it wasn't.

Return to “Boys Basketball”