Riding the Bench

CLAY AT VALLEY TUE. THE 5TH

Post by BUCKEYE NUT »

GAME BETWEEN CLAY AND VALLEY HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM SAT,9TH TO TUE. 5TH

BUCKEYE NUT
Riding the Bench

GO VALLEY

Post by BUCKEYE NUT »

I AM A OLD CLAY ALUMNI AND LOVE THE PANTHER AND I BLEED GOLD AND BLUE. THIS IS THE WORST TEAM I HAVE SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF CLAY HIGH SCHOOL. THE TALENT IS VERY THIN. I DON'T THINK CLAY HELPED THEM SELF WHEN THEY GOT RID OF DON WARD. DON WAS A PROVEN WINNER, NOT THE BEST, BUT A GOOD SOUND COACH. HURAY FOR VALLEY VICTORY, THERE HAS BEEN SOME PROMBLEMS IN THERE BASKETBALL PROGRAM FOR THE LAST 4 OR 5 YEARS AND I THINK THIS NEW COACH HAS TURNED THIS PROGRAM AROUND IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. GOOD JOB COACH V.LET KEEP THIS TEAM IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE SEASON.

ssusoccer
Varsity

Re: GO VALLEY

Post by ssusoccer »

BUCKEYE NUT wrote:I AM A OLD CLAY ALUMNI AND LOVE THE PANTHER AND I BLEED GOLD AND BLUE. THIS IS THE WORST TEAM I HAVE SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF CLAY HIGH SCHOOL. THE TALENT IS VERY THIN. I DON'T THINK CLAY HELPED THEM SELF WHEN THEY GOT RID OF DON WARD. DON WAS A PROVEN WINNER, NOT THE BEST, BUT A GOOD SOUND COACH. HURAY FOR VALLEY VICTORY, THERE HAS BEEN SOME PROMBLEMS IN THERE BASKETBALL PROGRAM FOR THE LAST 4 OR 5 YEARS AND I THINK THIS NEW COACH HAS TURNED THIS PROGRAM AROUND IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. GOOD JOB COACH V.LET KEEP THIS TEAM IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE SEASON.

OK, I am sorry to ask this but just trying to clear something up. Don Ward?
Do you mean Don Gibson(2000-2001) or Randy Ward(2004-2007)?
Also I had the pleasure to meet the new Coach, Jack Trainer for the first time the other night, very nice man. He seems very knowledgable about the game, give him some time. It is a BIG adjustment from college to SOC Division I basketball.
BG-It was nice seeing Jon out on the floor, I suddenly felt very old! He handles the ball extremely well for a rookie. Also, nice to see a high arching shot for once.
Since 1983 when Coach Justus left, Clay has hired 10 different coaches. Only 2 coaches left with above .500 records, since Coach Justus' departure. In 24 years an average length of stay for a coach is a little over 2 years. I hope people are patient with Coach Trainer. Let him build the program, so when they move into the new school, people will have a team they can be proud of!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Clay had the lead in this game at 14-8 in the 1st quarter and Evan Keaton had 12 of those 14 points for the Panthers and was scoring at will inside on the Indians. Then he doesn't touch the ball hardly at all the rest of the half and the Clay coach chooses to set him almost the entire second half and Clay loses 72-28. Just don't understand that myself.

Clay really struggles to get the ball inbounds because they have one boy moving and the other three standing around. No one really tries to set a pick, they just stand there. I bet they had at least 5 or 6 five second calls in the game tonight because of this.

Another thing I noticed is they dribble themselves into a trap and then pick up their dribble and have nowhere to go with the ball resulting in 5 second calls or bad passes for turnovers. They also pass up way to many wide open 12 to 15 foot jumpshots trying to make an extra pass that usually leads to a turnover.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"

Return to “Boys Basketball”