SEOAL Championship Night

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

biggdowgg wrote:
86cavs wrote:The Chillicothe and Zanesville game is sold out.The reserves play at 6:00 pm and the Varsity game is at 7:30pm.I was told to get there early if you want a good seat.

radio stations covering this?

i know that am1490 will have this game on here in chilli. i'm not sure what station it is in zanesville. i've also heard rumor that there will be a camera crew there taping this game to show. not sure the station but thats what i've heard.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

RIP - the coin flip also bit Warren's girls last year. If I remember correctly - Logan, Marietta and Warren all tied for 1st and Marietta drew the Championship game, Logan the 3rd place game, and Warren got to play for 5th place. It is even more important - in that these three schools are usually battling it out for the All Sports Trophy every year.

This coin flip, pill box, rock paper scissors thing has to go! It is not fair to the kids in this league.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

R.I.P. BillSauerField wrote:Well they are tied for 2nd so I'm assuming they have to flip too.

And I'm pretty sure JV starts at 6 and Varsity starts at 7:30 to answer your earlier question.

I heard there is supposed to be a coin toss for Ironton and Portsmouth also, havn't heard if it has happened yet though.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

R.I.P. BillSauerField wrote:Well they are tied for 2nd so I'm assuming they have to flip too.

And I'm pretty sure JV starts at 6 and Varsity starts at 7:30 to answer your earlier question.

I heard there is supposed to be a coin toss for Ironton and Portsmouth also, havn't heard if it has happened yet though.

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

SEOAL Championship Night

Post by Diehard Fan »

Does anybody know how this plays out and what times the games will be played?

whsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by whsfan »

is there any possible way to get tickets to the chilli game or is it all presale or sold out by now?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

1st place game: Zanesville @ Chillicothe

3rd place game: Logan @ Portsmouth

5th place game: Warren @ Ironton

7th place game: Marietta @ Gallia Academy

9th place game: Athens @ Jackson

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I did not realize the JV teams would be playing also.

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Post by R.I.P. BillSauerField »

That is not correct ozzie. Logan beat Warren tonight, however they tied for 2nd in the North and after the game they did the coin toss to determine who plays for 3rd place and Logan ended up losing the toss so they are now playing for 5th place. This happened to Logan girls team last year...way to go "New and Improved SEOAL!"

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Anyone know what time they start?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Sorry I thought if they won they were playing us.

Hows That!!!

1st place game: Zanesville @ Chillicothe

3rd place game: Warren @ Portsmouth

5th place game: Logan @ Ironton

7th place game: Marietta @ Gallia Academy

9th place game: Athens @ Jackson

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Well, I don't like it...but yea that's correct.

Didn't Portsmouth and Ironton tie for 2nd too and have to flip?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

This is the first I have heard about the flip, I thought the winners played each other.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

The Chillicothe and Zanesville game is sold out.The reserves play at 6:00 pm and the Varsity game is at 7:30pm.I was told to get there early if you want a good seat.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

the good ole coin flip ehhh :roll: :roll: :roll:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

86cavs wrote:The Chillicothe and Zanesville game is sold out.The reserves play at 6:00 pm and the Varsity game is at 7:30pm.I was told to get there early if you want a good seat.

radio stations covering this?

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Well they are tied for 2nd so I'm assuming they have to flip too.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Coach Shoemaker informed me today that Warren will play at Portsmouth on Saturday. The coin flip between Logan and Warren was won by Warren, and the coin flip between Portsmouth and Ironton was won by Portsmouth.

Thus the Warriors and Trojans will play for 3rd place in the SEOAL.

Warren beat Portsmouth 61-47 on Jan.25 at Warren. The Warriors had a 44-42 lead with 4 minutes remaining, then closed with a 17-5 run. Nate Cadogen fouled out with 3 minutes left.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Can SEOAL passes be used to get into these games or is it just tickets only????

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

friday_nite_fan wrote:Can SEOAL passes be used to get into these games or is it just tickets only????

At Chilly the SEOAL passes can be used. This game is being treated just like a regular season game. All pass gates honored during the season are honored on Saturday. I would hope all schools would abide by the same guidelines, but I am not sure.

GO CAVS!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”