REDMEN FAN
Freshman Team

Ironton & Rock Hill @ Jackson

Post by REDMEN FAN »

Thoughts on this one.

ITown14
Waterboy

Post by ITown14 »

After a tough SEOAL schedule in which they went 8-4 against Div II teams and 1-3 against Div. I schools. I believe the tigers begin to roll in the tourney against schools their size.
Last edited by ITown14 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I saw the Tigers beat a good Logan team last night, and I have said since the brackets came out that Ironton would be a tough foe for Rock Hill or South Point......because of the schedule they have played.

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Ironton should win this one.

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

Ironton has the advantage in a running game... Rock Hill if it turns into a half court game... I believe it will come down to which team controls the tempo. Quickness vs. Length... However Rock Hill is shooting well on the season from beyond the arc... it seems to open up when we establish ourselves inside. We must dominate the boards. That is a key!!! And we must protect the ball! I like Rock Hill's chances in this one. The Hill has been playing good defense as of late... they will need their best efforts from this point forward.

Thunderbutt
Waterboy

Post by Thunderbutt »

Good Luck to the HILL. I'll be home cheering you on!!!!!!!

Go Redmen beat the Tiggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Seeing how Ironton will be the underdog in this game, i believe they can pull the upset.

Ironton only has one returning starter from last season and Rock Hill has most if not all starters back.

If Ironton can play their game and put pressure on the Redmen they should get the Win...

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Ironton Lady Fighting Tigers just defeated Fairland Lady Dragons 55 - 27!
Come on guys - now it's your turn - do your part, too!
Ironton Fighting Tigers VS Rock Hill Redmen Game at 6:15 PM, Mon, 2/11.

On the radio at WIRO 1230 AM
On the web at: http://www.800wvhu.com/pages/hsbroadcasts.html
I have found that I need to turn off my pop-up blocker to get this up on my screen.

FYI - you probably already know it, but here are the links to the OHSAA Brackets.
Boys Div III Athens 1 District - http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/bk/boys/tourn08/d3b2d.pdf
All Boys Tournament Brackets - http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/bk/boys/tourn08/default.asp

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

All I can say is Coach Mark has done a great job with this Ironton team that had very little experince.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I think the key to this whole game is if Rock Hill can get the ball down the floor against a very tenacious Ironton press. I've seen both teams play and this is what I see could be a problem for Rock Hill. If the Redmen can take care of the basketball and keep the big boy out of foul trouble, this will turn into a barn burner. JMHO!

IHSTiger81
Riding the Bench

Post by IHSTiger81 »

Thunderbutt wrote:Good Luck to the HILL. I'll be home cheering you on!!!!!!!

Go Redmen beat the Tiggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last I checked, it was the TIGERS.

GO IRONTON!!!!!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I think the Tigers win this game in a close one.

GO TIGERS.................

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

if you plan on staying for both games get the wallet out, Jackson will be clearing the GYM so they can have their hands out for the ole mighty Dollar 2 times in one night.

I guess 2 bucks for that little 12 ounce bottle of pepsi isnt enough :roll:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

:shock:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias wrote:That's the look that I will give tomorrow as I pay to enter...

...of course, I'll still have my teeth...

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

untill you give that woman that look you will have them :shock:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

tell your cunectuns,,they are GREEDY! :shock: :mad:

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Some lousy weather headed our direction - I noticed some schools announcing delayed start times for this Monday morning.
Both Ironton and Rock Hill teams and fans have a long trek to make up to Jackson and back on Rt 93 [not exactly the very best road] for the game tonight.
Please, oh please, let the weather system hold off and everyone travel safely. Of course I'm rooting for Ironton in the game, but I wish for clear weather and dry roads for everyone!

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

Solution to the weather woes.... PLAY THE GAME AT COAL GROVE!!! It is so stupid to risk driving up 93 to play this game when we could play it at one place or the other or at somewhere like Coal Grove.

GO TIGERS!!!

GO TIGERS!!!
IHSTiger81
Riding the Bench

Post by IHSTiger81 »

If the weather doesn't cooperate, does anyone know how much farther, timewise, it is to take 32 at Piketon over to Jackson? Not fond of 93 on a dry day, but snow makes it even worse.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

gahs4ever wrote:I will be coming up but only for the Ironton game. They wont get my money twice.

I knew you would give in 8)

Return to “Boys Basketball”