South Gallia vs Ironton St. Joe Division 4 Sectional

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

South Gallia vs Ironton St. Joe Division 4 Sectional

Post by friday_nite_fan »

The Rebels beat the Flyers the last game they played in Mercerville. Who do you think will win the rubber match between the two on Tuesday? I know South Gallia has been on a roll lately and are playing their best ball of the year by far right now. If they can keep playing like they did over at Buffalo, they will surprise alot of people. Go Rebels!!!

marathon rebel
Freshman Team

Post by marathon rebel »

The way shelton was able to hang with #10 in the meeting in mercerville really impressed me.
But this game really comes down to how well we protect the basketball. The win over buffalo, we only had 9 turnovers, meanwhile most of our losses we have had around 20. Good Luck rebels.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Will be an interesting game. Will be close tough game.

GO REBELS, BEAT FLYERS! 8)

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I saw both games these two played and I would have to say that if South Gallia shoots the ball like they did at home and stay away from the fouls, only being called for 4 in the first half and 5 in the second half in that second game, they will win again. Not letting that other team get into the bonus really helps. That is how you win games, shoot the lights out and stay away from mistakes. Even with all of that said, I think I'll take the Flyers in a close one.

GO FLYERS BEAT THE REBELS.

SPANKY
Freshman Team

Post by SPANKY »

RiverRatRay wrote:I saw both games these two played and I would have to say that if South Gallia shoots the ball like they did at home and stay away from the fouls, only being called for 4 in the first half and 5 in the second half in that second game, they will win again. Not letting that other team get into the bonus really helps. That is how you win games, shoot the lights out and stay away from mistakes. Even with all of that said, I think I'll take the Flyers in a close one.

Only 9 fouls for the game :roll: Hard to beat a team that doesn't foul. :roll: :roll: :roll:

NUFF SAID..........................

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

SPANKY wrote:
RiverRatRay wrote:I saw both games these two played and I would have to say that if South Gallia shoots the ball like they did at home and stay away from the fouls, only being called for 4 in the first half and 5 in the second half in that second game, they will win again. Not letting that other team get into the bonus really helps. That is how you win games, shoot the lights out and stay away from mistakes. Even with all of that said, I think I'll take the Flyers in a close one.

Only 9 fouls for the game :roll: Hard to beat a team that doesn't foul. :roll: :roll: :roll:

NUFF SAID..........................

True :lol:

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

With school being closed tomorrow in gallia co. , will the game still be played?

Either way... GO REBELS!!!!!!!!

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

I was wondering the same thing bballfool. I know they are supposed to get it really bad up around Athens tonight.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

The call will be made by the Southeastern Ohio District Athletic Board. Gallia County Schools can play in tournament games on days that they do not have school. If the roads clear up this afternoon I expect the game will be played tonight. 8)

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I thought St. Joe had a no school/no play policy. Can they tell the SE District board that they don't want to play and have the game rescheduled or is it totally decided by the District?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Gallia County Local has the same policy but it can play in tournament games. I would say that St. Joe's is about the same. Temps are surpose to raise and be in the 40's and into the high 30's into the early morning hours. I would guess this game will be played, if not I will be surprised.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Game is on tonight as scheduled!

GO REBELS, BEAT FLYERS! 8)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Any score yet?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

It just started at 8 so i doubt it will be up for a while

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

I think I missed my 1st update from RRR, the 1 year old is not cooperating. LOL

I have one sin, and that is that I want to win too badly.--Woody Hayes
TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Thanks..

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

SG won 70-66 in OT

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

YEAH!!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congrats to the Rebels on the win tonight over St. Joe. Keep up the good work and on to the next game.! 8)

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

South Gallia 70 Ironton St Joseph 66 OT

St Joe-------07-24-17-08-10---66
SouthGallia 12-11-21-12-14---70

St Joe scoring:

Harvey 23
Blair 10
Crossan 8
Gagai 3
Basedow 6