Alexander vs Fairland sectional finals

earp
S

Alexander vs Fairland sectional finals

Post by earp »

What does everyone think?I think this could be a pretty tight game.GO GREEN!

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

We have played both teams this year and I think Fairland will win this one.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

What was the score of Alexander and Peake?

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

70-56 Peake

spartacat
Freshman Team

Post by spartacat »

Good Luck to the Alexander Spartans on Saturday night!

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Good Luck Spartans represent the TVC well

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

The Alexander vs Peake game was a lot closer than the score. Going into the 4th it was a pretty tight game but Alex just fell apart. Barnhouse was in early foul trouble. I think the Spartans are capable of pulling this one off if Barnhouse performs like he can. They are also going to have to "contain" Lamb. Alex has came into the last 2 seasons as the favorable team to win and lost both times. Now they are the underdog so lets see how they play. If they dont play as a team it will be a long night for the Spartans. Keep it a low scoring game and dont try and make it a track meet.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Fairland needs to come out with alot of intensity and put the spartans away early and don't let up. I hope for a big crowd with lots of students screaming their little dragons head off. GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

Good luck Spartans. Let's keep teams in the TVC advancing! You will likely have several maroon/gold fans in the stands rooting for you tonight.

TroopSports
Freshman Team

Post by TroopSports »

This game can be heard on Power 105 in Athens. It will also be available online at Athensi.com.

Thanks.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

LETS GO SPARTANS!!!

from a Belpre fan

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Good Luck Spartans from Beautiful Downtown Sturt...

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Fairland........

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

Good luck to Alex

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Good Luck to the Dragons if the Pointers are out I always root for an OVC team and then a Lawrence County team unlike some Dragons who want the Pointers to lose to Ironton. ;-) ;-)

GoBUCKS2006
Waterboy

Post by GoBUCKS2006 »

Good Luck Dragons!

interception
Waterboy

Post by interception »

Say what you want and I know some of you that are brainwashed will. Alexander can beat the teams they are supposed to but very very rarely can they beat a team that on paper is a little better. Once again, no tournament run for the boys! Why oh why cant Coach Guthrie coach both the girls and boys?!! Notice they can beat the on paper better teams. That's because Coach Guthrie knows the game of basketball and can TEACH it. He knows how to DEVELOP talent. The boy's program at Alexander has not been able to do this for sometime. Say what you may, it's time for a change! It's time that Alex teams get to compete and beat teams at tournament time. You have the talent, now get the coach!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

SCORE????????

Gold.and.Green88
Freshman Team

Post by Gold.and.Green88 »

yes Yes.. Score?

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

interception wrote:Why oh why cant Coach Guthrie coach both the girls and boys?!! Notice they can beat the on paper better teams. That's because Coach Guthrie knows the game of basketball and can TEACH it. He knows how to DEVELOP talent. The boy's program at Alexander has not been able to do this for sometime. Say what you may, it's time for a change! It's time that Alex teams get to compete and beat teams at tournament time. You have the talent, now get the coach!

Although I think the world of Denton Guthrie and the job he has done in establishing the Alexander's girls program, to insinuate that Blaine Gabriel doesn't do a good job at the helm for the boys program is wrong. And no, I don't care what the outcome is in tonight's contest.

You've obviously got an axe to grinned.

Return to “Boys Basketball”