2/24 Ironton- 71 vs Peebles- 60

Amen Corner
Varsity

2/24 Ironton- 71 vs Peebles- 60

Post by Amen Corner »

This will be a good game.
Just got back from the Peebles Adena game and it was a thriller...
Peebles has some kids who can shoot the trifecta and they hustle.Also they hit the boards very well..

Ironton will bring a different defense than Adena played. Ironton will press and bring alot of guys off of the bench.Peebles only used 2 subs against Adena. That could be a factor late in the game.

Go Tigers

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Rebounding was definitely a big weakness early in the season for Peebles. They seemed to have really began to do a much better job the last few games boxing out and limiting teams to one shot. To advance in tournament play you can't give teams opportunities to get second chance points. Peebles did a great job on the big kid from Adena and kept him and their other athletic players off the glass. I haven't seen Ironton play this year, but I know Coach Lafon will have his kids ready to play.

Peebles must continue to play "team defense" and understand that is what is going to win games.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If Peebles can stay within 5 of the rebounding stat and close on turnovers.......it'll go either way.

Ironton's pressure is intense and more athletic than the SHL (thought NA is close) I can't see Peebles stopping Carter with man defense and they must crash the boards better than they have all season.

Ironton I imagine will lay #30 on Justice and Marc Carter can rattle many PG's with his quickness. Seaman or Stephens will be key in Peebles' chances.

It could be a tremendous game.

Mark LaFon is one heckuva coach....but the right refs could go against him.

I'll guess on Ironton....but I also guessed on Lynchburg and Adena...so best of luck Peebles!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Some info I found on Peebles

.......................................PPG......RPG.......3PTS.....3PT%...FT%
Justice WING 6-0 FR.........22........5..........47-129...36......72
Arnold WING 6-2 JR.........13.3......5.1.......22-88.....25......64
Seaman WING 6-0 So......12.4......7.3.......18-67.....27......70
Caudill F 6-0 JR................5.8........4..................................44
Stephens G 5-7 So..........5.2........3.6...............................63

Meade POST 6-3 JR..........4.7........3.1...............................71
Dunlap C 6-3 SR..............1.4.........2.2..............................17

Countryman G 5-5 FR
Lennert G 5-9 JR
Collier F 5-10 Soph
Brown F 6-1 FR
Reno F 6-1 SR
Hoggard F 6-2 JR
Johnson POST 6-3

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Peebles is a very young team...Most of there loses are from 10-2 pionts this season...so they have played some very good basketball this season..Now they are very young...but they can play some good basketball...Good luck to Peebles...I will be watching.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

ohbuckeye 1,
where did you get your stats on peebles from?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

sparky wrote:ohbuckeye 1,
where did you get your stats on peebles from?

maxpreps.com

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Good luck to the Tigers....Peebles is a good team but I will be there rooting the Tigers on....

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

What is Peebles record? Can Ironton handle the Justice boy?

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

4sporterEHS wrote:What is Peebles record? Can Ironton handle the Justice boy?

Peebles record is 11-11. Ironton plays an agressive style of defense and are very quick. I guess we will have to see if Peebles can withstand the constant pressure Ironton brings on Defense with their deep bench play.

GO TIGERS..............

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Peebles will be ready to go....they have all week to get ready.

IHSTiger81
Riding the Bench

Post by IHSTiger81 »

TAR HEEL FAN44 wrote:Peebles will be ready to go....they have all week to get ready.

Ironton will be ready to go....they have all week to get ready. :-D :-D :-D
GO TIGERS!!!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton vs Peebles 2-24

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Amen Corner wrote:This will be a good game.
Just got back from the Peebles Adena game and it was a thriller...
Peebles has some kids who can shoot the trifecta and they hustle.Also they hit the boards very well..

Ironton will bring a different defense than Adena played. Ironton will press and bring alot of guys off of the bench.Peebles only used 2 subs against Adena. That could be a factor late in the game.

Go Tigers

Looking at their stats they only go about 2 deep on the bench.

orange crush
JV Team

Post by orange crush »

if they only have 2 subs then they better be in amazing shape in to attempt to run with ironton

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Peebles doesn't have a football program do they? ... enough said ... the Ironton team will come out as they have of late looking to bang bodies, use their bench - they have done a good job of getting opponents "out of their game" - put them in "bash brother" mode so to speak ... obviously the quickness, bench, fresh legs of Ironton WILL be a major factor in this one ... IF the officiating crew calls it close - Peebles WILL have a chance ... IF the officiating crew let's this turn into "3 yards and cloud of dust" - Ironton moves on ... the more this one LOOKS like a basketball game the better chance of Peebles moving on ...

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Geesh why can't you just give Ironton credit and move on. You act like Ironton is the only team to ever get rough in a basketball game. How many games have you watched Ironton play this year? Logan didn't do too bad a job of playing rough this year either :roll:

Good luck to the Tigers....Just saw Peebles play last night and they never gave up. They are quick and they go after the ball...Hoping for a good game with the Tigers advancing..

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Without any meant bashing of Ironton...I agree a good bit with pfloyd.

Peebles has more fire power but they need to have a chip on their shoulder to get past Ironton.

Peebles must crash the boards like they never have before.

...but Peebles CAN win this game.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Pfloyd have you saw Peebles play this year?

Ironman I agree both teams have a chance. That is why we play the game but I think the Tigers are clicking as a team right now and they are not ready for baseball/track yet.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If you ask me they are both clicking and started the clicking about the same time.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

I agree and I think it will be a good game. I can see who you want to win and that is fine with me :lol: But I will be rooting for the Tigers.

Safe travel for all and a nice clean game by both teams.

Return to “Boys Basketball”