2/24 Wheelersburg vs. Piketon

Who's going to win?

Total votes: 0

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

2/24 Wheelersburg vs. Piketon

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Game is next Sunday at 7:15pm at the Convo. Winner advances to the District finals.

Burg is playing some really good ball right now. Defense has been just about lights out over the last 8-10 games. Lot of experience at the convo for the Burg in this game. Three of the players have played 8 games on that floor over the last two seasons.

If Burg plays like they have been, they can win this game. need to play smart and keep distributing the ball. Lot of unselfishness on this team that has led to some nice assist.

Good luck Pirates in the district semifinals.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

here is a lil somethin for my burgites

at Piketon (OH)
Wheelersburg (OH) 72, Piketon (OH) 43

at Wheelersburg (OH)
Wheelersburg (OH) 74, Piketon (OH) 41

at neutral site
Wheelersburg (OH) 73, Piketon (OH) 42

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Wow, that sure is a big point spread for the Streaks to overcome. Let us not forget that I believe 81' season when Piketon knocked off highly rated Ironton in the sectional semis.

Should be an entertaining game, Piketon is the underdog. Coach Barrick was at the game last night, I told him he didnt need to scout either team, he should have no problem with either one. For some reason he didnt believe me. Good luck to both, I for one respect the Burgs history in all sports, however, I think my Streaks have a good shot at this one.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

eagles73 wrote:Wow, that sure is a big point spread for the Streaks to overcome. Let us not forget that I believe 81' season when Piketon knocked off highly rated Ironton in the sectional semis.

Please ignore the cal preps predictions that maddogg has posted. It's something he posts for each Wheelersburg game. The predictions are normally way off, so they have no bearing on what most Pirate fans think about the game.

I think this well be a close game. The key for the Pirates, imo, is Matt Jenkins. If he plays like he did Friday night and be in control of the game, I look for the Pirates to pull away early in the fourth.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

We here in the village know that this will be a test of wills and skills! Hey, I think I will coin that phrase, how do I get hold of the patents office?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This will be Piketon's last game....solid season though!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Someone have there common opponets?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Someone have there common opponets?

Burg over Ironton 65-52
Burg over Lucasville 56-30
Burg over Lucaville 72-50

Piketon over Ironton 76-66
Piketon over Lucasville 74-62

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Wheelersburg

Dec. 11 Ironton W 63-52
Dec. 14 Northwest W 62-49
Jan. 8 @Valley W 56-30
Jan. 22 @Northwest W 50-40
Feb. 1st Valley W 72-50

Piketon

Nov. 27 Northwest W 68-61
Jan. 19th Ironton W 76-66
Feb 13th Valley W 74-62

Piketons losses
Greenfield McClain
Huntington Ross X2
Zane Trace
Mifflin
Southeastern
Adena

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I believe they both played Northwest as well. Piketon very early in the season and Burg twice during the SOC.

The Piketon vs. Westfall game last night was very physical. Burg will have to be ready to go for 4 quarters come Sunday night.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Alabama, I made the comment last night after the game that Westfall was an athletic a team Piketon had faced all year, they just arent true bball players. I look for a fun game, Piketon will have to box out and limit the Pirates to one and done, which is harder said than done.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

They also scrimmaged in the preseason against each other. It was the week after the Fredericktown game so only some of the starters/varsity was present for Wheelersburg. But Piketon could certainly be described as 'winning' the scrimmage.

But they will have seen Andy and Matt Stegman, Dustin Robertson, Daniel Armstrong, Brandon Schankweiler and Shane Ward before.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

maddogg, Quit giving the other teams lockerroom material.

I agree with socfan in the fact that if Matt Jenkins continues his stellar play, the Burg can go far. He makes the Pirates go and IMO is the best point guard in the area.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Piketon can beat the burg, but they have to play up to their potential.

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
REDSTREAKFAN
Waterboy

Post by REDSTREAKFAN »

Keep the bulletin board material coming!!! The posts and other materials are already in the lockerroom...All the pressure is on the BURG...They've been there 3 years in a row, and they have all the experience...I promise you those Piketon boys will hear it all week about the BURG...But they won't show up scared!

Don't forget...Preseason, many Burg fans made the statement Piketon wouldn't have a chance if the "football players" were back in their scrimmage when Piketon won that...The Piketon team hasn't forgotten that, either....Well, we'll see come Sunday night...When Piketon wins, I can't wait to hear the excuses then!

WE ARE...PIKETON!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The other 3 games of the district semis can go either way.......I just don't see this game going to Piketon.

Both have improved from early obviously...but Burg has the tradition of advancing in the Convo and they just don't get upset in the tourney.

If things go great for Piketon and bad for Burg...Burg still wins.

I'd guess Burg by 15

REDSTREAKFAN
Waterboy

Post by REDSTREAKFAN »

Ironman, I don't think you've given Piketon much of a chance all year long...But again, that's why you play the game!

Most teams fear the Burg....This Piketon team doesn't fear anyone...That's why we played Columbus Mifflin, and Ironton, and Greenfield McClain...We played Trotwood Madison, Cincinnati Oak Hills, Dayton North at Miami University...We aren't scheduling cupcakes if you haven't noticed...

Again, We'll show up ready to play!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I haven't given Piketon much of a chance all year long??? Examples?

I don't in any way think Piketon will be intimidated or not ready as I think Lisath is one of the best in the district.....I do think their youth and tournament inexperience will be a factor.

Burg is the two time defending regional champs...it's not like I'm picking just anyone over you guys.

REDSTREAKFAN
Waterboy

Post by REDSTREAKFAN »

Big Difference...6'8"...Camden Miller

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

piketon has to defend spradlin and contain jenkins and they will have a good chance ........they need to get spradlin in foul trouble .....
prediction : whoever wants it the most will win ......... :-D

Return to “Boys Basketball”