N.A. should take this one.. I would say N.A. by 10

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

Good luck Fairland.

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Wow! North Adams by 10? I must admit that I have not seen North Adams this year but they must be very good! Fairland is a really nice team with a big man that I would put right up there with Vinton County's Guthrie. Fairland seems like they are playing with some confidence right now. I think this game will be close! 8)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This game is a tough pick for sure. I'll go with North Adams.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Coach Young and his staff were sitting close by at last nights game between Fairland and Alexander ... had to have learned a lot from that one - I did ... the Dragons HAVE some very good basketball players - I've always been a big fan of Dustin Bumgardner the young man does many things right on the basketball court ... seems to be a "cleanup type" player on offense for the Dragons ... I really like how he always keeps the ball up on rebounds ready for the put back ... Lamb has no problems with outside range (6 treys last night) ... loves that deep set shot from the corner ... good cast of characters handling the ball in Hatfield/Jordan/Bloomfield ... what were some of the 'things" that the Dragons showed that could be exploited ? ... 9/19 from the line (through the :40 mark of the 4th period - I left at that point LOL) ... the Dragons showed an "undisciplined/out of control" side - some very, very quick shots in that 2nd quarter where FHS didn't set up any type of offense - tried to beat Alexander down court - the result being poor shot selection by the perimeter people, no one in rebounding position, only 7 points in the 2nd quarter, losing the lead being outscored 17-7 going into half time ... I saw poor perimeter defense from the Dragons on Frost - allowed him to get into the paint/creating shots on the perimeter for Alex ... with that said the Dragons are STILL young!!! LOL I looked at the roster - only Bumgardner as the lone senior ... imo Fairland will have to play much better than last night to beat a solid , well coached North Adams ball club ...

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

How many starters are returning from last year's team? That is the last time I saw them play when the beat Ironton in the foul fest at the Convo.

Good luck to both teams but I will be rooting for the Dragons since are our neighbors.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Rhiannon ... I believe everyone is back from last years starting cast for the Dragons ... may have had a player move before the season started - my mind ? all these teams? I'm fried LOL ... one of the FHS soepsters can for sure help us out on this one ... seems like the current cast of players have been around forever! and they have yet another year !!!! ...

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

I meant North Adams pfloyd. Sorry for not making myself clear. Ironton played North Adams last year when there most have been 60 some fouls called in that game.

earp
S

Post by earp »

That is quite a scouting report PFloyd!You seem to really know the game.And everything you said is true.It almost seems like a coach talking. 8)

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

The dragons lost Jake Lucas off last years team. Pfloyd your right on about FHS's achilles which is shot selection. If we would ever show patience we would be hard to beat. Fairland will have to play better to beat a good defensive NA squad. Does NA still play alot of players?

the manager
Waterboy

Post by the manager »

North Adams returns three starters and typically goes 9 deep.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... North Adams played 8 when I saw them at the Convo vs Waterford ... starters for that one were Sam Louden/Kraig Unger (really like this kid)/Stephen Sparks/Carter Nehus/Tyler Rothwell ... with Sparks as the only senior in the lineup ...

... Coach Young is one of the best (even getting the heaveho from that last Convo appearance vs Waterford - my guess Coach Young will stay courtside in this one LOL ) ...

earp - no coach here LOL but I have spent time at a Holiday Inn Express or two LOL ... if you ask most here in Logan (coaching wise)- they would much rather have me keep my "fingers" quiet on the puter LOL ...

earp
S

Post by earp »

Hey PFloyd I like the Grimace meets the hippo avatar you have there.I think I have used that dance move a couple of times and believe me that was scary 8)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

^^^^^^^ LOL

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

Vs. ZT I guess you could say it was a tale of two halves. NA came out firing the first half and led by around 15 (30-15). They had a solid 3rd quarter (has been somewhat of an achilles heel this season) and had somewhat of a letdown in the 4th allowing ZT to scratch their way back in it. NA had several careless turnovers and ZT finally got some outside shots to fall that allowed ZT to make things interesting.

Congrats to NA, I'll be cheering you on Sunday!

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

No doubt, both of these teams had good regular season...but I think North Adams is too strong...they do alot of good things on the floor and can play very good defense.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

If North Adams can put together two halves like the first half of the Zane Trace game they would be very difficult to beat. My biggest concern is the number of offensive rebound N.A. gives up. They could have really put the game out of reach Friday if they hadn't given up so many second chance shots. If they get that corrected and maintain focus for the whole game I like their chances at the Convo.
Hats off to Coach Young and his staff. It's amazing what he has been able to do during his time at North Adams. If I'm not mistaken this is the 7th year in a row going to the Convo.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... if I'm Coach Young and staff my focus defensively would be to make the FHS guards "beat me" ... take away Lamb's perimeter "set shot" /force him to move to get his shot , he doesn't appear to have the foot speed to get to he rim off the dribble ... Lamb CAN pass the ball - he and Bumgardner have a nice "inside passing game" especially when teams help on either one of them - NA will have to matchup on the big boyz and stay at home to take away that interior passing game while keeping Lamb moving on the perimeter ... the perimeter people for FHS force a lot of shots , "go through moments" of being "out of control" - vs good ball clubs those "moments" can be the ones that decide whether you "survive and advance" or stay home for the next game ...

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Size shouldn't be a problem for North Adams but they too go through their frenzied moments.

Return to “Boys Basketball”