State Tourny Overrated......?

The Rocket
Waterboy

State Tourny Overrated......?

Post by The Rocket »

Who cares about the tournament, all of this talk about tourny time and not enough about the teams LEAGUE!

opinions......?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I care and so does pretty much everyone else.

Would you seriously rather win a league title over a State Title? a Regional Title? Even a District Title? I would rather win my league than win a Sectional, but that's it.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

You might ask South Point. Weren't they 20-0 then lost in the first round. No matter what they say that takes a bite out of a good season. Don't under estimate what a good tourney run means.

earp
S

Post by earp »

If you would ever go to a state tournament Rocket I guarantee you that you would see it all a different way. ;-)

The Rocket
Waterboy

Been there Done that

Post by The Rocket »

OK EARP I've been there and won it all. Sure it was fun but I hate myself for not putting it all on the line for the league championship, thats all I'm trying to say guys. Dont get mad at me I just want the kids to focus on their leagues and forget about the tournament. ;-) back at ya! :lol:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

If you've been there and won it all, then you'd realize that the league title didn't matter in the long run.

When I was a senior in baseball, we won our league, but lost in the District Semi's, it was a good season, but not great. Because, we didn't do anything in the State Tournament.

The Rocket
Waterboy

AND ONCE AGAIN

Post by The Rocket »

I HAVE ALSO BEEN THERE IN BASEBALL AND WON IT ALL. Its all the same baseball, baskeball, soccer, swimming, weight lifting, wrestling,golf. Ive been there in all of them and there is nothing much more important than winning THE LEAGUE.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION
stop yelling at me! :mad:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

LOL, no one but you is yelling.

It's your opinion, I'm guessing no one will share it with you though.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Oh Im not mad at all?YOu are entitled to youre opinion.YOu say you have won it all in all of these sports,Where did you play?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Roger Clemens, where did you go to school that you won a state title in basketball and baseball?

The Rocket
Waterboy

Post by The Rocket »

small school in southern ohio

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I am sorry, could you be a little more specific?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Sounds like a load of bull to me. Of course the tourney matters. Would you honestly want to be the winner of your league or, the STATE CHAMPION??? There is no comparison. Winning the league is fantastic but, I would take a state championship over the league championship anyday.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

There has been no small schools in Southern Ohio that have won a basketball and baseball state title in the same 4 years, so what are you trying to get at?

Are you trying to be funny?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I believe he is a dirty liar.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

I doubt the rocket even won the league let alone all those other state championships at a small school in southern ohio.

Not sure he/she even played unless in the band.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

To watch or be involved in a state championship game is a different feeling. Winning a league is good, but every single athlete in this state would trade that for a state, regional or even district title in a New York minute.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

No doubt. I just think the Rocket has lost his marbles.

wemufans
All Conference

Re: AND ONCE AGAIN

Post by wemufans »

The Rocket wrote:I HAVE ALSO BEEN THERE IN BASEBALL AND WON IT ALL. Its all the same baseball, baskeball, soccer, swimming, weight lifting, wrestling,golf. Ive been there in all of them and there is nothing much more important than winning THE LEAGUE.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION
stop yelling at me! :mad:

How in the heck did you play in all those sports at one season (soccer and golf,)( basketball, wrestling and swimming) are all during the same season! ;-)

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Its a great time no matter if you participate or if you are a spectator, great experience for eveyone.

Return to “Boys Basketball”