Freshman Team

2/29 Chillicothe vs Logan Elm

Post by beezee420 »

any thoughts??

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Re: Chillicothe vs Logan Elm 2-29-08

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

I Look for this to be a very close game and wouldnt be surprised to see LE pull off the upset.

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

hate to say it but i'll take chilli by 15.

gobraves90
Waterboy

Post by gobraves90 »

It may very be Chilli by 15, but one thing is for sure; Logan Elm is going to come out with something for CHS on the defensive end. Coach Stiverson has a whole week to come up with something that CHS hasn't seen. It will probably be a gamble, and it might not work, but the Braves will have something, and they won't go down without a fight. What is going to make it tough is the balance Chillicothe can offer on the offensive end. Logan Elm hasn't seen that kind of balance since playing DeSales a couple of years ago.

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

The one thing that I've noticed about defenses thrown at the Cavs is that none of them have been able to slow down Hitchens, even against some of the best teams in the state. I believe that part alone would be enough to put CHS (a team i do not support:just for some clarity) in the win column by about 15. I may be wrong though, because I have never watched Logan Elm play so I do not know their style or what type of players they have.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I will say that Hitchens and Chambers will both have field days. I have Chilly winning this game.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

No body will slow down Mr Hitchen's.Cav's to the final 4 ...

GO SEOAL

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Heart says Logan Elm, head says Chillicothe.

Logan Elm can just roll the ball out and play. Few outside the reservation expect them to be even competitive with Chillicothe. The Braves are going to throw out a good defense against Chilli and make them work extremely hard. I hope to see the upset but I've been pleased with this Logan Elm team if it doesn't happen. They struggled early with some injuries but have won 14 of their last 15. This is their third appearance in the district title game in four years. Coach Stiverson and crew do a good job with the program.

Hitchens is such a difference maker on the floor and is very smooth. Chambers is a beast inside, and then you add good players like Stu Beverly, Dawes, etc. A very good package.

gobraves90
Waterboy

Post by gobraves90 »

I think you have pretty well summed up the reservation's feelings at this point. Logan Elm has been able to take care of the things they could control. I'd say 90% or more of the teams in the state, including some with better talent than LE, can't say that. I know its a little off topic, but your could also say that about the LE girls basketball team, too. After a very rough fall sports season with a lot of hurt feelings on Tarlton Road, this winter was badly needed. And the potential is there to make it even better next year.

This is not sound as though this year is over yet. We have one more game to play, and who knows what can happen there!

:-D

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Logan Elm has gotten everything out of itself and more, on both the boys and girls side. To me, that's all you can ask. It was needed very much after this fall, and the future looks bright next year as you said for both basketball teams. But Logan Elm still has a game left. Go out, play your best and see what happens. I do hope to see a good crowd follow the team down and offer support. The crowd was off against Warren, but I chalk that up to the bad weather because we almost turned back. Hopefully see a traditionally strong following by the reservation.

downtown22
Waterboy

Post by downtown22 »

I have only seen LE play once this year, at Adena. They went into Adena and lost in a close battle with the Warriors. I have seen Chilli 2 times this year, 1st game of the season against Brookhaven and just a couple weeks ago when they played at home agaist Zville. They lost both as well. I know LE has had to have gotten better to be in the district finals, but i just dont think they have enough manpower to handle the offensive explosivness of Chilli, and the In-your-face "D" that CHS will throw out at them. THey have some nice players in Congrove and Blake and a decent Big man(not sure of his name). But nothing that can compare to the likes of CHS's starting five. Humpty Hitchens is by far the best player in SE ohio, and most of Ohio at his PG position, and Ray Chambers is a man amongst boys when he wants to be. (key: when he wants to be!) Sure shot Stuuuuuu Beverly, Defensive lockdown Caleb Knights steps into his role nicely, and then jr. forward Seth Dawes can put up double digits any night. I know LE will have somethin up there sleeves, but i just dont see it slowing the Cavs down on this night. Good luck to both teams, but i gotta go with Chilli BIIIIG, Chillicothe 77 Logan Elm 51. "hump" focuses more on the sweet dishes than shooting, 21 pts 7 asst, Ray goes for 18 and 12, 4 monster blocks, give Stuuu Beverly 16 pts 3 treys for him, and give Dawes 11 pts and Knights 5 but plays within his role and gets a few steals in his pocket!, and i know Chilli doesnt go to the bench to much but give Ron Smith some pts, Chilli's bench will get 6

Dont be shocked to see Chilli @ the Schott! Its not something that cant be reached, get everyone on the same page, play the way you know how to play and represent Southern Ohio, and Ross County!
Last edited by downtown22 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ibleedblue24
Waterboy

Post by ibleedblue24 »

keep the SEOAL in the win column!!....

Army
S

Post by Army »

Got to go with my CAVS big over Logan Elm if they play like they did against Hillsboro and Marietta. :-D

GO CAVS :!:

GO SEOAL :!:
Last edited by Army on Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Could be closer than what most think but the Cavs will get the win. 8)

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I will be at the Convo Friday to watch both district final games.

Chillicothe was my preseason pick to win the Athens regional, and nothing has changed my mind along the way. What makes CHS so tough is their stifling defense.......although it is their offense that probably gets most of the attention, with Hitchens, Chambers, and Co.

Chillicothe simply doesn't allow teams to set up their offense out front.....and if a team's guards are being hounded trying to set up an offense.....it makes it difficult to have an offense at all. Look at the scores of the majority of Cavaliers' games. They just simply have not allowed most teams to score enough points to threaten them.

Logan Elm is a program that has done very well under Coach Stiverson. They have consistently competed for league titles and district championships during his tenure. And I do remember a game a couple of years ago in the regionals against Zanesville..........

Not many people, including myself, gave the Braves much of a chance vs. the Blue Devils. But Logan Elm took ZHS into double OT before losing.......

Chillicothe should win this game if they do what they've been doing all year long.....playing smothering defense on the perimeter. But it is the tournament and you must show up every game and play your best.......

Army
S

Post by Army »

I think that if the CAVS play as they did against Marietta, this game could turn ugly for bmans braves in a short time. :-D

Good Luck to both teams :!:

GO CAVS :!: :-D

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

hey army me and tank were wondering if you were going to the game on friday if so we wanted to ask you if we could go will chip in on gas since its in athens?

Army
S

Post by Army »

I'll be riding with my brother and my son. We are riding in his pickup truck. Sorry guys :!:

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Army wrote:I'll be riding with my brother and my son. We are riding in his pickup truck. Sorry guys :!:

Hey Army...if you're coming through McArthur, could you pick me up and toss me back in the bed. I'll wear a parka and should be good until we get to the Convo. :lol:

Army
S

Post by Army »

You'll be froze dude. :shock: :-D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”