3/1 Western Indians VS. Waterford Wildcats

Who's going to win?

Total votes: 0

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

3/1 Western Indians VS. Waterford Wildcats

Post by thecinderellapick »

i think western has a GOOD chance at winning this one, just as long as Shanks is on "archie" cunningham. just teasing about the name... i know he has to get it a lot. but seriously i think it will be a very interesting, nail-biting game right up til the end. anyone else want to chip in an opinion?

olay135
Freshman Team

Re: 3/1 Western Indians VS. Waterford Wildcats

Post by olay135 »

I think if the Wildcats play like they did against East they will win. If they play like they did against SG they will lose. But I think the game agaist East was a real confidence booster and I look to see a good Wildcat team on Saturday.

GO WILDCATS!!!!!

Doctor
Waterboy

Post by Doctor »

If waterford played like they did tonight it will be a good game and the outcome of it will be waterford prevailing once again.. Western from what I saw is a pretty good team and they match up better than east did.. hopefully western puts up a better fight than east did because most of the waterford fans were taking naps about the middle of the third...Waterford really gelled tonight and if it keeps up it could be deadly for the western folks...

RANDOMGUY
Riding the Bench

Post by RANDOMGUY »

Did Western play East this year? Outcome?

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Western-59 @East 65
@Western 43 - East-37

AVG Score
East 51
Western 51

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

the scores of western's games dont do the team justice. @ east shanks was battling the flu and STILL played. im not saying that this was the reason for the loss, but when one player is having a bad night, anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that it affects the entire team. also according to the program they sold last night, eastern has beat waterford earlier in the season, so ANYTHING can happen, especially in tournament play. i think western will be a better match up than east due to if nothing more than their size. the indians have 4 guys AT LEAST 6'3 or taller. but i guess we'll all just have to wait and see the outcome on saturday. i dont know about you all, but i can't wait!

RANDOMGUY
Riding the Bench

Post by RANDOMGUY »

After watching Western last night, I do not think those scores do them justice at all, BUT...

It does give insight to thier consistancy against a common opponent. Western will match up better against Waterford, but Waterford should control thier destiny if they control thier attitudes.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Talking about the East vs. Western games during the regular season. Shanks may not have been himself in the loss at East, but Dickerson who is East's leading scorer didn't even play at all in the loss at Western.

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

The Indians need to bring their 'A' game for all four quarters. If they do that, they will be hard to stop. I think this will be a good game.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

LETS GO WILDCATS!!!

from a Belpre fan

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

bucknut 23 wrote:Talking about the East vs. Western games during the regular season. Shanks may not have been himself in the loss at East, but Dickerson who is East's leading scorer didn't even play at all in the loss at Western.

i didnt know this when i posted. but it just goes to show that one guy CAN make or break a team, as well as the game's outcome. GOOOOO INDIANS!!!!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

What day is the game at the Convo?

RANDOMGUY
Riding the Bench

Post by RANDOMGUY »

SEE SUBJECT TITLE @ NOON

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

It will be interesting, i wish it wasnt the early game on saturday though. The cats should win this one:

Waterford 53
Western 44

Joesouth
Riding the Bench

Post by Joesouth »

Should be a real BARN BURNER!!!!!!!!!!

GO INDIANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Good Luck to Waterford Wildcats from A Vinton County Viking Fan & A Cats Fan

:lol: :lol:

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I have only seen Western play once. I am trying to figure out how they won as many as they did. They were very lucky against a very young and average at best Eastern team. Just an observation is all, maybe they have played a lot better. But I still see their ball skills as challenged, they pick up their dribble a long ways from the basket.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

It looks like Waterord may have found their winning form again. If this is the case I look for a 10-15 pt win. The Cats have some horses, but have to maintain their composure. If they play like they are capable they will be a very tough out for whomever they play.

Waterford 61
Western 48

RANDOMGUY
Riding the Bench

Post by RANDOMGUY »

Composure is key.

I hope, for Waterford's sake, that all this back patting after the win over East does not swell thier heads and make them lose focus. Western will come Sat. with every intention of repeating as District champs.

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Spartan wrote:I have only seen Western play once. I am trying to figure out how they won as many as they did. They were very lucky against a very young and average at best Eastern team. Just an observation is all, maybe they have played a lot better. But I still see their ball skills as challenged, they pick up their dribble a long ways from the basket.

a team cant just be "lucky" and be tied for second in their league, be sectional champs, AND be playing in the district championship game. maybe you should watch a team more than once before voicing your opinion. the indians had a rough start monday, ill agree, but wouldnt YOU be a little nervous if YOU had to play on that floor in front of all those people? i think everyone in their right mind would. cut them some slack. they ARE still kids ya know...

Return to “Boys Basketball”