2008 BACF Basketball Classic

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Re: 2008 BACF Basketball Classic

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

If Ohio would have had Chris Eldridge on the sidelines then it wouldnt have even been a game at the 12:38 mark
Or better yet Chris Eldridge(the best assistant ever in southeast ohio)
alongside Head Coach Jay Kline
That would just be unfair for wv though
could u imagine the coaching of kline and the style of chris eldridge with his gelled hair
ohio would win because of kline and look good doing it because of eldridge

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

any dunks stand out?
I called this winner from the get-go... :122249

if my 3point candidate would have participated I would have really looked good! :(

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

hawkeyepierce wrote:SD, I was at the game so I will comment. Coach Combs and Coach S. treated the game as it was meant to be...an exhibition game. However, the WVA side thought that they were playing for the NBA Championship. WVA's Dusty Mullins, Ben Wise (Ravenswood), Dewey Young (Ripley) and Andy Morris (Park South) (all studs by the way), entered the game at the 12:38 mark left in the second half and never came out. They took a nip and tuck game out to the 11 point final margin. Mullins hit four threes down the stretch and just about everyone of those shot were contested, he is a very nice player. Parkersburg Catholic's Britt West played approximately three and half minutes out of the 22 minutes in the second half. Coach C and Coach S tried their best to make sure that all of their 16 players played about the same amount of minutes.

And at one point in the second half the foul ratio was lopsided, 9 against Ohio and 3 against WVA.

Is this game ever played in Ohio?

I thought the same thing. All the kids on the Ohio squad played about the same amount of time, while WV left their 3 studs in most of the 2nd half, including all of the last 12 minutes like you said. Mullins just got hot, and when a player that good gets hot there isnt a whole lot anyone is gonna do about it because he wasnt getting any easy looks. I think there might have even been a kid on the WV team from Braxton (maybe) that saw even less minutes than West. but oh well, for a good cause and the kids had fun doing it and getting to play with some of the guys they have been playing against for the last 4 years or longer.

..and warriorfan....if Hooper could have put down the windmill off the bounce it would have been real nice, but he just couldnt get it to stay down. Call had some nice dunks, and so did the Smith kid for Wahama, thought he might have won it if he would have made all of his dunks. Call also threw one down in warm ups off of the back wall that was pretty impressive.

dish it
Riding the Bench

Post by dish it »

it was a real fun game to watch, no doubt about it. I was sitting behind the ohio bench and the boys were having a good time playing together and getting to know each other. it was great to see them all get equal playing and they really had alot af fun! thanks to all the seniors who played in it!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”