DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

Sectional drawing is less than a month away with a lot of basketball still left to be played. What are some predictions?

1. East
2. Eastern
3. Peebles
4. Notre Dame
5. Clay
6. South Webster
7. Western
8. Manchester
9. Fairfield
10. Whiteoak
11. New Boston

1-5 could all easily change due to remaining games left to be played. I have Eastern ahead of Peebles since Eastern beat Peebles and Peebles could easily be a 1 seed. 1-3 could change at any given time. Clay still has East, Eastern, and Notre Dame left. They could jump up as well.Notre Dame ahead of Clay since ND beat clay. South Webster is going to be handful for any team. They easily could be in the top 5 if they didn't play in the SOC II. Not sure about 8-10, those all could flip. A lot of basketball left to be played but this sectional is TOUGH!

art_vandelay
SE

Re: DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by art_vandelay »

1. Eastern
2. Peebles
3. East
4. Notre Dame
5. Clay
6. Western
7. South Webster
8. Leesburg Fairfield
9. Manchester
10. Whiteoak
11. New Boston

Still a lot of basketball left before the draw, so may see some movement. But this sectional is as deep of a SE Ohio D4 sectional as I can remember, so no gimme sectional championships this year.*

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Anyone who doesn't have Peebles and Webster on the same "line" has absolutely no clue how this works. (Both the above posters do) HAHA!

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

Webster will be very scary come tournament time!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good point....Peebles and Webster will be facing off in the sectional finals.....but it will be more difficult than usual to do.

The SOC side, especially with now having tough Eastern with a great great coach, is as strong as I can remember it. The SOC teams should've trying to avoid each other instead of avoiding the SHAC which isn't very strong this year.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

South Webster could definitely 'upset' any of the higher seeds in the sectional. They've only had one "bad loss" and that was in 2 OT against Western with their 2 best players fouled out before overtime (and a 3rd starter didn't play as he was out with a concussion).

Not taking anything away from Western, they won the game. I'm just saying that other than that, South Webster has played great against D4 teams (including knocking off the potential #1 seed East). Western loss doesn't look great, but they have more quality wins to argue their resume. SOC II is loaded!

As I said early in the season, this will be the most competitive D4 Sectional we've seen in quite some time.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Crab's Brother wrote:Anyone who doesn't have Peebles and Webster on the same "line" has absolutely no clue how this works. (Both the above posters do) HAHA!
There it is! SOC I should be able to get 3 teams to the Convo by doing it this way. Won't be as egregious this year though as SOC I is a strong conference at the top. Webster may have been able to avoid it, but after losing to Western on Saturday, Jeeps are likely locked in for a game against Peebles regardless of what happens before the draw.*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

My guess is it goes something like this:

1. East
2. Peebles
3. Eastern
4. Notre Dame
5. Clay
6. South Webster
7. Western
8. Manchester
9. Leesburg Fairfield
10. New Boston
11. Whiteoak

However, if the SOC coaches are smart they'll vote together and not have that many SOC matchups.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Right now I'd have it.

1.Peebles
2.East
3.Eastern
4.Notre Dame
5.Clay
6.Western
7.South Webster
8.Fairfield
9.Manchester
10.White oak
11.New Boston

Things could change a lot next few weeks, but I think Peebles still deserves to be the 1 seed..only 2 losses and both are very good losses to Portsmouth and Eastern Pike

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

beaverlover wrote:Right now I'd have it.

1.Peebles
2.East
3.Eastern
4.Notre Dame
5.Clay
6.Western
7.South Webster
8.Fairfield
9.Manchester
10.White oak
11.New Boston

Things could change a lot next few weeks, but I think Peebles still deserves to be the 1 seed..only 2 losses and both are very good losses to Portsmouth and Eastern Pike
your right beaverlover peebles would be my #1 seed too they are a good team with just the 2 losses and not bad losses they are the team to try to knock off that #1 seed. I figure the soc coaches will stick togrther.

GO EAGLES
Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

you can't justify Webster over western. They beat them on a neutral court. One of the above poster said that Webster had their best player foul out before overtime. That is incorrect. Webster had their best player until about 2 min left in the second overtime. In my opinion western has to be locked into that 6 right now.

1. Peebles
2. East
3. Eastern
4. Notre dame
5. Clay
6. Western
7. Webster
8. Fairfield
9. Manchester
10. White oak
11. Glenwood

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Western24 wrote:you can't justify Webster over western. They beat them on a neutral court. One of the above poster said that Webster had their best player foul out before overtime. That is incorrect. Webster had their best player until about 2 min left in the second overtime. In my opinion western has to be locked into that 6 right now.

1. Peebles
2. East
3. Eastern
4. Notre dame
5. Clay
6. Western
7. Webster
8. Fairfield
9. Manchester
10. White oak
11. Glenwood
beaverlover and myself have western at the 6 above Webster.

GO EAGLES
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Who has Western defeated besides SW and who has SW defeated that allows them to surpass Western?

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Right brown22, I saw that you did. I was just stating my opinion to the others that have Webster above Western.

Western beat Webster straight up.

Webster has beat Portsmouth East at Webster, and Western lost to East at Western on a buzzer beater by Akia Brown. Western has 7 wins:

Symmes Valley, Green, Glenwood, Webster, Whiteoak, Piketon, Manchester

I am not sure of the wins for Webster except I do know they have beat east.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Again, Peebles will determine the Webster seed. Just how it works. Not saying it is right. Just how it is.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Crabs brother
I think u r right on this , Peebles will b playing Webster, like u said that is just the way it is , for prolly the last 10-15 years eastern has played in the wellston sectional, then it was moved to Meigs , playing against the Tvc schools, and you always knew who we were gonna get matched up against , the team no one wanted to play in the sectionals , that had a deceiving record from a tough schedule or had a player out , that was back at tourney time , u just knew that's who u were gonna get matched up against .
Unless Peebles just deserves the 1 seed with no doubt , then I don't think they would put Webster at 8.
But this goes on in just about every sectional in the southeast district.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Peebles will have to play perfect to win out. It will be really tough. They have Lynchburg Clay x2,Eastern Brown,rest of Shac to go, and A very very good Cincinnati Summit Country Day team to go. I figure they will end at 17 and 5 record.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Summit country day has lost to Taft and Purcel Marion. Zaire Davis and the rest of the team are beasts. I can't wait for this game at Peebles January the 30th.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Looks like this topic is the start of that dreaded time of year when all teams are better than their record, their conference is better than the others and coaches only care about their own team. Shame on them! We know it as tournament seeding. Should be the most exciting time of the season for fans,players and coaches. Looks like the Northwest sectional championships should be very exciting. I have been a part of sectional seeding years ago where top seeds were set and remaining teams/coaches could pick their spot/seed on the board as to who they wanted to play. Not sure there will ever be a system that everyone would agree with the outcome.If nothing else makes for great discussion, even if you believe everybody else is wrong. Stay healthy and good luck to all our area teams in the tournament. Now i feel better. This was influenced by the snowstorm!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Rodeo1 wrote:Summit country day has lost to Taft and Purcel Marion. Zaire Davis and the rest of the team are beasts. I can't wait for this game at Peebles January the 30th.
They just beat Taft by 21 tonight. That's a real nice win.

Will be a huge test for the Indians, but one that should prepare them for a tournament run.

Return to “Boys Basketball”