District all star game at Rio Grande

throwitdown
Freshman Team

District all star game at Rio Grande

Post by throwitdown »

Did anybody go to this game? #12 from Ironton was the mvp for D-3,4 and Craig Call from Warren was mvp from D-1,2. The game itself was entertaining even though it was lopsided, with the d-3,4 team winning by +20. It may have been a better game had Guthrie played, because they had no inside presence without him. D-3,4 had several good players that contributed. The Rock Hill and Chesapeake kids were fun to watch, maybe a little flashy but heck its an all-star game have fun. They were fun to watch. I was really impressed with the post kid from Fairland. Obviously the Ironton kid was a good point guard and could stroke it from deep. Duncan from South Galia was solid as well. Simms Valley had a nice player too that could handle it and shoot it. I also don't want to forget to mention that the tvc was represented well with Cory Vales being very active on the boards and making good athletic plays as he always does. Hoge played a solid all around game, and Rawson was blue collar like always. Standley had a few buckets as well. Vales won the dunk contest which was very entertaining, defeating the 2-time defending champ from rock hill. Johnson from eastern can really get up as well but he had nothing for Vales. Cunningham tried but he is just too tall and isnt flashy enough to win a contest like that. But he can throw it down hard on my team anyday. It really would have been interesting if Hendershot from waterford would have came.He could have given vales a run for his money as i have seen him do 360 dunks at will. There were also several tvc guys in the three pt shootout including Lynch, Williams, Standley, and Hoge. I am really looking forward to the TVC game on sunday and I wish they had a 3 pt and dunk contest too.

Return to “Boys Basketball”