Chillicothe Cavaliers 2008-2009 Season Schedule

Army
S

Chillicothe Cavaliers 2008-2009 Season Schedule

Post by Army »

Does anyone know who we will replace Athens with :?:

I did not see Chillicothe on their TVC-Ohio schedule as a non-league game. How about the other non-league teams for the CAV schedule, does anybody know who our CAVS will be playing against next season besides their SEOAL-South Division schedule and 1 game a piece against the SEOAL-North Division opponents :?:

I hope we get the Circleville Tigers from the MSL-Buckeye Division back on the schedule. That is usually a decent game between our two respected schools. I thought it was a decent rivarly. We played them in the 2006-2007 season up at their place. I also hope we keep Waverly from the SOC II on the schedule. Both are close in and fairly easy driving distance. I also would like to see us replace Wheelersburg from the SOC II with the Greenfield McClain Tigers from the SCOL. Now that would be a great game to watch next season. Close in schools with two great basketball traditions. We could replace Athens with Circleville Logan Elm from the MSL-Buckeye Division. I truly believe the District Championship game against the Braves was the best team we played at the CONVO.

Should be another great season to watch our CAVS with Dawes, Benson, Knight, Smith and Turner all returning and adding a London to the line-up. Not to mention those that will return from the bench and some of the JV kids who will grow and add depth to the Varsity.

I also believe the SEOAL will have 5 strong top tier teams that will go deep in the tourney next year.

1. Chillicothe D2 returns serious talent and reloads with new talent as well
2. Zanesville D1 (The Blue Devils last season in the SEOAL) loaded with talent
3. Portsmouth Trojans D3 returns serious talent (Will be contenders for the SEOAL)
4. Ironton Tigers D3 returns several talented players
5. Vincent Warren Local D2 returns talent (Always Tuff in the SEOAL)

6. Logan D1 will be the surprise team....physical, almost upset Zanesville this year
7. Marietta D2...returns talent and will be a surprise team
8. Gallipolis (Gallia Academy) D3 who won their district will be re-loaded
9. Jackson D2 will be returning talent

GO CAVS refuse to lose :!: :-D

Roll Big Blue and White Cavaliers to Victory :!: :-D

GO SEOAL :!: :-D

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Chillicothe Cavaliers 2008-2009 Season Schedule

Post by trojandave »

Army: I would think that Chillicothe would probably add another D1 opponent to fill for the Athens spot. Their schedule this past year proved to help them in the tournament. I also believe that even after Zanesville leaves the SEOAL after this coming year, that ZHS and CHS should try to keep each other on their schedule, because of the good competition and the travel is not that much.

Portsmouth has replaced Athens with Greenfield McClain, which we will play the Tigers in the Power Shootout in Chillicothe the first game of the year.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Circleville is already full

Bexley, Miami Trace, Washington CH, Unioto, Westfall, Chillicothe HS Classic vs. TBA

Logan Elm has this so far

Miami Trace, Zane Trace, Westfall, OU Classic vs. Fairland, Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic vs. TBA

Army
S

Post by Army »

Does any CAV fans know our schedule this season, besides playing our fellow SEOAL teams? I know we have Logan Elm in non-league play at home. Does anyone know if our CAVS have the full schedule out yet for the 2008-2009 season?

Thanks

Army

GO CAVS :!:

Refuse to Lose :!:

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Just my opinion here Army, but Gary is usually in no hurry to lock up his schedule real early. And, coming off the success/exposure that last year's team got, look for him to possibly try and take them into a bigger venue and pick up a quality opponent (ala last year with N. College Hill @ UC and Newark @ the Schott). The Cavs likely won't be desperate for teams to play. Go Cavs!!!

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

lamont, i agree, i think gary has the luxury especially this year, of waiting around for a big time opponent at one of the venues you speak of. he'll piece together another great schedule you can count on it.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

I think a Zville vs Chillicothe at the Schott would be a great matchup for the Play by Play .Heck every game these two teams played have been awesome. I know Zanesville is already schelduled too play in this event.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Cavs schedule is being finalized. We have some big opportunities this coming year. Coach K. has not backed down on the tough schedule. We will be playing in the marquee events. They have been great exposure for us and we have performed well over the past few years.

I will update as we get more info over the weeks. Looking forward to seeing the summer programs fire up. We have an excellent nucleus of younger players and with the winning attitude on board, I expect another exciting and excellent season from the Cavs.

As for Z-Ville, once we part way with league competition, I would love to match up on a regular basis with a great program.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 STATE CHAMPS!!!

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

i'd also be of the opinion that Chilly and Z-ville should keep the rivalry going. both teams will get better by playing each other every year because both coaches will put talented teams on the floor that play hard and with good discipline. tourney style basketball is played when these two match up.

hitch...spoke to gary at the grad party yesterday and he was beaming about the team in general and a certain freshman to be!

Army
S

Post by Army »

I would have to agree with hitchbone64 and Dshanton3 concerning the matchup with the Zanesville Blue Devils. I hope after they leave the SEOAL after this season and become an independent, both our teams will continue the series in a two game format. One at their place and one at the Hatton for years to come.

2008 D2 State Champions :-D

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

army, highly unlikely that out of conference teams play each other twice in the same season. however a one game per year contract alternating sites by year wouldnt be unlikely.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Dshanton3 wrote:army, highly unlikely that out of conference teams play each other twice in the same season. however a one game per year contract alternating sites by year wouldnt be unlikely.

Dshanton,

I would have to agree to disagree with your observation. What a series that would create. But even if it did not take place for a two game series each year, it still would be nice to continue the rival with one game.

Two game series examples:

Didn't Zanesville from our SEOAL North Division play Newark from the OCC-Ohio Division twice and lost to them a third time in the D1 District Tournament this season :?:

Wellston from the TVC-Ohio Division my alma mater, plays Oakhill from the SOC II in B-Ball, who is in the SOC I in all other sports, plays the Oaks twice and sometimes Jackson from our SEOAL-South Division twice in B-Ball.

McArthur Vinton County from the TVC-Ohio Division played Londonderry Southeastern-Ross from the SVC twice a few years back.

I may be incorrect, but didn't Logan from our SEOAL-North Division play Lancaster from the OCC-Ohio Division twice this past season in B-Ball :?:

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Zanesville only played Newark only once during regular season..

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

army, i admire your ambition when it comes to this matchup, as i'd love to see it as well. i just cant see these two teams who love to stack their out of conference schedules, using up two of those slots on the same team. i'm just praying that they get a once per year deal in line.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Dshanton3,

Me too :!:

I would love to to see this series continue in basketball between our two respected schools. These two basketball teams have put the SEOAL on the map for the first time in many decades. I noticed that our Chillicothe CAVS have picked up the Zanesville (Blue Devils) as a non-league game in football after Zanesville becomes an independent according to;

highschoolsports.net schedules.

So hopefully, the basketball teams will continue to play against each other too. :-D

GO SEOAL :!:

Blu_n_Whyt
Freshman Team

Post by Blu_n_Whyt »

From what I'm told...

SEOAL:
South - 2x
Gallia Academy
Ironton
Portsmouth
Jackson

North -
Zanesville
Warren
Marietta
Logan

Confirmed non-league:
Logan Elm
North College Hill @ CHS
team from North Carolina @ Wellston
Pickerington Central
Waverly
Still a couple of openings.

Perhaps hitchbone can give more insight.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Looks like another ruff schedule in non-league play again.

Refuse to lose :!:

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

Columbus East, team from NC is Mt Zion Academy, SEOAL Day of Champions, and one spot is open.

Everything else looks correct.

Army
S

Post by Army »

baller3,

Which non-league games do we have at the Hatton besides Cincinnati North College Hill? Do you know if we have LE at home :?:

1. Circleville Logan Elm-MSL (Buckeye Division) D2 @ CHS (Updated Thanks)

2. Cincinnati North College Hill-Miami Valley Conference D3 @ CHS

3. Mount Zion Christian Academy Class A from Durham, North Carolina-Central Carolina League @ Wellston :-D

Mount Zion Christian Academy (Warriors) is a Day and Boarding Christian High School located in Durham, North Carolina. Basketball star Tracy McGrady is a famous graduate of the school. Tracy entered the NBA right after high school. Tracy spent the first seven years of his NBA career with the Toronto Raptors and Orlando Magic before being traded to the Houston Rockets in 2004. Several other outstanding basketball players have come from the school, including Kansas Jayhawks Junior Brandon Rush.

N.C. Basketball Powerhouse Durnham Mt. Zion Christian is a North Carolina Class A Division School. The Warriors are in the:

Central Carolina League with:

a. Camelot Academy
b. Clover Garden
c. Emerson Waldorf
d. Hopewell Academy
e. Kestrel Heights
f. Woods Charter
g. Durham Mt. Zion Christian Academy

4. Pickerington Central-OCC (Cardinal Division) D1

5. Waverly-SOC II D3 @ Waverly

6. Columbus East-Columbus City League D2

7. Still one more to be named :?:

8. SEOAL DOC Game

Refuse to lose :!:

Roll Big Blue and White to Victory :!: :-D

GO SEOAL :!:
Last edited by Army on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

12/27 Logan Elm @ Chillicothe, 130pm

Return to “Boys Basketball”