WEST BASKETBALL

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Re: WEST BASKETBALL

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

I hope they take this serious and get it correct. Really look at the past on the applicants and they will see who is the coach.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

kitchen???

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

not. all west has to do is look at ironton they wouldnt got rid of him

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

I wish them the best and good luck.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

I think West IS looking to give Coach Kitchen a teaching job jumper, they simply do not have one he is qualified for RIGHT NOW. Maybe if someone can convince him to take the coaching position, in several months time, a fit in teaching will come open for him, that has not been ruled out to my knowledge. He would need to trust that West will come through with one in time.....I sure hope he decides to help those kids again, he did a great job with them.

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

there is a difference in being a nice guy and a coach that produces wins i believe they was 2 to 4 games below 500 after christmas break and a very disappointing tournament game

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

What do they have open and what does he teach?

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

General, did you SEE the difference in the team for yourself? The West team had basically 5 starters and no bench...heck they had to take time outs to rest! Every other team they played had a bench or a deep bench, you obviously have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!!!! I think Kitchen teaches 1-8 grade, any subject, not sure though. Ask anyone that attended these games, especially those that attended the beginning of the season also, they will all tell you how exciting West basketball became...heck, ask the kids themselves, then you will have nothing to spout off about! :-D :122245

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

well did i upset some people i didnt want to do this i just thought i would state facts. as for the simpson incident i believe that is coach preparing the kids what to expect in a rival conference game if it was talked about it wouldnt have happen. as for not having a bench that is not knowing how to hide players in a lineup- i dont think any other team in the conference had 5 all stars playing at one time-plus i know i watched 3 freshman (journey,sparks,locher) that couldve been great role players and gave the starters a needed rest instead of wasting time outs- yes i seen the team play before and after the coaching situation and the team seemed to play about the same(underachieving) again i am just saying my opinion about this subject not trying to upset people that are wanting the same thing i want a good team to watch u might think kitchen can create this but i think the school needs to be open to the applicants instead of having their mind made up going into the process

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

just heard that west will be accepting applications for the basketball job soon

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

General, please, put your keen ideas to rest because either you are planning on applying for the job in which case, it will be more than underachievement, it will be an embarrassment to West and the kids, or you have a buddy that thinks he should get the job. Nevertheless, there is no one in this area more qualified to coach these kids than Kitchen hands down. He did a terrific job in a short time, talked with more than 20+ people regarding this situation, and they all were stunned at the way the program changed for the better. You of course, are the exception, and surely have an agenda in that regard OR you are just dumb. Good luck Coach Kitchen in whatever you choose to do, hope it is to stay at West, the kids need you.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I think the guy is one heck of a coach. He's by far..... the best coach that we've had in my time for sure. The guy shows up and walks into a situation like he did with no ties to the school at all other than friendship to Coach Tripplet, does a great job and no-one cares. It's an absolute shame that they won't fill one of those jobs. Our great superintendent is choosing to obsorb the job (otherwise save them for someone else) because she hates sports. The rest of the schoolboard is a tool. Our AD and HS Principal are tools also. It's not a democracy, its a dictatorship. West fans if you really care, go to a meeting or give the ole bag a call.

PS. I would love to see the guy sub for a while until they have to give him a job. She said he could do this, but you can't blame him taking something indefinate if he can get a full time position.

TOUR DIRECTOR
Waterboy

Post by TOUR DIRECTOR »

Wow I havent see this much attention to WEST BASKETBALL in a long time. I love the game and I will support the team whoever the new coach is. Can everyone carry all this excitiment over to support the team next year.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

The whole situation kind of makes me sick to my stomach. Really wish the board would step up and at least try to work with Kitchen on jobs that may come open...taking 2 jobs and giving one to a good teacher that is really needed (Kitchen) at West would put West on the map in basketball and ticket sales, discipline, pride, grades would all benefit.....what is not to like about that? Wow.

Return to “Boys Basketball”