Jeff Skinner's back surgery

Gib25
Varsity

Jeff Skinner's back surgery

Post by Gib25 »

Jeff had back surgery at the New Albany Surgical Hospital on Wednesday. He is home and doing well and moving around: slowly but moving around just the same. His wife told me that his Doctor was very happy with the surgery and the prognosis is good if he will follow the prescribed rehab. Thought you would all be interested in how he is doing. I know he checks this sight regularly and he would be glad to hear from you.

vchoops
Freshman Team

Re: Jeff Skinner's back surgery

Post by vchoops »

Jeff is a first class guy who deserves nothing less than a full and speedy recovery. I hope everything goes well for him and he heals up quickly.

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

Jeff is a quality family man, educator, coach and broadcaster. I wish him all the best in his recovery.

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

Jeff is a great person. I had the opportunity to coach with Jeff while he was here at Jackson.

His kids are players... must have got their skills from their mom. LOL!!! Hope things are going well.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Hope you are feeling lots better now. Seems like everyone has had health problems the past few months. Have a speedy recovery.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Glad to hear Jeff's surgery went well. Hoping he has a speedy recovery.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Prayers from the Focused household for a speedy and total recovery.

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Had surgery Wed. morning, got home Fri. afternoon. Everything went ok. Going to be out of commission for quite awhile. Thanks for the kind words.

Heather, Jeff's wife

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Coach! :-D

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

Tell Coach Skinner if he is laid up and can't get a hair cut, I'm sure some certain coach will bring his smock and give him a trim.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... every time I DON'T check the forum for awhile "something" healthwise to a "posting type person" has taken place .........

... Coach Skinner, hope all is going well with the "recovery" ... rehab is just that coach - take it easy/ work "into" getting back up to speed - none of that "I feel ok today - so "I" think I can push it a little more" stuff LOL ... go by the doctors time table for your rehab so you have a complete recovery - so you can do "life" again at 100% ...

... wishing you the best from the Land of the Purple ...

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Coach -

Wish you a painless, (yea, I know, that is a big wish) and speedy recovery. Your friends are thinking about you! Honestly, wish you the best, you are in my thoughts!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Hope Coach Skinner is doing well with his recovery. I see him on ocassion when Jackson plays Athens or when I am in Athens with one of the teams in my coverage area.

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Thanks guys. The first part of my rehab requires me to do absolutely nothing in order for the fusion to take. I remember when I was a younger man and used to listen to older male family members complain of back pain, well, I certainly know what they were talking about and then some. Now that the NCAA tourney is nearly over, i will be bored to death for awhile. Anyway, thanks guys, I appreciate the kind thoughts and hope to have enough discipline to have a full recovery over the next 9 months or so.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Coach Skinner ! was making a quick run through of SEOPS topics and saw a post you made - thought I'd run this thread back to the top , see how you were doing with your rehab ... fill us in coach, you staying on the "recommended" rehab schedule? ...

... hope all is going well for you, keep us informed on your progress ... we send our best from here in the Hocking Hills area ...

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Hey Pfloyd,

Thanks for asking, things are going pretty well , i have my driving privleges again. Still cannot do much. I am going back to my classroom May 12 so I am very excited about that, for I have really missed it.( and with make up days, i will still have 4 weeks of school left)
Able to get out and watch my kids play baseball and volleyball, which is my total entertainment at this point.
I start physical therapy in a little less than two months, it is maddening as I feel pretty good, but the neurosurgeon assured me that that is the great trap, that in fact very few of these types of surgeries fail, but the recovery often does as patients become impatient. So hopefully I will be swimming again in a couple of months, and then biking after that.
Take care.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Glad to hear things are better than the last time we talked. I was up last Wednesday for the Athens/Marietti softball game but you were not home. I figured you were out to a ball game. Good that you are able to get out.

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Sorry I missed you Hardfowl. Between the two boys, we have baseball games at least 4 days a week, and Sara has been having vb games on Sat and Sundays.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Enjoy those games while you can. Time will fly by and the kids will be grown. You will miss those games.... unless you decide to start over with another one. :122245

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Raiderball,

That my friend has already been taken care of. :)
I occasionally bring up adoption, much to the chagrin of my wife, so I guess I am out of luck.

Return to “Boys Basketball”