Unioto at WCH

thecommonwealth
Riding the Bench

Unioto at WCH

Post by thecommonwealth »

Just curious what peoples thoughts are on this game. Obviously WCH is undersized and the underdog but having a great season. What is it going to take for them to be able to pull off the upset?

winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Re: Unioto at WCH

Post by winningaintcheap »

Courthouse's odds at winning went way up when Cottrill went out for Unioto. Courthouse has excellent guard play that will have to be more of a factor than Unioto's interior game to win this one. Keeping Unioto off the boards and making their good looks is vital to a WCH win. The Blue Lions are well coached and have been at least two Unioto games watching and taking notes. It should be a great game. I will still take Unioto, but it will be a single digit game. I like Unioto 64-57, but a very convincing second seed performance by WCH

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I think there's a good chance that this is one of 2 meetings between the two teams this year.

Washington is well coached, as stated above, and they won't try to do more than they are capable of. Knisley is an outstanding player and Eckles is able to score in a variety of ways.

Unioto is still getting settled into their new roles, but if Hosley and Wheeler can combine for 30+ like they have the last 3 games, I like their odds of winning a lot.

Both teams have league games the night before, but realistically should come in on massive win streaks. Washington lost their first 2 games before rolling off 13 straight, while Unioto has won 50 straight regular season games and 55 of 57 since their last loss in the 13-14 season...which was at Washington.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Unioto by 19, Eckles is soft inside, Knisley will get his avg, which is average and keep it close till the 4th, Unioto is too good of a team. Possible yes, Probable No

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Sounds like courthouse shouldn't bother showing up according to you

FannyPack
Freshman Team

Post by FannyPack »

bobcat2015 wrote:Sounds like courthouse shouldn't bother showing up according to you
Bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see how it works out.

2015-2016 Basketball Pick 'Em Champion while picking correctly 81% of the time.
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto leads 33-32 at the half.

Max Knisley has 21 to lead Washington. Bubba Wheeler with 14 for the Shermans.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 63
Washington 61
Final

Great, great HS basketball game. Erique Hosley hits 2 buzzer beaters, a 3 to end the 3rd and then one to end the game. Unioto held Knisley to 2 in the 2nd half, but Eckles had a great 2nd half, including make clutch FTs to tie the game with 17 seconds left.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

I give uniotos big boys credit for not losing their composure at the officiating. They were totally getting hammered all night long with very few calls. But then again, with the way this team has been shooting foul shots, it might not have mattered. The free throw shooting is going to come back and haunt them if they don't show any improvement. The loss of Cole cottrill showed in this game. Unioto wins by 20+ with him , but look lost against the pressure without him. Overall poor performance for the Sherman's tonight, but a win is a win

winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Post by winningaintcheap »

Bronc21 wrote:I give uniotos big boys credit for not losing their composure at the officiating. They were totally getting hammered all night long with very few calls. But then again, with the way this team has been shooting foul shots, it might not have mattered. The free throw shooting is going to come back and haunt them if they don't show any improvement. The loss of Cole cottrill showed in this game. Unioto wins by 20+ with him , but look lost against the pressure without him. Overall poor performance for the Sherman's tonight, but a win is a win
Personally, I thought the refs did a decent job. Yeah, they let them play a little too much, but they were consistent with it. Unioto hasn't played many games without Cottrill. I'd like to give the kids playing credit instead of saying "without Cottrill". Obviously you want your best player on the court, but to take a true road win against the second best team without one of the best players in the area? That's more than "a win is a win". Unioto did shoot poor from the like, but they also adjusted and held Knisley to 2 second half points. From the looks of it, this matchup will happen again and it will be just as great. WCH has had the best execution of a game plan against Unioto in the last 3 years. They know what they're doing and I like their odds of giving Unioto a second shot.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I thought it was a pretty well called game overall. Hosley's 2nd was pretty weak, but that was my only gripe about that.

Now, about that disaster of a JV is a different story lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”