Eastern Pike 08-09

the_claw
Waterboy

Re: EASTERN PIKE 2008/2009

Post by the_claw »

tad23 wrote:
southern ohio finest wrote:not really sure, but i dont think its good
i heard everyone on the team could be in trouble

not to sound like a jerk or sumthin but lets drop this..

Yes I agree this topic doesnt need to be discussed on here. It is nobody's business but the teams.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Western does have some bragging rights due to the success over the last few years,
but lets not forget the overtime game at our place last year and that was with their best and us at our weakest. A year can make alot of difference. It should be quite interesting

Bystander,

That has to be the most ridiculous statements I have read on this forum....How can you say such a silly thing? That makes no since, Western was obviously the better team by a great deal. When Western went to Eastern last year, a no name sophomore hit like 10 3's and kept them in it, Westen played poorly and Eastern had their best game of the season, this was even said by many of their (easterns) fans, I think I may have even read it in the Waverly news watchman (coaches statement). So if you are trying to make a point please explain to me this: How would you describe the game at Western, when they (western) could have won by as many as they wanted, that night both teams played their average game and Western dominated? What you said makes no since at all.... :?:

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

Robert Harris is a very good foward an may see some varsity tim.Thornsberry is a beast he can shoot pass play defense an even block

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

60ft.6in. wrote:
Western does have some bragging rights due to the success over the last few years,
but lets not forget the overtime game at our place last year and that was with their best and us at our weakest. A year can make alot of difference. It should be quite interesting

Bystander,

That has to be the most ridiculous statements I have read on this forum....How can you say such a silly thing? That makes no since, Western was obviously the better team by a great deal. When Western went to Eastern last year, a no name sophomore hit like 10 3's and kept them in it, Westen played poorly and Eastern had their best game of the season, this was even said by many of their (easterns) fans, I think I may have even read it in the Waverly news watchman (coaches statement). So if you are trying to make a point please explain to me this: How would you describe the game at Western, when they (western) could have won by as many as they wanted, that night both teams played their average game and Western dominated? What you said makes no since at all.... :?:

if you didn't get the message the first time you probably won't now, but here goes anyway---I'll try to spell it out for ya. Point was that Western had one of their best teams in years and Eastern had one of their weakest and it still proved to be a great RIVALRY GAME at Eastern last year finishing with 2 OT's---the message was about the RIVALRY--GET IT???? NOT WHO IS BETTER!!! Eastern had home court pride to protect> And by the way you should know your facts before posting---the kid who hit all the 3's was not a sophomore, he did not hit 10 of them, and he does have a name, but he did have a career high game that night. Be ready---rivalry games can be very interesting.

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

Well western may have been dominate last season but this is a whole new season...the indians better be ready for what eastern has THIS season...they may have shanks but we have speed...thornsberry,lawhorn,wheeler and I won't even name the rest u prolly already know them...

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

How are you going to say that Western was at their best last year @ Eastern, that is the part that is hilaious to me, and to say that Eastern was at their weakest is even funnier when they played a heck of a game....makes no since to me....I guess I'll just never understand your statement....Lets move on, its a new year....

-The Toro Loco

Sure Western might have Shanks, they also have Smithson, Penwell, and Hall (Penwell, Hall, Flint will match Easterns speed easily, and Shanks can keep his own).....and actually the only person that I have heard of from Eastern is Osborne, I dont think the rest have had enough time to establish a "Real Name" for themselves, they have been to young.....So, basically what you have said doesnt make since....I'm not saying that Western will beat Eastern this year, I am just saying that you cannot compare Easterns talent to Westerns talent because it doesnt favor Eastern at all....
Last edited by 60ft.6in. on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

60ft.6in. wrote:How are you going to say that Western was at their best last year @ Eastern, that is the part that is hilaious to me, and to say that Eastern was at their weakest is even funnier when they played a heck of a game....makes no since to me....I guess I'll just never understand your statement....Lets move on, its a new year....

-The Toro Loco

Sure Western might have Shanks, they also have Smithson, Penwell, and Hall (Penwell, Hall, Flint will match Easterns speed easily, and Shanks can keep his own).....and actually the only person that I have heard of from Eastern is Osborne, I dont think the rest have had enough time to establish a "Real Name" for themselves, they have been to young.....So, basically what you have said doesnt make since....I'm not saying that Western beat Eastern this year, I am just saying that you cannot compare Easterns talent to Westerns talent because it doesnt favor Eastern at all....

What he meant by that statement was that Western had one of the strongest teams they've had in a while(minus the Mcleod/White Era) and Eastern had one of it's weakest.
In reference to your second point, I agree that alot of their talent is young, but the majority of their players are well known throughout the area because they have been playing varsity for quite a while now. They have great talent other than Osborne such as Wheeler, Helton, Thornsberry, Lawhorn, Williams and a few others. We will just have to see how the teams play together and how they improve throughout the season. Best of luck to both teams, but I'm an Eagle so above all I must say GO BROWN!

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

If he was referring to the year, and not the game, then I understand. But to say that Western was at the strongest during that game and that Eastern was at their weakest during that game isn't correct, because on that given night it was the other way around....

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Re: Eastern Pike 08-09

Post by the toro loco »

Ok..if ur saying osbourne is the only one who is talented from eastern..ur mistaken...he is very good but it takes a team..an like the punisher said wheeler,lawhorn,williams,,,,,,helton,and a talented guard who's not taking crap. Thornsberry...there all goin to contribute.eastern was weak last season.they had to adaped to a new coach an they were young.....GO EAGLES

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

60ft.6in. wrote:If he was referring to the year, and not the game, then I understand. But to say that Western was at the strongest during that game and that Eastern was at their weakest during that game isn't correct, because on that given night it was the other way around....

I know what you mean....but both teams played their hardest that night...don't discredit either one in that aspect.
And he was referring to the year.

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

60......I, an many others can't wait for the easten western rivalry game. U compared westerns talent to easterns talent and said we had no talent....that's hilarious..that the most funniest thing I've heard on this forum......u don't even know the talent on this years team look out indians.......NEW TOPIC

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Please, show me where I said that Eastern had or has No Talent. I said that they have been to young to make a real name for themselves, that doesnt mean that the do not have ANY TALENT....

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

Yeah you did.....you basically said we had no talent compared to western......and even in the past eastern has had more talent than western.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

No, I didn't basically say anything, I never tried to beat around the bush, I said that you can't compare the two teams talent, there is no comparison. This does not mean that Eastern isn't talented. It simply means that Western if far more favored on paper-(which doesnt always matter). You cant compare anyone from Eastern to shanks, smithson, or even penwell.

Please note this- I have not said that Eastern has no talent, nor have I ever said that.

Well western may have been dominate last season but this is a whole new season...the indians better be ready for what eastern has THIS season...they may have shanks but we have speed...thornsberry,lawhorn,wheeler and I won't even name the rest u prolly already know them...

That sure goes along with your other statement (down here)---Do you know what you are saying? Do me a favor and stop contadicting yourself.

and even in the past eastern has had more talent than western.

I really need you to explain your stupid comment about Eastern having more talen than Western in the past, considering you said that Western was dominate last year, that is now the funniest thing I have heard on this forum. Sure if you go back, maybe 5-7 years, you can say that Eastern had the edge, but in the recent past there has been
NO COMPARISON...How can you say that seeing how in the last 5 years Western has been extremley successful, going 17-4, 21-4(Regional Finals), 16-4(District Finals), and the two years before they went 17-4 (no tourny run), they had Mcleod, White, Robby Ryan, and David Cox. When is the last time Eastern went to the Regional finals, hell when is the last time they made Districts? I do not want to bash Eastern, but I am just trying to get the point accross to you that there is no and has been NO COMPARISON between the two teams for some time now.

You play baseball at Eastern, basketball too? Is your name Deweese?

-(your above comment) To the SOC-Consider this a warning, Eastern has.............................................speed. :122246
-(your above comment) Eastern is now a team of celebrities..... :lol: (considering you don't need to name them cus I prolly already know them)

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

60ft.6in. wrote:No, I didn't basically say anything, I never tried to beat around the bush, I said that you can't compare the two teams talent, there is no comparison. This does not mean that Eastern isn't talented. It simply means that Western if far more favored on paper-(which doesnt always matter). You cant compare anyone from Eastern to shanks, smithson, or even penwell.

Please note this- I have not said that Eastern has no talent, nor have I ever said that.

That sure goes along with your other statement (down here)---Do you know what you are saying? Do me a favor and stop contadicting yourself.

and even in the past eastern has had more talent than western.

I really need you to explain your stupid comment about Eastern having more talen than Western in the past, considering you said that Western was dominate last year, that is now the funniest thing I have heard on this forum. Sure if you go back, maybe 5-7 years, you can say that Eastern had the edge, but in the recent past there has been
NO COMPARISON...How can you say that seeing how in the last 5 years Western has been extremley successful, going 17-4, 21-4(Regional Finals), 16-4(District Finals), and the two years before they went 17-4 (no tourny run), they had Mcleod, White, Robby Ryan, and David Cox. When is the last time Eastern went to the Regional finals, hell when is the last time they made Districts? I do not want to bash Eastern, but I am just trying to get the point accross to you that there is no and has been NO COMPARISON between the two teams for some time now.

-(your above comment) To the SOC-Consider this a warning, Eastern has.............................................speed. :122246
-(your above comment) Eastern is now a team of celebrities..... :lol: (considering you don't need to name them cus I prolly already know them)

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

No im not deweese........hell that doesn't even matter.....we will jus hav to see who is more talented when eastern plays western...........im movin 2 the baseball forum

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

I'm ready for this season to start!
How do you think the Eagles need to go into this season in order to have a successful season?

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

as a team and need to find their roles fast or they will struggle again its not like they have bad players

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

i dont hide my name
Last edited by deweese3 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

This is the post that people -The Punisher- thought that I was bashing Deweese, I removed it because I don't want anyone else to think that.
Last edited by 60ft.6in. on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”