Belpre Eagles 2008-2009

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Belpre Eagles 2008-2009

Post by Eagles20 »

Belpre should contend for the TVC Ohio title and a trip to the "convo". Returning all-conference and AP All District selections, Markie Tate, Scott Loyland and Reggie Sims will head up a solid group of 7 returning letter winners to the Eagles squad.

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: Belpre Eagles 2008-2009

Post by Jason Vorhees »

at least 13 wins.....

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:at least 13 wins.....

How about 16 "W's"

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

don't foget that alex and vc will give a run for your money if not more....plus, maybe throw in a couple maybe's wins or losses on the schedule....it's all expectations right now anyway....

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:don't foget that alex and vc will give a run for your money if not more....plus, maybe throw in a couple maybe's wins or losses on the schedule....it's all expectations right now anyway....

You are right but thats whats fun "summer speculation" Alexander as well as Vinton Co will battle the Eagles for the TVC Ohio title. Alexander with Frost, Barnhouse, and Tolar will be a great challenge. In this matchup Belpre, with Tate, Sims, and Loyland, has a size advantage over the Spartans.
You can never count out Vinton County, although they lost a great deal to graduation, you should never underestimate the "heart" of a champion. All the Vinton County kids know how to do is win. That being said, as hard as these Belpre kids are working, (at the park every nite) I see a whole new attitude and work ethic that hasn't been present since Joe Garrett retired in 2002. Im sure this will translate to a sucessfull Belpre season.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

it will be a tough league......exceptions to Nelsonville and wellston, everybody else will compete night in and night out.....

clemente
Waterboy

Post by clemente »

Eagles 20.....Granted it is a big positive when the kids are playing at the park every night, especially if the games are competitive and the kids are working on their games....But how in the world does this translate to a "whole new attitude and work ethic"???

The summer season has not even started yet...Some kids can play great at the park, yet when it comes to organized basketball they struggle...

Did Plummer and Stout do that bad of a job with Belpre Basketball if this is the best attitude and work ethic you have seen since Garrett?

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

clemente wrote:Eagles 20.....Granted it is a big positive when the kids are playing at the park every night, especially if the games are competitive and the kids are working on their games....But how in the world does this translate to a "whole new attitude and work ethic"???

The summer season has not even started yet...Some kids can play great at the park, yet when it comes to organized basketball they struggle...

Did Plummer and Stout do that bad of a job with Belpre Basketball if this is the best attitude and work ethic you have seen since Garrett?

What I was referring to had nothing whatsoever with Coach Stout or Coach Plummer. I believe Coach Stout did a great job, and was sorry to see him leave the program. I think Coach Plummer did a great job last season (his first) and that there will be more great seasons to come.
It's been a while since I've been to Civitan Park and see 85% of the kids that will be playing Varsity Basketball playing on a regular basis. Mostly because there was no place to play but thanks to Coach Plummer and others this is no longer the case. The court at the Civitan is really nice.

Say what you will about the park but that's where the really really good players hone their skills. Take a drive of the city parks in Dayton, Columbus, Cleveland on a nice summer day, see how much good quality basketball you see.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Apparently Belpre needs to scratch Sims off of next year's roster. He was playing for Parkersburg High last night in the summer league game. He has transferred. That stinks for the Eagles. No gloating here, keep your heads up and keep working.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre will get beat by FF and Warren twice.So they already have 4 losses.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

Haha. I have to agree with eastern. Chalk up four losses for the Eagles at the hands of Warren and FF. Who knows if Plummer and the boys will overcome the loss of Micah and a 43 point blowout nightmare at Warren last year. The park won't prepare you for what awaits at the Warrior Coliseum.

80-37. dang.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

tribetime wrote:Haha. I have to agree with eastern. Chalk up four losses for the Eagles at the hands of Warren and FF. Who knows if Plummer and the boys will overcome the loss of Micah and a 43 point blowout nightmare at Warren last year. The park won't prepare you for what awaits at the Warrior Coliseum.

80-37. dang.

How many of those 80 points return this season I'm sure most of our 37 does........

As for 2 losses to Fort Frye, that can't happen they only play once this year just as last season.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Belpre and FF did play twice this past season.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

well eagles, to answer your question....

warren will return 29 of those points next season
belpre will return 20 of their 37 next season

if you want any more stats from that game let me know.
you should also remember that north-south alternate and dunk champion Craig Call didn't play in that game, neither did senior Cory Hooper, and David Lemom left early with an injury.

Warriors go for 5 straight win against Belpre in December.
And you did play FF twice last year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye beat Belpre twice I think 52-36 and 54-41 playing good D in both games.I do not see Belpre coming close to FF with Fort Frye returning 4 starters in Thieman,Arnold,Stephens,and Bates.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

EasternDspy wrote:Fort Frye beat Belpre twice I think 52-36 and 54-41 playing good D in both games.I do not see Belpre coming close to FF with Fort Frye returning 4 starters in Thieman,Arnold,Stephens,and Bates.

You're right Fort Frye will be very good as usual. That being said I think that Belpre will compete with them. The team that Fort Frye beat twice last year was not the same ball club by seasons end. Personel had changed, offensive focus had changed as well. Watkins nor Waderker, both starters by late season, didn't play at all in the 1st game and a minor role if any the 2nd game. With Waderker at the point, Belpre is a much better ball club than the one you saw at Beverly last season.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Oh yeah the same Belpre team that I went to watch at Jackson that could not make it out of the 1st qt vs W-Burg.Belpre will not be able to match-up with FF who returns 4 and 1/2 starters from last season.Plus Warren still has alot of good athletes.I think FF and Warren beat Belpre by double digits.Belpre might make it close for awhile @ home.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

EasternDspy wrote:Oh yeah the same Belpre team that I went to watch at Jackson that could not make it out of the 1st qt vs W-Burg.Belpre will not be able to match-up with FF who returns 4 and 1/2 starters from last season.Plus Warren still has alot of good athletes.I think FF and Warren beat Belpre by double digits.Belpre might make it close for awhile @ home.

Are you seriously trying to compare Fort Frye to Wheelersburg. GET REAL! Wheelersburg had 3 kids that were fantastic ballplayers. Be careful you're losing all credability. :)

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Losing Sims will hurt no doubt, but the kids will rally and someone will step up. Remember Belpre is a storied HS basketball program. We've replaced some very good basketball players in past seasons. We'll replace this loss as well.

Wishing Reggie the best............ gonna miss him bunches thats 4 sure..... do your thing "Big Dog"

Return to “Boys Basketball”