Meigs coaching staff

G.W.A.
All Conference

Meigs coaching staff

Post by G.W.A. »

Is there any word yet on if this same staff will return next year or will there be change?

Spartan
All Conference

Re: Meigs coaching staff

Post by Spartan »

All the good ones will be lined up for that one.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Especially when you want to run out the current staff before the season is over. Smart move.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Meigs 71
Alexander 68

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Is that a boys score, a makeup game?

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Yes. Meigs boys pick up first win.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Meigs has always been about who you are or who your parents are and now some of the kids in the younger grades are actually good athletes and have the required names. So I doubt the current staff will remain in place. If a victory over the worst Alex team in 40 years is enough to save a job then i will eat crow on this one.
danicalifornia wrote:Especially when you want to run out the current staff before the season is over. Smart move.

I dont want to run off the coach, he gives a good effort. It's just not working.

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

G.W.A. wrote:Meigs has always been about who you are or who your parents are and now some of the kids in the younger grades are actually good athletes and have the required names
Tell that to the parents of the 6'2" kid from asia who leads the 7th grade team in all categories, and does it from the 8th man position.

I would say to them, get your kid out now and go find a less political system, because the family names would rather see their kids play and the team lose than watch their kids sit the bench behind "kids who don't represent the school well", ie. less fortunate athletes.
Athletic talent like that is a rare gift and there is not a snowball's chance this buddy system will suddenly stop decades of discrimination, favoritism, nepotism and the likes to accommodate your kid.
His current coach, the latest addition to the puppet regime, has more than proven that to date.

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

danicalifornia wrote:Especially when you want to run out the current staff before the season is over. Smart move.
Sadly, smart is not a word we associate with BOE's, Admins or coaching staffs 'round these parts.

Hopefully, that will change and we can also add things like, well informed, hard working, goes beyond the call of duty, really motivates the kids, knows how to get em' in the right positions at the right times...

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Good luck.

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

I understand what you are concerned with, but I know Meigs' coach and you will not find a guy with more passion and love for the game and kids. I am not sure what the problem might be. I have seen them play once. Is the talent there? What I know of him, he wants to win, he will put the best out there.

Politics - It's everywhere! It seems to me that the bigger schools have less. Just my opinion. I know it sounds crazy, but, I think in the bigger schools not everyone knows everyone. Parents to kids, coaches and Admin to parents. So IMO they dont worry as much about who someone is. In a smaller school everyone knows everyone.. Maybe I'm wrong. But, I am not considering Meigs as a big school.

As far as the BOE's, don't they just blow your mind sometimes? Again, IMO, I think sometimes there is way to much politics involved in their decsions. Their decsions should be made solely on what is best for the kids first and then business wise best for the district as a whole. From what I have seen, this is not usually the case.

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

I would equate school boards to the bowl (BCS) system in college football. It is absolutely the worst way to do things but it has simply, "always been done that way." School boards should be completely abolished and be replaced by a governing body made up of present and past education professionals. There is a reason that a hospital doesnt put the village idiot on their board. Its because he knows nothing about being a doctor or how to run a hospital, yet, we do EXACTLY that with a school board. We elect these people who have no knowledge of the educational system who have personal agendas and then sit back in amazement when it turns into a circus!

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

johnny ringo wrote:I would equate school boards to the bowl (BCS) system in college football. It is absolutely the worst way to do things but it has simply, "always been done that way." School boards should be completely abolished and be replaced by a governing body made up of present and past education professionals. There is a reason that a hospital doesnt put the village idiot on their board. Its because he knows nothing about being a doctor or how to run a hospital, yet, we do EXACTLY that with a school board. We elect these people who have no knowledge of the educational system who have personal agendas and then sit back in amazement when it turns into a circus!
Petty good stuff Ringo!
Most programs in our area need to figure out how to get kids to play basketball in the off season and get the parents to back the coaches rather than think they know more or think a different system would fit their childs team.
When you have undermining parents its like a virus one kid shows his butt in practice then all the kids become coaches!
Its really sad!
Did you ever wonder why in war time if you have a solider who wants to go against the grain do his own thing he gets shot?
Because its a big deal when your a rogue and not a team player!
Think we could impliment this in high school sports on parents?
LOL! Well maybe not!

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

YoDuh wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:Meigs has always been about who you are or who your parents are and now some of the kids in the younger grades are actually good athletes and have the required names
Tell that to the parents of the 6'2" kid from asia who leads the 7th grade team in all categories, and does it from the 8th man position.

I would say to them, get your kid out now and go find a less political system, because the family names would rather see their kids play and the team lose than watch their kids sit the bench behind "kids who don't represent the school well", ie. less fortunate athletes.
Athletic talent like that is a rare gift and there is not a snowball's chance this buddy system will suddenly stop decades of discrimination, favoritism, nepotism and the likes to accommodate your kid.
His current coach, the latest addition to the puppet regime, has more than proven that to date.
Send him over to Eastern.

Marauder Fodder
Waterboy

Post by Marauder Fodder »

I'm asking nicely to eave my kid out of this and any future threads on this board. He works way too hard to make the best of his opportunity to be an American Student Athlete to be loosely tossed around in some local yocal pee'ing contest.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

none of this needs to be discussed on here. this can't be good for the kids to read. regardless of how you feel about the coach wait until march to talk.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

fasteach wrote:none of this needs to be discussed on here. this can't be good for the kids to read. regardless of how you feel about the coach wait until march to talk.
Yes, Wait til March, Because the kids do get punished for things posted on this site.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Yes, Wait til March, Because the kids do get punished for things posted on this site.[/quote]

If kids are being punished because of what people put on here then the ones doing the punishing needs to be fired on the spot. Anything said on here should be taken with a grain of salt. If someone in charge is really doing that then they need released now.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

then let it lay. yes the kids are the 1's who pay. so let them have the month and then you can talk. if you want to pm me i'll tell you all you want to hear but not in public

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

TTT

Return to “Boys Basketball”