Final: @ Portsmouth 69 Warren 66

PTrojan59
S

Re: Warren @ Portsmouth, 1/27

Post by PTrojan59 »

Can't wait for this game I didn't go up to Warren so I'm anxious to see the team they have should be a good game Go Trojans

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Dont get too excited. We only get one game a week if we are lucky since Dec. 20. That game would be the second one scheduled. Highly unlikely it will get played.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Winner to play Chillicothe for the league title.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Lost 3 times by 7 points!!!WOW.

warrior_nation#1
Waterboy

Post by warrior_nation#1 »

Im just waiting to see warren lose to portsmouth, portsmouth lose to chilli, and chilli lose to warren. making it a giant mess haha everyones 2-2 vs eachother!

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

This ought to be a barnburner. Go Warriors!

warrior_nation#1
Waterboy

Hey, anyone know when Chillicothe lost their 4th game/who beat them?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Chaminade Julienne drilled them

warrior_nation#1
Waterboy

k thanks. Can't say I've heard of them. Probably D1 haha

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Haha??!! That's why Chillicothe is always ready for the tourney tho...Trojans by 7...

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth, Warren, and Chillicothe all control their own destiny for the league title........the Trojans, however, have both the Warriors, Cavaliers, and Chieftains at home, and Gallia Academy on the road...........so PHS has a golden opportunity to win its first outright league title since it joined the SEOAL in 2007.

Warren certainly, though, has had Portsmouth's number at PHS, as Tobias pointed out........hopefully the law of averages (if there is such a thing) will work in favor of the Trojans.........we've been playing good basketball, winning 10 in a row with Mason Jordan starting at the 4.........Jalen Carter has been outstanding off the bench, while Duke Edwards has come up with some big games lately.

GO TROJANS!!!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Good luck trojandave...

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Dayton Chaminade-Julienne is a solid program that plays in the GCL.........the Greater Catholic League.........arguably the best basketball league in the state of Ohio (Columbus City League could argue that)..........and the GCL has a lot of state championship hardware to back up that claim.........Cincinnati LaSalle just won last year's D1 state title, and in addition Moeller, St.Xavier, Elder, Kettering Alter, and Roger Bacon have all won state championships in the last 20 years.

I'll take up for Chillicothe and their schedule.........the Cavaliers probably play the toughest schedule in all of SE Ohio........Ironton would be the only school that could come close to CHS's schedule. Losing to C-J is no shame, especially since the Flyin to the Hoop Classic was virtually a home game for them.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Thanks, bvmv4life..........and hopefully we can get visit for a few minutes to talk about our favorite sport!!

Best wishes to your Cavaliers, except of course when they come to Portsmouth.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Spoken from a TRUE BASKETBALL GENIUS! I'm just glad the next game is a Friday so I can be there..To add to the schedule...Chillicothe added Ironton,scheduling conflict with Dayton Jefferson..

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

Too much talent for Portsmouth in this one. Trojans by 10.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Not too much talent in the first matchup...same players this game, and no Bendolph add-on..... Warriors by 1....better guard Hastie this time....

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

warriorfrosh wrote:Not too much talent in the first matchup...same players this game, and no Bendolph add-on..... Warriors by 1....better guard Hastie this time....

Actualy the first game we played this season went down to the last minute of the game,,even without Bendolph, I think we are a little better team now with the help we have been getting from the bench the last few games, but I am sure at this point in the season Warren is also better then the first game, and no doubt about it,,have to do a better job on Hastie, he was the difference in the first game, I feel very confident about this game if we play like we are capable...should be a good one,and a lot on the line here.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I hope there won't be a "Bendolph add on". The young man graduated! Anyway, Portsmouth by 15. As long as they don't make silly turnovers and keep McKinley out of foul trouble. First matchup doesn't matter. Just ask Ironton that.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

The last shot of the game may determine this game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”