Eastern (Meigs) @ River Valley 1/20

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Eastern (Meigs) @ River Valley 1/20

Post by Rvbballdude »

Good Luck Raiders! First home game in a while!

Bucknutz63
Waterboy

Re: Eastern (Meigs) @ River Valley 1/20

Post by Bucknutz63 »

Eagles by 15. Look for a big game from pullins and cook in the paint. The eagles are 0-4 after coming off of a long break. Look for eastern to change direction and gain some momentum against the struggling raiders.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Bucknutz63 wrote:Eagles by 15. Look for a big game from pullins and cook in the paint. The eagles are 0-4 after coming off of a long break. Look for eastern to change direction and gain some momentum against the struggling raiders.
I'll take the Raiders by 15,Eastern has no answer for RV in the paint Raiders are too big!
Carnahan will struggle all night,I think the Raiders Defense will smother them!
River Valley has played a lot tougher schedule that Eastern! Eastern is on a down hill slide as of now it will continue!

They will play the best game all year Friday!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Big talk coming off a loss to Alexander

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

[*]
Super Trooper wrote:Big talk coming off a loss to Alexander
Like wise the beating you took @ Belpre!
Alex is alot better than when Eastern played them! They would beat eastern by 15
Athletically Eastern does not matchup with RV but the.Raiders have to control the turnovers this game prob be close the whole way
Last edited by Rvbballdude on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

I totally agree that River Valley wins this one though I am not sure it will be by 15 pts. River valley has played a MUCH tougher schedule than eastern and been competitive in every game. Eastern had a nice start to the season but have come back to earth and are pretty much the team we thought they would be. I say RV by 7.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Rvbballdude wrote:
Alex is alot better than when Eastern played them! They would beat eastern by 15
We didn't take a beating at belpre and I never picked a winner so that made sense

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

On a bright note RVs Junior Varsity did a great job against Alexander and pushed the tempo of the game with full court pressure and traps. Excellent job of substitutions even 5 for 5 at times to keep fresh legs in the game. I LOVED SEEING IT!!!

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

Rvbballdude wrote:[*]
Athletically Eastern does not matchup with RV but the.Raiders have to control the turnovers this game prob be close the whole way
The game at Belpre was back and forth within A few points up until about 5 minutes to go.

Rvbballdude, your first post says how you'll win by 15 and how Eastern will pretty much be dominated at every position, and then you say it will be close throughout, so what is it? If you play your " best game of the year" and it's going to be close throughout, how good can you really be?

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Super Fresh wrote:
Rvbballdude wrote:[*]
The game at Belpre was back and forth within A few points up until about 5 minutes to go.

Rvbballdude, your first post says how you'll win by 15 and how Eastern will pretty much be dominated at every position, and then you say it will be close throughout, so what is it? If you play your " best game of the year" and it's going to be close throughout, how good can you really be?
I was being a little scarcastic about like your 15 point prediction, being a little more reasonable in the latter! Only 2 teams have eclipsed the 15 point barrier on RV so i don't see Eastern on the road winning by 15? The Raiders struggled with turnovers and closing games they have virtually been in every game late except those 2. This will be the most physical defensive team Eastern has played.
The coaches are working on the turnovers, they just missed a lot of shots at Alex.
No matter 18 points is a beating!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I really don't know anything about river valley. Eastern plays good defense and when they keep the game at their own tempo. Eastern isn't the most talented team but they are tough nosed. They're a team itching for another win right now. I think it'll be a good game Friday. Win or lose I think eastern will play good basketball

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

Where is the line drawn between a beat down and a loss? Please answer that Rvbballdude. I believe holding a team to 11 points in the 2nd half is amazing (which Alexander did against RV), I label that as a beat down, not a bad shooting night

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Super Fresh wrote:Where is the line drawn between a beat down and a loss? Please answer that Rvbballdude. I believe holding a team to 11 points in the 2nd half is amazing (which Alexander did against RV), I label that as a beat down, not a bad shooting night
Exactly! No one knows unless your there. But seems eastern fans are a bit testy . Just yankin your chains i expect a close game lol

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Just hate being disrespected. A 4 game losing streak doesn't help much though

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

Super Trooper wrote:Just hate being disrespected. A 4 game losing streak doesn't help much though
Well said, other than Wahama, we've been in every game at the end of 3 and partly through the 4th. Then us fouling and not getting a basket on the other end makes the score look far worse than it was

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Super Fresh wrote:
Super Trooper wrote:Just hate being disrespected. A 4 game losing streak doesn't help much though
Well said, other than Wahama, we've been in every game at the end of 3 and partly through the 4th. Then us fouling and not getting a basket on the other end makes the score look far worse than it was

Sounds very similar to River Valleys season. Been in a lot of games but haven't closed them out.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Try a 9 game losing streak and leading 4 or 5 of those late in the 4th qtr!
As a parent i can take it! Its hard on the kids.
Imho the howie has worn off and his tactics and reality is setting in this happens alot in sports!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

River valley played southern tough so they must not be a slouch. Eastern is very inexperienced and I think that's why they have trouble late in most games

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Super Trooper wrote:River valley played southern tough so they must not be a slouch. Eastern is very inexperienced and I think that's why they have trouble late in most games
Actually had a 6 point lead on Southern with 3 mins left!
Southern shot 44 fts

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

Rvbballdude wrote:
Try a 9 game losing streak and leading 4 or 5 of those late in the 4th qtr!
As a parent i can take it! Its hard on the kids.
Imho the howie has worn off and his tactics and reality is setting in this happens alot in sports!

rvbballdude
you do know that hill is cut from the same mold as howie right? howie/stout/hill/thornhill same tactics.

Return to “Boys Basketball”