SOC 1 2009

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Re: SOC 1 2009

Post by BeAWarrior »

Up for grabs between Western, Symmes Valley, and Eastern this year.

I think Eastern is going to suprise some people this year.

Clay, New Boston, and Notre Dame fight for the cellar spot.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Jumper, you left out clay in that list

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

But I would say Western

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Ignert1, I believe you underestimate the eagles. I consider myself to be one of the more "realistic" eagle fans in terms of evaluating the talent of our current team. But, we won 4 games with nearly all sophomores last year. You think we will suprise if we win a game?????

Anyhow, I will rate the SOC by talent and then list my picks....

Talent / Picks
1. Western 1. Western
2. Green 2. Green
3. Symmes Valley 3. Eastern-if they play D and play together!
4. Notre Dame 4. Symmes Valley
5. Eastern 5. East
6. East 6. Notre Dame
7. New Boston 7. New Boston
8. Clay 8. Clay

I hope I'm wrong and the eagles bring the title back home!

PDTfan10
Waterboy

Post by PDTfan10 »

What do teams have coming back? kids wise

crossover
Waterboy

Post by crossover »

Eastern had no seniors last season so they will have the entire team returning including Bryan Osborne who will be one of the top players in the league. They also just got a very good transfer from Waverly who will make an impact.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

jumper wrote:Eaglesnest--You rated the tallent and the placings of the teams. How do you rate the coaching.
My finishes because of coaching and its only my opinion I'm not bashing anyone.

1.Green
2.Western
3.East
4.Notre Dame --- only because he doesn't have as many kids to choose from
5.Eastern
6.Symmes Valley
7.New Boston
8.Clay

Jumper,
Rating coaches is a dangerous game as often talent dictates victory. I know people in both East and New Boston program that told me that they hated to play Eastern because our new coach did a good job of preparing our boys. I don't know much about Green's new coach. Western's coach is not impressive(feel he misueses his talent badly). Bradford of East does a good job. Hopper has the knowledge, but seems to have lost his passion for the game(just an observation). Symmes Valley always has great athletes, but last year was the first season they broke through. NEw Boston was loaded last season. Clay's coach seemed to not make any adjustments. All in all, Bradford of East is really good and Hopper has tons of experience. I think Fitch holds his own and will just continue to get better and better with time......

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

Eaglesnest wrote:
jumper wrote:Eaglesnest--You rated the tallent and the placings of the teams. How do you rate the coaching.
My finishes because of coaching and its only my opinion I'm not bashing anyone.

1.Green
2.Western
3.East
4.Notre Dame --- only because he doesn't have as many kids to choose from
5.Eastern
6.Symmes Valley
7.New Boston
8.Clay

Jumper,
Rating coaches is a dangerous game as often talent dictates victory. I know people in both East and New Boston program that told me that they hated to play Eastern because our new coach did a good job of preparing our boys. I don't know much about Green's new coach. Western's coach is not impressive(feel he misueses his talent badly). Bradford of East does a good job. Hopper has the knowledge, but seems to have lost his passion for the game(just an observation). Symmes Valley always has great athletes, but last year was the first season they broke through. NEw Boston was loaded last season. Clay's coach seemed to not make any adjustments. All in all, Bradford of East is really good and Hopper has tons of experience. I think Fitch holds his own and will just continue to get better and better with time......

How can you say that Green has the best coach when...the guy hasn't even coached a game in the SOC...from what I gave been told...Coach Kitchen ended up at green, when his other 15,000 applications to everyother school from here to China was rejected.

PDTfan10
Waterboy

Post by PDTfan10 »

ND returns 4 of the 5 starters from last season and all 4 will be seniors this upcoming season in addition with this being Hops 2nd year with the team i look for some major improvements ....how is symmes valley looking this year?

BALLER1
Freshman Team

Post by BALLER1 »

I gotta take Western to win it all. They return some key players and are coming off successful seasons. In that league, anyone can win on any given night. It should be a great year.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I pick Symmes Valley to finish 1st

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

Green has the talent, but the coach must reign in their "I'll be Jordan, you pretend your Kobe" way of playing ball. Need to see a few games before making a prediction. Don't know anything about Kitchen. A lot of people I know from I-Town say he is solid but a few say he learned everything he knows from Rice.(And that absolutely scares me to death!!) Time will tell.

Western has a couple of good players but coaching is horrid. Will lose some games they have no business losing. I'll play them every day if the coach keeps Shanks off the blocks and out on the perimeter.

ND and East coaching is solid, no other way to say it. Will all depend on what they have to work with. With the influx of FB players coming in from other schools both should have some talent.

NB wasn't actually loaded last year but the coach did an unbelievable job instituting a system that (IMO) the best point guard in the area could do his thing. Heavy losses will hurt them this year.

SV has good talent but plays no defense. Alvie is a great guy but needs to find someone to coach the D-side of the ball.

If Clay has the same coach as last year, put them down as an O-fer.

Eastern may surprise a few people.

All in all, this may be the closest race in years.

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

jumper,
That's good to hear. In Rice, I have never seen anyone do so little with so much. (I know, the I-town faithful will say he took them to the final 4 but those guys got there in spite of him, not because of him. They basically coached themselves.) I know Kitchen was on his staff and assistants are somewhat hogtied to what the HC is doing. I did, however see him once at West and it looked to me like the team was in more control than they had been in years.

Return to “Boys Basketball”