South Gallia (18-5) vs Western (12-12) district semi-final

Western24
Freshman Team

South Gallia (18-5) vs Western (12-12) district semi-final

Post by Western24 »

Whose going to the finals? Thoughts and predictions?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: South Gallia (18-5) vs Western (12-12) district semi-final

Post by NewEra »

I think Miller's troops move on to the District final.

Galliaguy
Riding the Bench

Post by Galliaguy »

Should be another great game but I see SG coming on strong and taking it

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I'll be shocked if South Gallia keeps it within 10 points honestly.

Western 55
South Gallia 39

Watching SE Ohio basketball
CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

let's go indians!

BuckeyeGuy_13
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyeGuy_13 »

bbjunky81 wrote:I'll be shocked if South Gallia keeps it within 10 points honestly.

Western 55
South Gallia 39

I'm not overly familiar with Western... What kind of match up problems are you seeing for such a lopsided score? I realize Western seems to be peaking right now which is good but other than that what do have?

Jump23
Freshman Team

Post by Jump23 »

Playing in a very good SOC this year will help them! Western by 10.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Jump23 wrote:Playing in a very good SOC this year will help them! Western by 10.
This is my prediction as well. I said before tournament started that western would go to district finals....could win it

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

They're just solid all around. Good balance, very aggressive, disciplined. Play in a much, much tougher conference than South Gallia. Honestly I think they'll win this game, AND, also beat East for the district final.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Much tougher conference? You have 4 hocking teams & 4 SOC I teams in the districts. I heard this last year & Trimble drilled Sciotoville in the semi's. In fact, the SOC I didnt win anything, it was Trimble & Peebles. And the Hocking is better this year, than last. I hear this on the girls forum too, and Waterford hammered ND by 30 last night in the championship game. If you wanna say the SOC I is better this year from top to bottom, I may give you that. But please dont say 'way better.'

RebelZone
Riding the Bench

Post by RebelZone »

93Bulldog wrote:Much tougher conference? You have 4 hocking teams & 4 SOC I teams in the districts. I heard this last year & Trimble drilled Sciotoville in the semi's. In fact, the SOC I didnt win anything, it was Trimble & Peebles. And the Hocking is better this year, than last. I hear this on the girls forum too, and Waterford hammered ND by 30 last night in the championship game. If you wanna say the SOC I is better this year from top to bottom, I may give you that. But please dont say 'way better.'
I have to agree here. The SOC isn't any better than the Hocking. SG is a very good and aggravating defensive team. They can also shot very well from three. They have a lot of length also for rebounding. This will be a good close game. I'll take SG by 7

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

If someone said the SOC 1 girls was better than TVC girls, they've lost their mind and don't deserve to talk sports ever again. SOC 1 girls was way down this year.

SOC 1 boys is way up, their front 5 is very, very good.

Trimble is the 1 seed and SHOULD beat Clay, but I wouldn't be shocked if Clay wins.

East over Belpre by a lot (should be anyway, but East only has 2 players that score consistently so if you shut them down who knows).

Eastern and Waterford the best matchup by far

Western is the lower seed and I'd bet my money on Western to win no questions asked. And yes, I've seen SG twice and Western 3 times. Western is better.

BuckeyeGuy_13
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyeGuy_13 »

I'll take SG in a close their defense wreaks havoc and they are loaded with athletes for the bigger court and have the ability to block and alter a lot of shots not to mention they are very patient on offense and shoot the three pretty well. I got to think Coach Howell will have them ready to go and these seniors have experience playing here which could be key as the game goes on. Like I said I look for it to be close but gotta stick with the Rebels in this one.

Irish Dawg
Waterboy

Post by Irish Dawg »

A LOT of talk from the SOC. We will see the next couple of weeks!

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

bbjunky81 wrote:They're just solid all around. Good balance, very aggressive, disciplined. Play in a much, much tougher conference than South Gallia. Honestly I think they'll win this game, AND, also beat East for the district final.
I don't think the SOC 1 is that much better, if any better at all. Western is obviously getting better, but they still have lost 12. Just can't see them beating an 18-5 South Gallia team badly. Waterford just beat Symmes Valley with ease and South Gallia beat Waterford at Waterford.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

celticpride wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:They're just solid all around. Good balance, very aggressive, disciplined. Play in a much, much tougher conference than South Gallia. Honestly I think they'll win this game, AND, also beat East for the district final.
I don't think the SOC 1 is that much better, if any better at all. Western is obviously getting better, but they still have lost 12. Just can't see them beating an 18-5 South Gallia team badly. Waterford just beat Symmes Valley with ease and South Gallia beat Waterford at Waterford.
Waterford SHOULD beat Symmes Valley badly. They were 6th in the SOC I and only beat Green and New Boston in the SOC I, who only won 5 games total between the two.

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

I saw where Western beat SV by 2 late in regular season.

!!!
Waterboy

Post by !!! »

celticpride wrote:I saw where Western beat SV by 2 late in regular season.
Didn't SG just beat a 4 or 5 win Southern team by 2?

!!!
Waterboy

Post by !!! »

celticpride wrote:I saw where Western beat SV by 2 late in regular season.
Didn't SG just beat a 4 or 5 win Southern team by 2? Not saying SG isn't a very good team. Just saying you can't underestimate any team based on record

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

Not underestimating western, just didn't think there was much info to assume they would beat SG easy as was said earlier. I think it will be a good game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”