Athens 08-09

DiggerDown
Waterboy

Athens 08-09

Post by DiggerDown »

Any word on Athens,,,I just moved here for school seems that they think now that they are in the TVC they think they will have an easier time...dont' know about that the TVC is pretty good for this area and not for sure if Athens can hang with them...Seem to be good in jr high but once they hit HS they loose it....hope I dont' have to travel too far for good bb action.

freethrow
Varsity

Re: athens bulldogs

Post by freethrow »

Athens should do a lot better now that they belong in the TVC OHIO. They may be a year or two away but they should be much improved.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Watched Bulldogs in Jackson and Wellston summer league. AHS was much improved and looks like the
Bulldogs will have lots of depth this year.

buckeyebenchwarmer
Waterboy

Post by buckeyebenchwarmer »

the bulldogs only got one threat ..and thats witten

BuckeyePride09
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride09 »

Yeah that's true i witnessed Witten last year and he is a pretty speedy and a spot up shooter behind that arch

ironmenhoopsfan
Waterboy

Post by ironmenhoopsfan »

I regret to say that my ironmen were the lone victory for athens this year(although we did get revenge on them in the day of champions). We play them twice again this year. who is there starting 5 and do they have any players to watch out for besides witten?

gocubsgo
Waterboy

Post by gocubsgo »

buckeye pride, you are right about witten's long ball and sweet stroke. Witten however would be the slowest player on the court in a JV girls game

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

However how much has Whitten been working on his game this year? Is he in the gym every day shooting and working? He doesn't play football so he should be and should have been working all summer. If he did he'll be ok. I do think the Bulldogs will be improved from last year. However I don't think they will see large improvement with the offense they try to play. If they ever learn a real offense they would in my opinion improve greatly.

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

I think the Bulldogs are very athletic and will be much improved this season. They will be a good fit in the TVC Ohio.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I think it will be hard for them to beat anyone in the Ohio. I think they will be improved and win more games since they will have some other non conference games plus maybe they will play some of the Hocking Division teams.

Maximus the Merciful
Waterboy

Post by Maximus the Merciful »

What was Athens's record last year? Do they have players that can score the basketball? Rebounders?

Just a curious sports fanatic and newcomer to the area.

Athens has 800+ kids in their high school. Most other schools have much less in the TVC both divisions. :?: :?: :?:

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Numbers wise, I think Meigs and Vinton are not that far behind with us Spartans not that far behind Meigs and Vinton.

As long as they stay in their current situation, they cannot be successful.

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Spartan wrote:Numbers wise, I think Meigs and Vinton are not that far behind with us Spartans not that far behind Meigs and Vinton.

As long as they stay in their current situation, they cannot be successful.

curious as to what you mean by "current situation".

league??? coach??? lack of athletes???

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Athens is a little thin talent wise, but has enough to compete. But they won't because of their wild style of play that is being implemented. Just my opinion folks, that is all. They may prove me wrong, but i doubt it. They have enough talent 9-12 to make a big improvement over last year. Too bad.

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

so, in other words... you meant "coach" (or at least philosophy).

if the philosophy changed do you think mcneal could get them to be successful? i thought he got a lot of hustle out of them from what little i saw last year.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

philosophy is exactly what i mean. they do play hard.

Return to “Boys Basketball”