CONGRATS TO COACH "E" , HEAD COACH FEDERAL HOCKING

swish
Waterboy

CONGRATS TO COACH "E" , HEAD COACH FEDERAL HOCKING

Post by swish »

Good luck to ya Chris, I know your love for the Game, Your knowledge and enthusiasm will be appreciated there. The kids will love to play for coach "E", he has helped my kid so much. Always coaches with a positive attitude and knows what button to push to get the most out of a player. "E" has that fire and passion for the game that has carried over from a once great player into now a great guy and last but not least a great coach. You made a great choice Lancers.

fedhocker
Riding the Bench

Re: CONGRATS TO COACH "E" , HEAD COACH FEDERAL HOCKING

Post by fedhocker »

Good Luck Coach E. We're looking forward to meeting you and seeing what you can bring to Federal Hocking.

RedBaron
Riding the Bench

Post by RedBaron »

Hopefully more wins then that JV coach did last year...

cat&mousebball
Waterboy

Post by cat&mousebball »

RedBaron, don't be negative,they may have you shot in downtown Stewart....

RedBaron
Riding the Bench

Post by RedBaron »

I forgot that the Kilvert Comanche’s are just down the road...

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Good luck to the coach and the players on the up coming year

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

who is coach e and what are his credentials?

cat&mousebball
Waterboy

Post by cat&mousebball »

HIS CREDENTIALS ARE TOP SECRET!!!!

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

Good Luck Coach "E" you have a group of talented young men to work with and we look forward to watching the Lancers play with you at the helm!

bleedpurple
Waterboy

Post by bleedpurple »

I have known Ellcessor since 1983 he is not only a great coach but a great person who loves the game of B-Ball.
Congrads Chris..........

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

sparky wrote:who is coach e and what are his credentials?

His name is Chris Ellcessor. He is a native Gallia County boy, played for Gallia Academy in high school and played his college ball at Newberry (S.C.). Coach E was my coach my junior year at River Valley and he was by far the best coach I've ever had. He is a very passionate coach that will let you know if you screwed up, but he cares about his players like they are his own kids. The players and supporters of the Lancers will be very happy at the decision once they get to know Chris and see him coach. I wish E and the young men at Fed Hock the best.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Good luck to Coach "E" at FH. This will be a great job for him to build upon his future, because it will be a tough place to navigate in my opinion. He will have to possess excellent personal skills, mainly in the frame of being widely agreeable. For instance, he will need to be able to stay neutral in the many disputes surrounding the school system.

At FH, there are two polarized, black and white groups on every issue. Those two groups despise each other, and there is zero gray area. The line is clearly drawn in the sand. If you take the side of one group, you will be loved by one, but loathed by the other. If you choose compromise, and try to find a gray area, you will be despised by both groups, not respectfully disagreed with, no matter what past good experiences you have had with one group or the other. The best stance is no stance.

On the bright side, the kids are great. They are talented, fun to be around, and have many different perspectives and backgrounds in regards to life in general. Coach "E" will love these guys. Also, the bright side of dealing with the other issues is the building of experience in dodging and navigating one's way through conflict. Overall, this will be great for Coach "E" and it sounds like, great for the kids of FH.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Oh no now you done it. You no some one is going to jump on you now! Most school are like you mentioned but your going to get yelled at by one side you know.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I'm not going to blast away at anyone. One person's opinion, who has never had anything to do with the program, as a player or parent, really is not worth saying anything about, one way or another.

I've met with Coach E, had a very long discussion, he knows what he's getting himself into, so no one should really be second guessing Chris and how he reacts. He already knows what is on the horizon, so give it a rest.

As for the "Oh no, now you've done it crowd", give it a rest. It is very apparent to anyone as to who has motive, or ulterior motive, in what they say on here.

You got blasted for a reason, so don't try to play innocent, or play the victim card. Being inflammatory has its price, so deal with it. If you don't want to feel the consequence, don't throw molytof cocktails..........

Be civil and be an adult.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I was referring to Federal Hocking as a whole, not the basketball program. So yes, I have been among it, in it, and around it for a long time.

Sometimes it takes a distant view to see the big picture.

There is a big difference in blasting someone's opinion, which you may feel is asinine, and blasting the person with the harmless and completely uninfluental opinion. The latter seems to be the norm.

I apologize for still having a bad taste in my mouth over someone publicy cursing my younger brother over something pety. Everyone knows he is completely harmless and good natured. I am sure it did make my opinion somewhat bias. I smelled a pattern of behavior and went with it. Though, I am sure a similar tongue lashing toward your (SEOP FH posters) loved ones, from what was basically a colleague, wouldn't change your opinion of someone at all.

Anyway, the kids are the major positive at that school, and it sounds like the new coach will be a good asset.

tazman
Riding the Bench

Post by tazman »

It is what it is and people will talk and say what they want and you can't say much about it...unfortunately, but it just doesn't matter. SD said it best just give it a rest and be civil.

But anyway, Good Luck Coach you have an extremely talented group and im sure you will do a fine job. it will be interesting but probably not very surprising to see what you can do with the group. GO LANCERS!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congrats Coach, you will do a great job and Federal Hocking will be very happy with the choice they have made!

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

SD what's your role with the school?

I will say best of luck to the Lancers Boys and Coach E. From what I've read the people you've dealt with in the past know you will do well hopefully those behind the scenes will leave you alone and let you do your thing. Good Luck..

RedBaron
Riding the Bench

Post by RedBaron »

Is coach E bringin ne staff with him?

cat&mousebball
Waterboy

Post by cat&mousebball »

STEELY DAN, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”