1-27 Logan
1-30 @Chillicothe
2-6 @Portsmouth
2-10 Marietta
2-13 Jackson
2-14 Warren Harding
2-17 @Cambridge
2-21 SEOAL DOC

Brutal scheldule but that's the way coach Aronhalt like's it.Two state championship teams ,Warren Harding should of been at the Schott but got screwed and away games @Ironton @Portsmouth@Reynoldsburg@The Schott tba but probably a top 10 team..

Zville will have a young team with a few senior's but will contend for SEOAL title..

Good Luck Devil's :122245 :122245

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Zanesville Blue Devil's

Post by trojandave »

Zanesville lost 4 starters, but had a very good JV team that will move up this year. I look for Prati to have a big year, and Mills should provide some scoring punch as well. Coach Aronhalt has a solid track record of producing good teams, and this year will be a challenge with so many new faces. But ZHS most likely will have another good year......even with the schedule.

But I do think overall that the SEOAL will not be top heavy for just Zanesville and Chillicothe like it has been the last 2 seasons........ZHS will find themselves in quite a few more competitive games in 2008-2009.

Army
S

Post by Army »

ZvilleBlueDevil wrote:2008-09 scheldule

12-13 @Reynoldsburg
12-19 Warren Local
12-20 @ Newark
12-26 @Logan
12-27 Worthington Christian
12-30 Massillon
1-3 Wheeling Park
1-9 @Marietta
1-10 @ The Schott tba
1-16 @Ironton
1-20 @ Warren Local
1-23 Gallia Academy
1-27 Logan
1-30 @Chillicothe
2-6 @Portsmouth
2-10 Marietta
2-13 Jackson
2-14 Warren Harding
2-17 @Cambridge
2-21 SEOAL DOC

Brutal scheldule but that's the way coach Aronhalt like's it.Two state championship teams ,Warren Harding should of been at the Schott but got screwed and away games @Ironton @Portsmouth@Reynoldsburg@The Schott tba but probably a top 10 team..

Zville will have a young team with a few senior's but will contend for SEOAL title..

Good Luck Devil's :122245 :122245

You forgot the away game at Chillicothe :!: :-D

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

TrojanDave: Your right about that there will be a lot of close games and the league title is up for grabs. :mrgreen:

Army: No i didnt forget about that away game how'll could we but we might still get your Cav's at home :122245 :122245 :122245 :122249

Army
S

Post by Army »

ZvilleBlueDevil,

I sure hope not.

The game between our two respected schools should be another great one again this year :!:

I think the CAVS are happy we have you back at home, especially after watching your Blue Devils cut down our nets at the Hatton after defeating us for the SEOAL title last year. :-D

Now I know what many at your gym must of thought after your Blue Devils lost at your place in OT to our CAVS after you all were up 16 points with a few minutes left in the game. :-D

GO CAVS :!:

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Less than 2 month till first practice nov 10 training and conditioning 5 days a week now plyo's vertimax and agility drills and don't forget the running part train hard Devil's the season will be here before u know it.

Zville also has scrimmage with Logan Elm on nov 19th should be interesting to watch this one the Devil's got the best of them at the Wheeling shootout this early summer but who knows that was then ... GO BLUE

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

what colleges have been looking at prati im sure he is getting them

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Mainly d2 right now and it's to numerous to post but coach Aronhalt think's he can go anywhere from mid d1 to low d1 or high d2 and has offer from Wheeling College which might be hard to turn down being Cedric Harris his former team mate is playing there this year.Coach Aronhalt is a great coach and promoter so i believe his opinion will effect his decision on college whatever it is i'm sure it will be the right decision.

GOOD LUCK

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

:aaaaa14

Zville has 4 scrimmages set:
@Massillion Jackson 11-15
@LoganElm 11-19
@Hilliard-Davidson 11-26
@Thomas Worthington 12-1

With practices starting 11-10 conditioning and lifting are in full strenth or have been for a while.
This team will be in great physical shape and will be another team that will run the floor for 4 quarters and have there in ur face defense which is a trade mark at the Ville.
I look for the Devil' to be in the DOC championship game agin this year against DA Cav's
yadayadaya all's we hear the Ville lost a bunch same as the Cav's but these two teams will alway's have the atheletes year after year and two of the best coaches in the state.
SO if these two team's came down a level i still believe there the best in the SEOAL........... :!:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

ZvilleBlueDevil wrote::aaaaa14

Zville has 4 scrimmages set:
@Massillion Jackson 11-15
@LoganElm 11-19
@Hilliard-Davidson 11-26
@Thomas Worthington 12-1

With practices starting 11-10 conditioning and lifting are in full strenth or have been for a while.
This team will be in great physical shape and will be another team that will run the floor for 4 quarters and have there in ur face defense which is a trade mark at the Ville.
I look for the Devil' to be in the DOC championship game agin this year against DA Cav's yadayadaya all's we hear the Ville lost a bunch same as the Cav's but these two teams will alway's have the atheletes year after year and two of the best coaches in the state.
SO if these two team's came down a level i still believe there the best in the SEOAL........... :!:

OK...........I think there's a couple other teams in the League this year that might contend for the League Title. JMHO

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

I'll stand by my prediction bring in all the transfers and so on the rest of the league is not on the level these teams are on sure other teams will contend but everyone seems satisfied saying well they lost a bunch and now and we got chance to beat these teams .Thats the difference Zville and Chilly expect to win state titles and league titles in basketball and not contend.
I wish all the teams good luck and injury free....

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

ZvilleBlueDevil wrote:I'll stand by my prediction bring in all the transfers and so on the rest of the league is not on the level these teams are on sure other teams will contend but everyone seems satisfied saying well they lost a bunch and now and we got chance to beat these teams .Thats the difference Zville and Chilly expect to win state titles and league titles in basketball and not contend.
I wish all the teams good luck and injury free....

Do you actually think Ironton goes into the season saying we don't have a chance at winning against these teams. No, we expect to win also.

Here we go with the transfer thing. No one says anything about our starter that transferred to South Point but they sure want to talk about the one that transferred in lol.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

ZBlueDevil: Believe me, at Portsmouth, we want to win another STATE TITLE......we have won 4 of them.........it is ALWAYS the goal at PHS. We have won as many state championships as Zanesville and Chillicothe COMBINED.

Unfortunately, we have been struggling big time lately and haven't given Zanesville or Chillicothe good competition yet.......but with all 5 starters back for us, and some good returning talent at Ironton and Logan, I feel this is the year that there could be a different SEOAL champion.........even with all the good players gone from ZHS and CHS, those 2 programs are not simply going to melt away.......good programs are just that, a program, not a team........there's always capable players waiting for their turn to shine.

But realistically both ZHS and CHS lost some really good players......I have said repeatedly that the Blue Devils and Cavaliers will find themselves in quite a few more competitive games in the SEOAL this year. The last 2 years they both walked through the league with virtually no challenges. This year should be quite different.

It may turn out that ZHS or CHS will once again win the league title, but I wouldn't call either of them a prohibitive favorite like the last 2 years.

We at Portsmouth are genuinely excited about our team's chances of having a great season..........and even if ZHS or CHS wins the league, neither can knock us out of the tournament.......and the postseason is the MOST IMPORTANT part of the basketball season at PHS.

There is one MAJOR difference between Zanesville/Chillicothe and Portsmouth......both the Blue Devils and Cavaliers have proven it on the court, while the Trojans HAVE NOT. We have the talent to change that this year.

tropical breeze
Riding the Bench

Post by tropical breeze »

trojanfave, with all due respect, the 4 titles for Portsmouth were in a lower class. While that's still a great accomplishment, I think the Blue Devil program over the past 15 years (The Aronhalt years) are unmatched by anyone in the SEOAL, including Chillicothe. Unmatched meaning, most success and most consistent. I think what ZBD is trying to say is that, while ZHS lost a bunch talent, They will still have the proverbal target on their backs and they still will be a force to deal with in the SEOAL.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

tropical breeze: You are incorrect about Portsmouth's 4 state titles.........

2 of the 4, the 1931 and 1961 state titles were in the BIG school division......when there were only 2 classes at that time....... Portsmouth was not always a small school.....at one time, PHS was the largest school in the SE District.

Zanesville's 1926 and 1955 titles came in the same BIG school division as Portsmouth's first 2 state titles.

The 1978 state title came in Class AA, the middle of the 3 class system at the time. The 1988 state title was the very FIRST D2 state championship when the OHSAA changed to 4 classes that very year. The 1988 state title team beat Zanesville in the regular season 70-55.

Zanesville has been much more consistent than Portsmouth over the last 15 years.......no argument there. Portsmouth, however, has won 6 district titles and has 1 state runnerup(1990) since its last state title in 1988. Only in the last 6 years has PHS really fallen down hard......6 straight losing seasons, a school record. We have gone 7 years without a district title, also a school record.

I expect Zanesville to be a very good team this year.......that is the norm under Coach Aronhalt.......and I have posted on this site and the Huddle about ZHS's program under Aronhalt.......I have always respected his desire to play outstanding competition from around the state..........there's absolutely no question that the Blue Devils will be a serious contender for the SEOAL title...they're the defending champion......I do think they will have quite a few more challenges in the league this year......but I think that Coach Aronhalt has a bigger goal in mind.......get to the Schott.......and at Portsmouth we have the same goal.

Currently Zanesville is a PROGRAM, while Portsmouth is not........we used to have a PROGRAM, and are trying hard to get back to that level.

tropical breeze
Riding the Bench

trojandave, I stand corrected on the "31" and "61" Portsmouth titles. I respect your knowledge of Portmouth's sports history. Your statement that Portsmouth has as many State titles as Chillicothe and ZHS combined (while true) is somewhat misrepresenting the history of tradition of ZHS Basketball compared to Portsmouth's. It's true ZHS and Chillicothe has 4 total (3 @ ZHS and 1 @ Chillicothe), but it would be very interesting to have been able to play in either D-2 or AA with some of our great teams in the early and mid 70's and early 80's, not to mention the 97 team (state runner-up) or the Jordan Lear, Kevin Martin teams of recent. Should've, could've, and would've do not get you a state banner, but I don't think the ZHS Basketball tradition plays second fiddle to any SEOAL school.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

tropical breeze wrote:trojandave, I stand corrected on the "31" and "61" Portsmouth titles. I respect your knowledge of Portmouth's sports history. Your statement that Portsmouth has as many State titles as Chillicothe and ZHS combined (while true) is somewhat misrepresenting the history of tradition of ZHS Basketball compared to Portsmouth's. It's true ZHS and Chillicothe has 4 total (3 @ ZHS and 1 @ Chillicothe), but it would be very interesting to have been able to play in either D-2 or AA with some of our great teams in the early and mid 70's and early 80's, not to mention the 97 team (state runner-up) or the Jordan Lear, Kevin Martin teams of recent. Should've, could've, and would've do not get you a state banner, but I don't think the ZHS Basketball tradition plays second fiddle to any SEOAL school.

If so, then why leave the league? :-D

Stay a little while longer and give those other schools a chance to see what they could do, like Portsmouth, Ironton, Gallipolis, Warren, Marietta, Logan and Jackson. :-D

By the way Chillicothe has a 3-1 record against your Blue Devils. :-D

And you all didn't show for the cross-over division SEOAL League Game in the 2006-2007 season that was at Chillicothe. :-D

See you all on 1-30-2009 @ Chillicothe at the Hatton :-D

Hopefully, our CAVS can make it another W in your adopted hometown over your Blue Devils.

Good Luck to them this year.

tropical breeze
Riding the Bench

Somehow, All history is forgoten between ZHS and Chillicothe with the exception of the last two years. 3-1? Is that all time series? hahaha I think Chillicothe can count their blessings that they did not have to go through ZHS last year in Athens...I know ZHS prevented 1 banner from being hung in the Hatton, too bad we didn't get the chance to make it 2! (Comments are made in good humor, I actually do root for Chillicothe with the exceptions of the ZHS games)

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

BuckeyeCav

The Ville showed up at the Hat to win the SEOAL Championship this past season... :122245

And hopefully a rematch at Ville this year :122249

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Joey Prati commit's to Wheeling Jesuit way to go Joe .Show the SEOAL your a prime time player.. :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

Return to “Boys Basketball”